Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the dumbest posts that I've seen on this board in a while.

6-6?

Put your money where your mouth is.
Purdue stinks.

Western Michigan stinks.

Colgate stinks.

Army is decent, but not a P5 team. And we struggled with them at home.

Today was a game against a team ripe for the picking and we were not in the game.

I understand it’s fun to be 4-0, but we have played weak competition.

Purdue stinks.

Western Michigan stinks.

Colgate stinks.

Today was a game against a team ripe for the picking and we were not in the game.

That's funny, I read here what an incredibly difficult challenge Purdue was going to be, prior to us whipping their asses on the road playing our "C" game. How the goal post the fact is, we dominated the first four opponents like we were supposed to. Army absolutely will be a bowl team. It was a disappointing loss today, that's the one thing I agree with from this thread.

We both know you're a better poster than this.

That's funny, I read here what an incredibly difficult challenge Purdue was going to be, prior to us whipping their asses on the road playing our "C" game. How the goal post the fact is, we dominated the first four opponents like we were supposed to. Army absolutely will be a bowl team. It was a disappointing loss today, that's the one thing I agree with from this thread.

We both know you're a better poster than this.
The problem is, everyone say everyone we play is difficult to make us look better, and that happens in basketball too “they’ll win their league”.

Posted in the other thread —

I was hoping for 4-0 or 3-1 in the first four games. We got four.

I’m expecting 0-3 or 1-2 in these three.

Expect 4-1 or 3-2 in the last five.

So we’re on track. But it’s so frustrating watching how we lost this game.

Exactly. It's always self inflicted mistakes in these types of games. Not protecting/valuing the football, penalties, drops, then the questionable FG decision instead of going for it or punting. We always make these types of mistakes and it's coaching

Good point. we had the ball 1st and 10 with 4 mins left with the ball on the 40. Why did they have plenty of time again?
I have lots of complaints about the offensive game strategy. The fg or go for it vs punt is low on my list of issues. My bigger issue is we should have adjusted our call on third down.

So, you're unhappy with recruiting Shrader who was responsible for 3 turnovers and the 21 points scored because of them?
Shrader is what he is. At what point is Dino responsible? He literally recruits, coaches and then decides what players are out there.

In my mind it's not even about being a "player"- I mean, we're not, nor ever will be a football factory.
But we should be able to have consistency enough to where we win more then we lose, and make one of the hundreds of bowl games that are out there- on a fairly regular basis.
To do that we need to win some of these "big stage" games, at home, against evenly matched opponents. Yet we seem to always spit-the-bit and gag a little when we get the opportunity. And honestly, Dino seems to pucker up more than anybody.
I don't need to see histrionics on the sidelines, but how about some credible in-game strategizing? He always seems to have a hiccup in these games- whether it's clock management, timeouts, or decision-making. At this point, it's no longer surprising, just annoying.
I agree with you. It just gets so frustrating every year it's something. I just wish he would have questioned the 2 calls. (Alford out of bounds and the backward pass) . Even the announcers mentioned they should have questioned them. That could have been a possibility two scores. Again just pure frustration.

Purdue stinks.

Western Michigan stinks.

Colgate stinks.

That’s fine but BC, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, State, wake forest and Virginia Tech all stink to

A punt at the 39 is routinely mocked on here too. No matter what he did he was getting criticized. The D could have held too.
He had 3 choices- punt and back them up, go for it, or try a FG.
Out of those 3, the one he decided on was the worst. Unless the kid was booming them in practice/warm-ups, you don't trot him out there and give Clemson that excellent field position. If you go for it and gain 6 yards, that's still better than the fg try.
It was a bad coaching move, & one that seems to come along regularly in these types of games, with our HCDB.

When’s the last time we pulled a big upset? 2017?

Even GRob won at ND and had that Louisville game in that otherwise horrible 4 year span.

Why can’t ever pull one off anymore?

Rather than being a nightmare in the Dome for good teams to play against, we seem to be the ones who are affected by it and play the worst games possible in these spots.

Dino has faults, but losing to fn Clemson isn’t the reason to run him out of town. The overall direction of the program is positive, and given where we’ve been, we don’t get to expect to beat Clemson yet, even in a down year.
Though Duke does get to? At what point is the overall direction of the program is positive not enough for you? Serious question.

I would have punted every day of the week. It was a one score game. Put them in deep and try to get the ball back. You don't give them the ball at midfield.
Clemson O isn’t explosive. It’s a game you can win playing time of possession and field position.

Dino’s record is mediocre. So are his in game decisions. 6-7 wins and a bowl no one cares about is his ceiling. We beat 4 tomato cans who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom