Red: Everyone is back that is not in the portal | Syracusefan.com

Red: Everyone is back that is not in the portal

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

“Everyone is back that is not in the portal," Autry said. "We’re excited. We’re working hard, they’re showing up every day. Obviously, things can change at anytime but as of right now, we have everyone back that is supposed to be here. I think once you get your roster solidified, you really try to incorporate and build on the things you want your team to play and reflect. But it’s not always on the court, it’s off the court. You’re setting your standards, your values and the core, and I think that takes a month or so to get that implemented. And then moving forward and trying to get the team prepared offensively, defensively. Trying to create the team's identity, create the programs identity. Think that probably encompasses more than 100 days.”

“Everyone is back that is not in the portal," Autry said. "We’re excited. We’re working hard, they’re showing up every day. Obviously, things can change at anytime but as of right now, we have everyone back that is supposed to be here. I think once you get your roster solidified, you really try to incorporate and build on the things you want your team to play and reflect. But it’s not always on the court, it’s off the court. You’re setting your standards, your values and the core, and I think that takes a month or so to get that implemented. And then moving forward and trying to get the team prepared offensively, defensively. Trying to create the team's identity, create the programs identity. Think that probably encompasses more than 100 days.”
Create the Programs Identity ?

Did not know Gmac's first name was "Gary". Learn something new every day here.

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by Parks and Recreation

No surprise on Judah. Even though he is physically going through draft process vs "being here" as Red said. I saw a kid who hated every loss with the fire of 1000 suns.

He will have lots of attention his way and a chance to play in a fully packed dome and against some of the best in the country right out of the gate. In year 2, officiating respect and more trips to the line. NIL of course too. So much to be had for him in a second year.

No surprise on Judah. Even though he is physically going through draft process vs "being here" as Red said. I saw a kid who hated every loss with the fire of 1000 suns.

He will have lots of attention his way and a chance to play in a fully packed dome and against some of the best in the country right out of the gate. In year 2, officiating respect and more trips to the line. NIL of course too. So much to be had for him in a second year.
I think Judah is a leader. I think he wants the NCAA tournament. He will come back VERY motivated.

I think Judah is a leader. I think he wants the NCAA tournament. He will come back VERY motivated.

Agreed. He is also very good as a point of attack defender in mtm. At Oak Hill it shows on tape and he also does a great job funneling the ball handler where he wants them to go. As much as we love his craftiness on offense it's what he can bring as the head of the snake on defense that excites me more. I really think he can be a major problem/disruptor for teams like Tyus Jones was at Duke. Not saying he is that good of a defender but he can be very good and tough to deal with.

Love the fire he showed at the end of the segment when the team was leaving FSU's court.
Red wants to win!

So did he confirm Jesse is back??

No, I am not 100% convinced that him saying “everyone who is supposed to be back is going to be here” includes Jesse. Is a 5th year senior “supposed to be back”? I don’t know..
I also don't think he addressed Judah. Yeah he's not in the portal but is still declared for draft unless I missed something. Is a player declared for the NBA Draft "supposed to be here"? Crossing my fingers because Judah back changes the team dramatically. I'd love another season with a guard that actually looks up court to push the ball. It was refreshing this year.

No, I am not 100% convinced that him saying “everyone who is supposed to be back is going to be here” includes Jesse. Is a 5th year senior “supposed to be back”? I don’t know..
People are going to hear what they want to hear. It's like Melo saying "Don't worry about next year" when asked if he was returning to SU after the NC game. Most took it to mean he was coming back. While not in the portal is a 5th yr sr really suppose to be back? Love to see it but I'll believe when Jesse confirms it.

If everyone (except Joe) returns our center should be dominant and our backcourt the equal of any in conference. Very athletic, tough on defense, capable in transition but still a threat in the half court to penetrate and score or kick to Jesse or Bell. That's the upside. The downside is not having enough rebounding or outside firepower to keep the middle open. Judah and JJ aren't sharpshooters. Also, while Bell put up 34.5% and Benny 39+% (good efficiency), their attempts were too low to give us the points we need. This is why Red might be looking in the portal for a three-level big guard/SF, a 6-5 to 6-7 scorer ala Brissett, who has range but can also drive and dunk. To me this is the missing piece we need to be a contender in the ACC.

Last edited:
Is anyone in the portal that we haven't realized yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom