Real quick... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Real quick...

Greatness is something you're constantly striving for. Being great is something w-l record indicates.

Anyway.. i'm not trying to bash the guy it's only been 1 week. I just think the hype machine needs to slow down. The spring game was a total bust (20k fans in attendence??), the twitter bickering with local beat writers (regardless if it was warranted), and a poor showing by the O in week 1.

I would lay low for a bit

Maybe lose the #greatness for now... We are 0-1 because of a poor outing by his offense

I'll make sure to tell him to replace #greatness with #mediocre.

Anyway.. i'm not trying to bash the guy it's only been 1 week. I just think the hype machine needs to slow down. The spring game was a total bust (20k fans in attendence??), the twitter bickering with local beat writers (regardless if it was warranted), and a poor showing by the O in week 1.

I would lay low for a bit

Confidence is often confused with arrogance. I prefer a confident team striving to be the best. As opposed to the Grob era - no confidence, striving to be okay.

I'll make sure to tell him to replace #greatness with #mediocre.

HAHA

how about instead of #greatness... he doesnt tweet anything... and we just go 12-0 and ARE GREAT

HAHA

how about instead of #greatness... he doesnt tweet anything... and we just go 12-0 and ARE GREAT

HAHA

It's called being confident in yourself and your team. I would call that a good thing.. ? I'd rather have someone who stays confident than someone who slouches and disappears.

This is his, "forte", his job.

iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Greatness is something you're constantly striving for. Being great is something w-l record indicates.
Take that, Ernie Banks.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

OK.. last one from me and then I will leave it alone.

Agreed-- confidence is a good thing

Agreed-- we should strive to be as good as possible

Not trying to be a grouch...I'm old fasioned I guess (I don't have twitter/ facebook etc..) ... but I still don't think it really works(especially in the wake of a poor performance) -- but maybe I just don't get it

Let's look at this without the orange glasses on... If a a tweet went out of the Rutgers assistant coach today #greatness... would you think it was admirable that he was striving for greatness?? Or would you think the person who tweeted it was delusional because they just lost to Fresno State.

OK.. last one from me and then I will leave it alone.

Agreed-- confidence is a good thing

Agreed-- we should strive to be as good as possible

Not trying to be a grouch...I'm old fasioned I guess (I don't have twitter/ facebook etc..) ... but I still don't think it really works(especially in the wake of a poor performance) -- but maybe I just don't get it

Let's look at this without the orange glasses on... If a a tweet went out of the Rutgers assistant coach today #greatness... would you think it was admirable that he was striving for greatness?? Or would you think the person who tweeted it was delusional because they just lost to Fresno State.
I wouldn't care because we don't play Rutgers.

In terms of McDonald, the kids we are recruiting care and the kids on the team care and most of the fans care. So let him do what he wants. By the way the Tweet was from Eric White, not George McDonald.

I wouldn't care because we don't play Rutgers.

In terms of McDonald, the kids we are recruiting care and the kids on the team care and most of the fans care. So let him do what he wants. By the way the Tweet was from Eric White, not George McDonald.

Agree, I have no issue with twitter hashtags or any of that other stuff. Bottom line is if the offese struggles again McDonald will have plenty of other issues to worry about.

So there shouldn't be any tweets coming from anyone in Syracuse Football. You have to remember that fans/players/recruits have short memories over the course of a season.

Staying positive ALWAYS is the ONLY way to go about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom