Red: Everyone is back that is not in the portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Red: Everyone is back that is not in the portal

Did most of the elite guys for the really good teams average 35+ minutes per game this year?
I would hazard a guess that many of the bench guys on the elite teams were better than our starts, perhaps other than Judah or Jesse.

A .500 team made up of mostly the same players except for the best ones is going to be a hard sell to the fan base after the last 10 years.
IDK. New paint job. Grease the axles and tune the engine so it can get out and run. Let's see what can happen.

I would hazard a guess that many of the bench guys on the elite teams were better than our starts, perhaps other than Judah or Jesse.
So basically if Red decides to go with the guys he has now, you want to undermine his decision?

Only one guy on Alabama averaged over 30 min. None on San Diego St.. 2 on Houston, 3 on Miami.
None of those teams had anyone average 35 min per game.

We didn’t have anyone average over 35 either and 3 over 30.

We didn’t have anyone average over 35 either and 3 over 30.
I was surprised we didn't have anyone averaging 35 minutes a game this season, but Joe was at 34.7, so it was close. However, you have to go back to 2011-2012 to find a year when we didn't have at least one guy averaging over 35 minutes a game.

I was surprised we didn't have anyone averaging 35 minutes a game this season, but Joe was at 34.7, so it was close. However, you have to go back to 2011-2012 to find a year when we didn't have at least one guy averaging over 35 minutes a game.
If he didn’t go 0 for 3 games and sit the bench more as a result in that stretch, he would’ve.

If he didn’t go 0 for 3 games and sit the bench more as a result in that stretch, he would’ve.

2 of those games he played more than 35. 36 and 38. Joe has never averaged more than this years 34.4.

Ok. So do elite guys expect to average 35+ minutes per game? That was the discussion.

Ok. So do elite guys expect to average 35+ minutes per game? That was the discussion.
An elite player is going to want as many minutes that he can get and if he's that good, people will want him to play as much as possible.

An elite player is going to want as many minutes that he can get and if he's that good, people will want him to play as much as possible.
So how do the really good teams keep their best players from playing 35+ minutes per game?

So how do the really good teams keep their best players from playing 35+ minutes per game?

This year in the ACC there were 7 players who played 35+ mpg.

This year in the ACC there were 7 players who played 35+ mpg.
Were the teams they played on amongst the best teams?

The assertion someone made is that you can only get elite players to come to your school if you promise them 35+ minutes per game. Is that true? Did the best teams with the best players, for the most part, play their best players 35+ minutes per game?

Were the teams they played on amongst the best teams?

The assertion someone made is that you can only get elite players to come to your school if promise them 35+ minutes per game. Is that true? Did the best teams with the best players, for the most part, play their best players 35+ minutes per game?

WF, Lville, NCSt, VT, ND, 2 on UNC. Then a Miami and an NCSt at 34.9.

Of the 10 national player of the year semifinalists, Jalen Wison was the only one to play 35 minutes per game. Two other guys were at 34.5 and 34.1. Most guys were 30-33 min. So, it doesn't seem that the best players demand 35+ minutes per game.

I guess that tweet above was referencing Jesse.

I think if you're going to go to portal for an upgrade, it's for a clear upgrade, like a top 5 or 10 player at a position. A guy like that is going to demand a marquee role. And if he is that good, don't you want him in as much as possible?

FWIW, players who averaged 35+ mpg in a season going back about 15 years.

Buddy x3 - ridiculous x3
Dolezaj - ridiculous
Hughes
Battle x2
Brissett - ridiculous
Howard - absurdly ridiculous
White
Lydon
Gbinije x2 - twice? Ok, one of those is ridiculous
Cooney x2 - absurdly ridiculous x2
Fair
Ennis