Red MUST win a National Championship | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Red MUST win a National Championship

Nova has two titles within the past 7 years

UConn is about to get their 3rd within 12 years.

Yet so many here are content with Sweet 16’s and an occasional FF. That standard is exactly what led to JB staying on for a good 5 to 7 years too long.

If Red is on year 7 or 8 and we’re still a perennial bubble team then he’s not the guy. This is Syracuse basketball. Our expectations should be to put a team on the court that has the potential to win a National Championship each year. Red has to get us back to that level. If he does that than I believe the end result will be a NC.
Please read. I did say making the tourny while no longer being on the bubble is a goal AND I'll add even earlier than 7-8 years. 5 in my estimation. How many teams are perennial E8? S16 even. Even 4 seeds or higher! Lofty goals are nice but what is the reality?

Please read. I did say making the tourny while no longer being on the bubble is a goal AND I'll add even earlier than 7-8 years. 5 in my estimation. How many teams are perennial E8? S16 even. Even 4 seeds or higher! Lofty goals are nice but what is the reality?
I read your post. Comes off like you are fine with the occasional Sweet 16. My standards and expectations are higher.

Titles or bust.

No question the problem is the ACC! Where in the hell is this Chapel Hill place.....is that my neighborhood church that sits up on the hill? How about Durham or Rally. Who in the world wants to go to those places for a weekend away game trip??

I read your post. Comes off like you are fine with the occasional Sweet 16. My standards and expectations are higher.

Titles or bust.
Your standards are ridiculous. Syracuse has won 1 title since the tournament as we know it was instituted. Expecting a title every year isn’t fair for any team, let alone Syracuse.

Your standards are ridiculous. Syracuse has won 1 title since the tournament as we know it was instituted. Expecting a title every year isn’t fair for any team, let alone Syracuse.

There is no problem that should be the goal every year. As for minimum expectation- I would agree.

Where did I say I expect a title every year? I clearly stated the goal for Red is to win a title within the next 7 to 8 years. Reading comprehension must be difficult.

We were 100% not over matched against Mich. Anything but. Did you watch the game? Two suspect offensive foul calls went against us late in the game or we win that game. We lost by 5 pts? Plus, the Ville had just beat us in the Big East tournament and due in large part to Ware hurting us. He got hurt in the semi and wouldn't have been there.
I was at the game. We pretty much trailed from the get go, down by 11 at halftime. We made a bit of a 2nd half run to make it respectable in the end

I was at the game. We pretty much trailed from the get go, down by 11 at halftime. We made a bit of a 2nd half run to make it respectable in the end
“Respectable”? We were down by 1 with 40 seconds left.

Down by 2 with the ball and Triche should’ve been going to the line to try to tie it with 20 seconds left.

We lost.
Your original post said outclassed. It’s one of 6 teams in school history to win 30 games and it beat better competition in our region than UConn will this entire tournament.

Between the Hurley slobberfest and self loathing of years past just because we didn’t finish the deal in a single elimination tournament this place is tiring.

Stop. We were right there at the end. What are you talking about? We were down 2 with the ball with 19 seconds left. BT got a charge call that was at best a 50/50 call. I wanted him to pass to Southerland who finally had just hit a 3. Man. What is wrong with you? Made it respectable????? Not to mention the ridiculous charge on MCW a bit earlier

Stop. We were right there at the end. What are you talking about? We were down 2 with the ball with 19 seconds left. BT got a charge call that was at best a 50/50 call. I wanted him to pass to Southerland who finally had just hit a 3. Man. What is wrong with you? Made it respectable?????
Or if Tim Hardaway doesn’t make a great save of a bad pass that was heading out of bounds when we were trapping near half court, after we cut it to 1.

Or if Tim Hardaway doesn’t make a great save of a bad pass that was heading out of bounds when we were trapping near half court, after we cut it to 1.
Honestly, I can't believe we are having this conversation. Down 2 with the ball with 19 seconds left and we made it respectable but were outclassed? My cousin, not a Syracuse fan, called me that night and said the better team didn't win. Whatever. His opinion. But no fair person could watch that game and say we were out classed and made it respectable.

Red absolutely must do whatever it takes to win a National Championship within the next 7 to 8 years (ideally sooner). Program nearly died under Boeheim over the past decade. The standard must be National Championships and do whatever it takes to get it done. Watching UConn about to luck into another title is absolutely unacceptable.

Syracuse has to have a gut check and make the decision on what standard they want. It’s titles or bust.
Program was no were close to nearly dying stop with the nonsense.

The Michigan FF game was a more disappointing loss than the year before against Ohio State and the officiating was almost as bad. We had a legit chance to win in 2013 against a team we had already beat.

We were toast without Fab in 2012 with AD in front of us and we never got within striking distance of Ohio State in 2012 at all.

That’s why I’m concerned that bell is returning. Did red promise him minutes along with Taylor and Cope? These guys need to be 6-7/8th men at best.
It’s hard to run off guys you recruited.

Red absolutely must do whatever it takes to win a National Championship within the next 7 to 8 years (ideally sooner). Program nearly died under Boeheim over the past decade. The standard must be National Championships and do whatever it takes to get it done. Watching UConn about to luck into another title is absolutely unacceptable.

Syracuse has to have a gut check and make the decision on what standard they want. It’s titles or bust.
Long day of drinking?

No excuse we need to be contenders year in and year out. What does that mean? To me it means being a top 25 team yearly. No excuses. If you do that you will always feel like “we got a chance”. I haven’t felt like we have had a true chance to compete for a natty in a decade.
Lots of excuses. Old coach. Out of touch defense. Boring offense. Lackluster recruiting. Dragging feet on NIL.

Honestly, I can't believe we are having this conversation. Down 2 with the ball with 19 seconds left and we made it respectable but were outclassed? My cousin, not a Syracuse fan, called me that night and said the better team didn't win. Whatever. His opinion. But no fair person could watch that game and say we were out classed and made it respectable.
Outclassed? I never used that word.

Outclassed? I never used that word.
Okay. You said we made it respectable at the end. We were down only 2 with the ball with 19 seconds left. To say we made it respectable at the end is just wrong. And you know that. And you want to make a distinction between outclassed and over matched?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom