Recruiting Updates | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Scout's latest rankings

Our class is 10th

http://scouthoops.At their request,...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Scout's latest rankings

Our class is 10th

http://scouthoops.At their request,...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
I believe ESPN has us at #4. All subject to change, of course. And then there is the Bryant factor.

I believe ESPN has us at #4. All subject to change, of course. And then there is the Bryant factor.
Scout has all of our guys below just about everyone else. and I believe Bryant is only at #33. Both of our potential McDonald's All Americans are outside the top 25, kind of funny.

The thought of that did crossed my mind but then I figured if that's the case then flying down to GA to see Kobi Simmons or getting the passport stamped to see Mr. Murray would be something more ideal imo. Probably was nothing than due diligence.
I'm a huge Kobi Simmons fan. He plays with a bit of a Dion-like swagger, and gets to the hole at will. He doesn't have the best of form on his 3s, but he knocked down a a few when his team needed him late.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2015/03/36-news-and-notes.html
Latest updates and thoughts, as I drop my 2 cents on what happened today and the future of the program when it comes to recruiting.

I really enjoyed your post. It was even more of interest than usual, with the NCAA "findings" having just been announced. Awesome to see Battle and his father still high on the 'Cuse. Also great to see that apparently all 4 commits are still committed.

I'm craving some Bryant info, he's been talking like a politician for awhile, and am curious what he'd say at this point, or even what his mother would say(even though he's been clear she doesn't necessarily speak for him). After reading the article about his latest IU visit and being impressed with how their bigs are handled and do well in the draft, I'd be concerned even if no scholarships had been lost. I thought I read on here a couple months ago that IU was basically out of the equation because they in some way looked bad to the Bryants?

Again, great writeup and assembly of relevant info. Keep it rolling Francis!

Can someone in the know shed some light on TB's situation? I thought if we had an offer out to him we could still sign him for next year as long as we only have 12 on scholarship and push back the sanctions to 16-17. Some people are reading it as, because he has not signed his NLI we can't sign him without starting the sanctions in 15-16. Meaning we would only have 10 schollies for next year. Which way is it?

Can someone in the know shed some light on TB's situation? I thought if we had an offer out to him we could still sign him for next year as long as we only have 12 on scholarship and push back the sanctions to 16-17. Some people are reading it as, because he has not signed his NLI we can't sign him without starting the sanctions in 15-16. Meaning we would only have 10 schollies for next year. Which way is it?

Just my opinion on this! There was verbiage in the NCCA penalties that inferred SU could only retain the players that were officially offered. Signed document. TB was not officially offered so IMO that means he is out in the NCAA eyes. Now if SU appeals, it is possible that all cards are off the table until the NCAA responds to the appeal. But even if that is the case; will SU try to push TB thru while the appeal process is going on? Will SU then want to deal with situation where they would have to be forced to get down to 13 in 2016/17? That would mean other than Cooney and Mike, 2 more players would have to leave early to keep their commitment to Moyer. It seems evident to me they have to pass on TB because of sanctions and that really puts TB in a last minute scramble because I think he was planning on SU all along.

Just my opinion on this! There was verbiage in the NCCA penalties that inferred SU could only retain the players that were officially offered. Signed document. TB was not officially offered so IMO that means he is out in the NCAA eyes. Now if SU appeals, it is possible that all cards are off the table until the NCAA responds to the appeal. But even if that is the case; will SU try to push TB thru while the appeal process is going on? Will SU then want to deal with situation where they would have to be forced to get down to 13 in 2016/17? That would mean other than Cooney and Mike, 2 more players would have to leave early to keep their commitment to Moyer. It seems evident to me they have to pass on TB because of sanctions and that really puts TB in a last minute scramble because I think he was planning on SU all along.

These were my thoughts and perhaps the reason for anomander's post in the Bryant thread that we are out when it comes to TB.