Red's Gameplan/Adjustments | Syracusefan.com

Red's Gameplan/Adjustments

All American
Something I've been waiting to see during Red's evolution has a 1st time HC...

Impressive change to the offense vs NC. He went from a continuity offense used most of the season to the 4 out 1 in we saw last night. Spread the floor, much more ball movement, and down screening. Gave the guards more space. They even looked to take advantage of Brown sealing up on the interior. Created an interior scoring threat that we haven't had.

The other more subtle adjustment, but maybe just as important to the final outcome, was in the full court press break. Completely different look and run just about to perfection. Moving guys away from the baseline - often to mid court - gave them much more room to get open (desperately needed). Utilizing Brown as pressure relief and sending guys up the opposite sideline was textbook and took advantage of Brown's instincts.

Kudos Red and staff...

Something I've been waiting to see during Red's evolution has a 1st time HC...

Impressive change to the offense vs NC. He went from a continuity offense used most of the season to the 4 out 1 in we saw last night. Spread the floor, much more ball movement, and down screening. Gave the guards more space. They even looked to take advantage of Brown sealing up on the interior. Created an interior scoring threat that we haven't had.

The other more subtle adjustment, but maybe just as important to the final outcome, was in the full court press break. Completely different look and run just about to perfection. Moving guys away from the baseline - often to mid court - gave them much more room to get open (desperately needed). Utilizing Brown as pressure relief and sending guys up the opposite sideline was textbook and took advantage of Brown's instincts.

Kudos Red and staff...
I thought last night was excellent. They have used Brown in Pick and roll and pick and pop stuff this year with alot of success but they usually get away from it.. It seems that Q and Maliq had that down, but it was limited with other guards.. Last night a couple new things happened that helped a lot.. Brown popped on offense and hit 2 threes and they also used Judah in the screen action out top.. With the ability of our guards to get down hill they had to hard hedge and blitz our guards some.. This left Brown open to make plays and he is a very good passer to shooters. .. I hope they use this High ball screen action alot more rather that just letting the guards get downhill off the motion offense.. With Brown making plays and shooting it, the Screen action fits our personnel a lot and its also very NBAish offense which payers will like

The fact that we can get the ball inbounds on pressure (and honestly NC didn't seem that committed to the press) is a nice change from previous years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom