Recruiting Updates | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

I think some like to think they have inside sources!
The source of this rumor was TomCat from his attendance at the Coaches vs. Cancer, JB's "The Basket Ball" at Turning Stone. In his annual very detailed report he made mention that good news was coming and we got the one we wanted. TC's info is "as good as it gets". I assume he got this directly or indirectly from an "inside source" meaning someone on the BB staff. FWIW

The source of this rumor was TomCat from his attendance at the Coaches vs. Cancer, JB's "The Basket Ball" at Turning Stone. In his annual very detailed report he made mention that good news was coming and we got the one we wanted. TC's info is "as good as it gets". I assume he got this directly or indirectly from an "inside source" meaning someone on the BB staff. FWIW
IDK. They only serve the top of the ale of ginger at that event. TC may have been a bit buzzed and heard wrong, or was just flat out making it up to increase his "tees" and "likes". ;)

Daddy's back. I miss anything?

Updates with some good stuff for those that haven't been checking out the blog since I went in hibernation.
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/04/425-27-live-evaluation-period-updates.html
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/04/428-news-and-notes.html
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/05/54-news-and-notes.html

So what we discussing? Don't ask me about who was suppose to commit May 1st because I don't know and the person who I think they were talking about was suppose to do so back in November and February. So holla at me whenever he does commit because I got other things to worry about.

Got plenty of film to watch this month so expect some good evaluations and thoughts later this month.

I liked the Parson/Lydon comparison at first but now I think it's lame since it has gone commercial. The only thing that they have similar is probably their offensive games. Tyler is so much tougher and more willing to bang inside with the big dogs than the former Gator.

Would like to give a big welcome shout out to sterncuse. Thanks for the vids and new insight on everything that has been going down out in your area.

Updates with some good stuff for those that haven't been checking out the blog since I went in hibernation.
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2014/04/425-27-live-evaluation-period-updates.html

So what we discussing? Don't ask me about who was suppose to commit May 1st because I don't know and the person who I think they were talking about was suppose to do so back in November and February. So holla at me whenever he does commit because I got other things to worry about.

Got plenty of film to watch this month so expect some good evaluations and thoughts later this month.

I liked the Parson/Lydon comparison at first but now I think it's lame since it has gone commercial. The only thing that they have similar is probably their offensive games. Tyler is so much tougher and more willing to bang inside with the big dogs than the former Gator.

Would like to give a big welcome shout out to sterncuse. Thanks for the vids and new insight on everything that has been going down out in your area.

Hey welcome back Francis! Hearing anything about the 7 footer Papagianis (sp) ? jake said we were persuing him!

Hey welcome back Francis! Hearing anything about the 7 footer Papagianis (sp) ? jake said we were persuing him!
Thanks. I'm always concerned when there are rumors about a Euro kid going back home to play pro ball. I figure if the staff suddenly makes a push, then it is because they're confident that he'll stay in the states.

Capt. Tuttle said:
IDK. They only serve the top of the ale of ginger at that event. TC may have been a bit buzzed and heard wrong, or was just flat out making it up to increase his "tees" and "likes". ;)

Follow-up: my source says things changed. Kids sometimes change their minds. We remain in good shape with a number of bigs but no done deals.

no big deal Tom like you said predicting what 17 or 18 year old kids are going to do is an impossible task. Hell when I was that age I couldn't predict what I was going to do next...lol no doubt we will get 2 good prospects!

Yeah boyeeee, the bat man!
Welcome back my friend, and please don't leave us again. We, at least I, get confused and lost.
:)

no big deal Tom like you said predicting what 17 or 18 year old kids are going to do is an impossible task. Hell when I was that age I couldn't predict what I was going to do next...lol no doubt we will get 2 good prospects!

I think it is a big deal. I, for one, am sick and tired of Tom constantly posting bogus information and bringing just about nothing to the table whenever he posts. The nerve...

I think it is a big deal. I, for one, am sick and tired of Tom constantly posting bogus information and bringing just about nothing to the table whenever he posts. The nerve...
I hope you're kidding. Others have said similar things and meant it.

I hope you're kidding. Others have said similar things and meant it.

That's because some others don't appreciate people who go out of their way to be helpful and contribute to the site. I was thinking about putting a smiley there just in case.

Now if people want to accuse me of posting bogus information and bringing nothing to the table, then I can't really argue that point. :)

Anyone hear if we don't go after another recruit this spring for the upcoming class? We look to be at only 10 schoolarship players, unless I am mistaken. If DC doesn't come back we could be real short in the middle.

I'm under the assumption that our coaching staff knows exactly what Colemans' status is going to be come next fall. I highly doubt that Jimmy B and co. would go into the season with only Rak and Chino as the only big men. We would see a full court press on ANY available big man uncommitted if that's the case. You've got to assume if we are done adding until 2015, Coleman will be ready to go.

I'm under the assumption that our coaching staff knows exactly what Colemans' status is going to be come next fall. I highly doubt that Jimmy B and co. would go into the season with only Rak and Chino as the only big men. We would see a full court press on ANY available big man uncommitted if that's the case. You've got to assume if we are done adding until 2015, Coleman will be ready to go.
Still, with Rak getting into constant foul trouble and inconsistent play, a new man who hasn't seen the court yet, and I have to wonder what kind of shape DC will be in when the season starts, some big questions for sure. Now, if Rak can put it together, and he has showed flashes like he was ready to turn the corner, we should be ok 3 deep. Still, another injury and a couple of players not seeing PT could mean another 6-7 man deep team. To me, the biggest question mark is not Roberson, BJ or Patterson...by necessity these three will have to play in the rotation, but can KJ and McCullough be starters or have significant PT throughout the year. If that happens we could be ok. IMO, if we can play 8 guys regulary, we may be better then most of us are thinking right now, but if we end up like we did last year playing just 6 with significant PT, could be a long season. Is this Silent G's last year of elidgeability or does he have 2 more years?