Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Do we have any clue if this commit was on campus this weekend?

Can someone tag the top 50 for IL

I can never find the page.

Drago is still taking visits, unlikely its him but SU remains in the mix.
My thoughts on Drago are this (and these are purely thoughts; I’m not in the know at all):

Tommy is still at Cuse. Perhaps he hasn’t had the experience he was hoping for, but he’s still there. Presumably, he’s busting his ass to get better and earn more time. Perhaps he’s viewed in a better light by the new DC than he was by Petro.

And since he’s still here, presumably he wants his team to do as well as it can in the time he has left and beyond. His brother will make the team better. So I can’t imagine that Tommy is trying to dissuade Anthony from going to Cuse. I would hope, if anything, that he’s doing everything he can to convince Anthony to commit.

This also assumes that they have a good relationship and that Cuse aligns with Anthony’s educational interests, but the fact that Tommy is still there should give us hope.

I know that’s a lot of presumptions and assumptions, and I don’t want to spark false hope, but those are my thoughts.

i dont know who it is, but it's not him

my guess would be filardi

Filardi is a big football guy (plays quarterback). Looks like he's taken a few recruiting visits for football, including Penn State, Nebraska and yes, Syracuse.

Two other names that haven't been mentioned but might be interested in SU -

#27 Christopher Alexis, midfielder from Florida but plays for Salisbury.

#37 Matthew Triolo, attackman for John Glenn High School on Long Island, and plays for Team 91 Shock.

Will it be enough to overcome the 20 goals a game they give up?
Cute but ignorant. How many goals did SU give up to Georgetown in Desko's last game - 18? The program was left very weakened. So it is Petro's fault that SU's overmatched roster he was given with a schedule that included MD, UNC, ND, UVA, Duke? Without a horrendous faceoff unit.
Petro was doing a great job at SU, rebuilding the roster. Unfortunately he is not here, time to move on. But can the garbage SU is better off without him. It is late September, it is pretty clear we are weakened by his departure on the recruiting trail.

Cute but ignorant. How many goals did SU give up to Georgetown in Desko's last game - 18? The program was left very weakened. So it is Petro's fault that SU's overmatched roster he was given with a schedule that included MD, UNC, ND, UVA, Duke? Without a horrendous faceoff unit.
Petro was doing a great job at SU, rebuilding the roster. Unfortunately he is not here, time to move on. But can the garbage SU is better off without him. It is late September, it is pretty clear we are weakened by his departure on the recruiting trail.
You’re a blame the hammer when you smash your thumb kinda guy, aren’t ya.

You’re a blame the hammer when you smash your thumb kinda guy, aren’t ya.
No but certainly have far greater understanding and perspective on the situation. You just pop off - no meat to anything you say. Just 'quips" because you are ignorant.
I said it two weeks ago - very concerned for SU on the recruiting trail. Petro was doing it all here, putting in the time. Who on this staff has his resume', experience, & work ethic as a coach in men's DI lacrosse? Not saying the current SU staff will not get the job done, but to sit here and act like all is good is really naive.

No but certainly have far greater understanding and perspective on the situation. You just pop off - no meat to anything you say. Just 'quips" because you are ignorant.
I said it two weeks ago - very concerned for SU on the recruiting trail. Petro was doing it all here, putting in the time. Who on this staff has his resume', experience, & work ethic as a coach in men's DI lacrosse? Not saying the current SU staff will not get the job done, but to sit here and act like all is good is really naive.
No you don’t.

And I’ve never once bashed Petro as a recruiter. He’s fantastic at it. Your concerns, as echoed by a few others, about the current staff’s abilities are warranted, in part because we don’t know how good Odierna and Acquaviva are. They’re too new. We’ll find out soon enough. No one seems to know what role Gait is playing. Is he a front line guy? A closer? Maybe both, depending on the player? Marsh is a grinder, that we know.

Bummer.

How much money do I have pay to unsee this?

IMG_6910.jpeg

Bummer.

Unfortunate but what I expected/heard. Duke was always going to be a major issue here. You don't want to go overboard but getting late early for 5 stars, need to grab a few high end guys here in the near future.

Last edited:
Unfortunate but what I expected/heard. Duke was always going to be a major issue here. You don't want to go overboard but getting late early for 5 stars, need to grab a few high end guys here in the near future.
not trying to be the “told you so guy” but I brought this up last week. It’s starting to get late early in the cycle and we’re sitting here with 3 commits, only one of whom(Kittleberger) is all that highly regarded.

Again, that’s not to say the other 2 players don’t turn out or be better that Kittleberger, but you cannot expect to compete in the conference they are in without the talent.

Have to start winning some battles soon. Sounds like some promising news is on the way, that will be much needed.