Really excited about this team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Really excited about this team

The Good:
Young team that really has ability to shoot the ball which hasn't been the case in past few years. They should have some interesting line ups that can slow it down or depending on how Joseph has developed may be able to run a little.

The Bad:
If we rely on outside shooting then if we have an off night if may allow some less talented team to stay in the game. Defense with a young squad is always a learning process and this will be no exception.

This team will be fun to watch but also may leaving you frustrated just as often. How the team responds defensively as year goes on and how long Colman can last through a game will be major factors I think.

I think some posters (not me) are more down then most years because of the center spot defensively, on the other hand the other four positions say we can be as good as any in the county.

Coleman adds weight at center, I think we will be at our best when he can keep guys out of the lowpost inviting time for guys like Lydon and Roberson to help out, and our zone doesn't need to extend as much with guys like Gbinije uptop. Rewatch the second half of the scrimmage and watch how we don't extend we crushed them.

I am more worried about Obokoh defensively then I am Dajuan, but also keep in mind he played with the second team only in the second half I believe.

Go back and watch last years duke game, they beat us soundly but it wasn't just okafor (the only guy in the county that could give rak trouble) their guards played extemely well to keep us out of the game both games.
This year our guards and forwards will give the advantage.

Its early in the season if someone wants to have the guts to guess we are on the bubble, then go ahead be courageous and say our centers are going to give up 24 ppg foul out and our shooting won't be enough to overcome it.

May I add that shooting the ball well is a rare skill early in the season and will help us in 4-5 huge ooc games. I am changing my iggy to unbeaten pre-conference from one loss for that reason.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom