Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

As a faculty member at Syracuse, I have some insight into the academic side of SU. We have some great programs that are significantly better than the institutions mentioned here. The flaw in our thinking is we want to compare universities. The real value isn't so much at the university level, as it is in the degree program the student athlete will be enrolled. Therefore, we need to compare degree programs. We have programs that rank consistently in the top 5 nationally. By example, should I send my child to ND, an Ivy, UVA or Duke if he wants to major in Journalism, Information Management, Public Policy or Physics? There would be no way. Our programs are rated academicly superior year after year.

Syracuse, historically, gets a bad rap when it comes to academics. This seems odd to me because many of my faculty colleagues teaching our courses and doing research came from these other institutions. It begs the question, are these faculty members from these so-called better schools not very good?
I’m guessing you’re not the 105-year-old statistics professor I had freshman year.

One of Ty’s four star kids is from Hilton. Maybe he’s in play?

This may just be a small class. Recrutniks were not enamored with the ‘25s and you got to think a lot of money gets freed up when the Spallina class graduates in ‘26.

One of Ty’s four star kids is from Hilton. Maybe he’s in play?

This may just be a small class. Recrutniks were not enamored with the ‘25s and you got to think a lot of money gets freed up when the Spallina class graduates in ‘26.
I hope so.. 6’2” 210 upstate kid

I’m guessing you’re not the 105-year-old statistics professor I had freshman year.
No, stats are not my field of expertise, but I'd hope to reach 105 some day. I do hope you value your education at Syracuse.

Gary Merrill has put up a "schools considering" list on IL and Syracuse isn't on it.

UNC, UMd, UVa, Duke, PSU

I’m wrong about literally everything this recruiting cycle.

Gary Merrill has put up a "schools considering" list on IL and Syracuse isn't on it.

UNC, UMd, UVa, Duke, PSU
unc has been the favorite for weeks but wouldnt be surprised by any of those except psu

Couple more off the 4 star list
Adam Udell - Michigan
Treysen Stewart - Cornell

There are now just four top 50 players from IL's list remaining who are uncommitted.

1. Brandon Millon - Attack - McDonough
2. Gary Merrill - Midfield - St. Anthony's
34. Matthew Triolo - Attack - John Glenn (NY)
50. Wes Martin - Midfield - St. Anne's Belfield (VA)

I think that the only player who SU might have a chance with is Triolo. The reasons have been mentioned before, but he plays for Team 91 and is a public school kid. His club team coach has a player at SU right now (Christian Mule), though plenty of other Team 91 Shock kids have gone elsewhere. He is a lefty and with Peyton Anderson coming in next year, the Orange might not want to invest a ton in another left handed attackman. That said Triolo looks like a great player - he looks bigger than his 6'3 height and is a very flashy player. Certainly a kid you can see fitting in with an Gait/March offense. Hopefully he's at least considering SU.

After that there are 22 four star recruits left this cycle. I have to imagine SU is being aggressive as it looks like have lowest number of recruits out of the upper echelon schools right now. SU is only at six recruits while other schools are approaching double digits, or have exceeded it. Certainly not saying SU has their pick of the litter right now (UVA and Yale have only one more recruit than the Orange), but hopefully the Orange can afford to be a little more aggressive.

Bauer from CSH off the board, along with some additional four stars.

Are these kids at ND paying their own way? How can you possibly divide 12.6 'ships between all these players?

Also, this must have been expected and I assume that's it for Notre Dame this cycle.

Last edited:
Are these kids a ND paying their own way? How can you possibly divide 12.6 'ships between all these players?

Also, this must have been expected and I assume that's it for Notre Dame this cycle.
Could be some NIL involved to help defray the cost.

(Pure speculation on my part)