Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years beyond 25 , but in 1987 Michael Owens could have gone anywhere as a high school all american.
I know I'm nitpicking, but wasn't Owens a senior at SU in '87?

After James Mungro, who was the best RB recruit that SU has had in the last 25 years and committed to us over USC, Penn State, Michigan and Florida State, redshirted, there's no guarantee of anything.
But you can contrast that with Kyle McIntosh and Rob Konrad both starting as true freshman.

The team is way different now than it was when Mungro stepped on campus. It was loaded with veterans that had won legitimate bowl games then. This one doesn't have a player on offense that anyone outside of Syracuse has heard of.

He wasn't saying some one had committed it was a comment to a cuse fan that was talking about restore 44. Jerome was making a case against it. He said if the 44 shouldn't be used to recruit. That a kid should want to come there for academics and the team not the number 44

image.jpg

Don't think anybody is scared of the rb depth chart. 3 kids haven't stepped foot on campus. The other two will be gone by the time Washington gets here.

Curtis Brinkley and Tim Washington. Brinkley was a parade AA I believe. Washington had shattered CT rushing records. I'd have to check his offers. Brinkley was a hot commodity but didn't qualify and went prep.

Curtis Brinkley and Tim Washington. Brinkley was a parade AA I believe. Washington had shattered CT rushing records. I'd have to check his offers. Brinkley was a hot commodity but didn't qualify and went prep.
His R*******vals profile says that Washington's only other offer was UConn. Boonah, on the other hand, had offers from VaTech, Nebraska, GaTech, Iowa, Minnesota, and Maryland, according to that same website.

I saw the tweet. Huh why? It's simple for me. Robert is unproven at the next level and nobody knows what he will pan out to be just like every other high school player making that transition. But Former RB and current RB on tweeter sending shots at a kid that's in high school. Rome Rome should be encouraging the same ones retweeting to get it done and maybe Syracuse fans wouldn't have to worry about the RB position. You got guys thats 4 years deep still having question marks about who starting. Worry about this year boys. Get it done and Robert Washington wouldn't even be a conv. Sad truth a uncommitted high school junior is generating more life into the Syracuse fans base then the actual redshirt junior RB's. Like Rome Rome said #playmakersmakeplays he should be tweeting that to his former backfield teammates.

I saw the tweet. Huh why? It's simple for me. Robert is unproven at the next level and nobody knows what he will pan out to be just like every other high school player making that transition. But Former RB and current RB on tweeter sending shots at a kid that's in high school. Rome Rome should be encouraging the same ones retweeting to get it done and maybe Syracuse fans wouldn't have to worry about the RB position. You got guys thats 4 years deep still having question marks about who starting. Worry about this year boys. Get it done and Robert Washington wouldn't even be a conv. Sad truth a uncommitted high school junior is generating more life into the Syracuse fans base then the actual redshirt junior RB's. Like Rome Rome said #playmakersmakeplays he should be tweeting that to his former backfield teammates.
In fairness, he did say he wants to see Robert in Orange. Just for the right reasons. It wasn't communicated properly.

In fairness, he did say he wants to see Robert in Orange. Just for the right reasons. It wasn't communicated properly.
Yeah, I think the main thing here is that Jerome seems to have been misinformed about the overall recruitment. For whatever reason, he seems to think it's ONLY about 44, when it's obviously not. Fortunately, Bambrewer set him straight and he seemed to get it after that. Robert is going to make a good decision for himself based on a variety of factors. The number isn't going to be the focal point here.

Personally, I think our best bet to land Robert is that, as I mentioned before, we check off everything on his list. The reason I am so excited about 44 being in play is that, as CaliLuv808 mentioned, he's already generating an incredible amount of excitement about the program and he's not even a commit, and the fact of the matter is that while we check off everything on his list and would be a great option for him, the same could be said for most of the other schools he's looking at as well - and 44 could simply be an ace up our sleeve, should we choose to play it.

I think that's what got lost for Jerome. He had it reversed (thinking 44 was most important, and everything else was secondary, when in reality it's the other way around...you've got the checklist, and then 44 is just a potential wild card thrown into the mix that could, potentially, be icing on the cake for our recruiting pitch).

There has been rumors swirling around that Jerome was offered and declined the number. Different people have different feelings on the retired number coming back. Unfortunately a former running back doesn't seem to like the idea . Fortunately I've only heard it from him and one other person and neither have had a decent argument against it. A vast majority of the fans support this idea and that's what's truely important. The excitement it could bring to the team is what's important. But the bottom line is RW could come here and wear 13 or-4567737 and it wouldn't matter he would generate the excitment. The return 44 is truely just icing on the cake. I was glad to see Jerome respond to my tweet and seemed to get it.

There has been rumors swirling around that Jerome was offered and declined the number. Different people have different feelings on the retired number coming back. Unfortunately a former running back doesn't seem to like the idea . Fortunately I've only heard it from him and one other person and neither have had a decent argument against it. A vast majority of the fans support this idea and that's what's truely important. The excitement it could bring to the team is what's important. But the bottom line is RW could come here and wear 13 or-4567737 and it wouldn't matter he would generate the excitment. The return 44 is truely just icing on the cake. I was glad to see Jerome respond to my tweet and seemed to get it.

I'm all for negative numbers on jerseys.

Drummond started through '88 (Rob's senior year). Owens didn't have the starting gig until '89.

I just read the At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. blog on Robert and started to notice the responses. Mike M in particular. Good luck to Shafer and his staff if that's the approach. What's the problem with a kid wanting the number out of HS? Isn't that the original purpose for the number in the beginning? Some of them aren't getting the point of the "why" he wants to wear it. If it upsets a current RB I can understand but they didn't ask for it like Robert did in such a public way. Now after Robert ask to wear it they have a problem. Now people say hey give it to a upperclassmen that has earned it. Well ok that seems logical but that kid never made it that important. The thing is Robert is making it important and it has drawn a lot attention to the subject. All while understanding the honor of the number in which he holds it dear to his heart. I can guarantee if Robert goes in with that number and feels he will tarnish it he will give the number up. Or if he goes in and he's getting killed by a more well deserving back he won't wear it, That's the type of person he is. He get's it.

I believe most of the fans up here are very familiar with the situation and pretty much understand what will land him. If Syracuse is not the school everyone will know the why. And I wouldn't blame the fans for being upset with the powers to be. Because Robert commits to Syracuse if the number is offered. It doesn't take much to see that.

Food for thought- Why you think he pushed his commitment date from March to April 25th?

Link- http://syracuse.At their request, t...staying-in-touch-with-robert-washington?s=185

I just read the At their request, this network is being blocked from this site. blog on Robert and started to notice the responses. Mike M in particular. Good luck to Shafer and his staff if that's the approach. What's the problem with a kid wanting the number out of HS? Isn't that the original purpose for the number in the beginning? Some of them aren't getting the point of the "why" he wants to wear it. If it upsets a current RB I can understand but they didn't ask for it like Robert did in such a public way. Now after Robert ask to wear it they have a problem. Now people say hey give it to a upperclassmen that has earned it. Well ok that seems logical but that kid never made it that important. The thing is Robert is making it important and it has drawn a lot attention to the subject. All while understanding the honor of the number in which he holds it dear to his heart. I can guarantee if Robert goes in with that number and feels he will tarnish it he will give the number up. Or if he goes in and he's getting killed by a more well deserving back he won't wear it, That's the type of person he is. He get's it.

I believe most of the fans up here are very familiar with the situation and pretty much understand what will land him. If Syracuse is not the school everyone will know the why. And I wouldn't blame the fans for being upset with the powers to be. Because Robert commits to Syracuse if the number is offered. It doesn't take much to see that.

Food for thought- Why you think he pushed his commitment date from March to April 25th?

Link- http://syracuse.At their request, t...staying-in-touch-with-robert-washington?s=185
Word

I just read the . . . . . . . . . blog on Robert and started to notice the responses. Mike M in particular. Good luck to Shafer and his staff if that's the approach. What's the problem with a kid wanting the number out of HS? Isn't that the original purpose for the number in the beginning? Some of them aren't getting the point of the "why" he wants to wear it. If it upsets a current RB I can understand but they didn't ask for it like Robert did in such a public way. Now after Robert ask to wear it they have a problem. Now people say hey give it to a upperclassmen that has earned it. Well ok that seems logical but that kid never made it that important. The thing is Robert is making it important and it has drawn a lot attention to the subject. All while understanding the honor of the number in which he holds it dear to his heart. I can guarantee if Robert goes in with that number and feels he will tarnish it he will give the number up. Or if he goes in and he's getting killed by a more well deserving back he won't wear it, That's the type of person he is. He get's it.

Link- http://syracuse.. . . . . . . . . /...staying-in-touch-with-robert-washington?s=185
Well, with regard to your food for thought...

Now I'm thinking maybe he's still waiting for SU to stop dragging its feet and offer the damn number.

If that's the case...good lord, SU. Offer the freaking number. Right now.

I just read some of the posts regarding this topic on TOS.

Good lord. If this comes down to making him "earn it" versus just giving it to him, I'm going to be furious. No one made Michael Owens or Rob Konrad or any of the other 44s "earn it."

What a bunch of crap. Stop trying to teach lessons and play hardball, and land the best recruit we've been involved with in years. This is just immensely frustrating. Just close, Syracuse. Do what it takes to land this young man.

Let me add this. Now all of this is on potential again every prospect is unproven until they hit the college field. Robert is no different. So let's rely on facts. Robert is 5'10 1/2 no shoes on. His current weight is 218 pounds. He ran times of 4.41 handheld and 4.47 laser. All done with multiple media sources and witnesses so nothing self reported. So at worst or on a bad day he's a 4.5 kid. The trend in the last couple of years have been quality RB's coming out of the state of North Carolina. Todd Gurley being one by the way serves as Robert's big brother and mentor.

I wanted to bring this to light because it's a little known fact. The thing behind Robert's rankings is a lot of these guys that do rankings don't care for Robert but have to acknowledge him. Robert doesn't give any exclusives to these guys and it pisses them off because they can't make money on subscriptions breaking a story on him. Robert breaks his news through twitter and does interviews after. That's a behind the scene fact. But when it comes to the actual college coaches he's at the top of their boards. Which is evident in his offer list. It's not another RB that has the kids offer list in the country 5 star or not. The kid had 25 D1 offers in the 10th grade. The value of what I'm saying is the Nick Sabans, Urban Meyers, Les Miles, Safers, ect.. Know what it is. To get a college offer the college coaching staff must evaluate your film. Meaning over 45 D1 and 20 D1aa schools have evaluated him and has offered him. He can be a 1 star or 5 star it doesn't matter. He has the college coaches respect. So no he will never be a 5 star and you will see players above him that will make you scratch your head. This stuff is a business just checkout how many of these "media" 5 stars was in this years Super Bowl. If Syracuse get's him that's POWERFUL. So worst case he doesn't pan out. Well that would mean it's a lot of coaches with years of experience that was wrong on him. Not a bad gamble on giving him #44.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom