Red Presser 10AM Fri | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

Does Boeheim show up for it?
Depends what role Jim will play moving forward if he wanted something and it wasn't offered. If he left on bad terms, he can't be there. Assuming everything is hunky dory, I think he needs to be there to wish AA well and say his last goodbye. I'd let him introduce AA and throw his full support behind him.

Depends what role Jim will play moving forward if he wanted something and it wasn't offered. If he left on bad terms, he can't be there. Assuming everything is hunky dory, I think he needs to be there to wish AA well and say his last goodbye. I'd let him introduce AA and throw his full support behind him.
Seems like a no-brainer to keep him involved in a fundraising capacity. Of course that makes too much sense so they won't do it.

He ain’t playing any zone. Ever. Lot of full court press and man
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

He ain’t playing any zone. Ever. Lot of full court press and man
Knee-jerk overreactions to placate the fanbase is not a good thing, either. There may be a handful of matchups where falling back into a zone for a few possessions would catch someone off guard. Just sayin'.

Much more interested in whether he can upgrade the talent and retain Judah.

You think so? Does the school put him in front of a mic or just in the back?
There is no way JB trashes his legacy by not being at this Presser and showing his support for AA. I do not think he will speak because if he does all of the questions will be about him when the day should be all about AA.

Seems like a no-brainer to keep him involved in a fundraising capacity. Of course that makes too much sense so they won't do it.
I think he might have better options in the media than fundraising for SU. A role in the AD with input on hires is probably all hes interested in I doubt he wants to just shake hands and fundraise.

We know Gerry was JBs choice and SU said no. I can just imagine how JB might go off script in his introduction of Red…..no need to risk that public humiliation.

Let me ask this... was Red picked because he just happened to be the most experienced assistant coach on the bench? Or does Red have unique qualifications that would legitimately make him stand out in a national search? Even if he wouldn't be the #1 pick in a broader interview process, if he at least has some intangibles that the AD feels good about, combined with being an alum, that may be "good enough".

Someone with insider knowledge may be best able to answer these questions.

Another thing I hope to hear is a desire to return to up-tempo and fast break offense. It's been so long that even some of us old-timers have forgotten we used to play fast.
It's funny that announcers still reference Syracuse liking to run and fast break even though that hasn't been the style for decades now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom