Reid, Crennell, Lovie already shitcanned... | Syracusefan.com

Reid, Crennell, Lovie already shitcanned...

Jake

Mod
Hold onto your hats. Marrones name will sure to surface somewhere. Gotta figure gailey and others will also get punk slipped...

I honestly don't think Marrone is ready for an NFL gig just yet. If the program continues on the uptick over the next 2 years I think his name will start getting serious NFL pub after the 2014 year. Until then his name might be mentioned, but not particularly seriously.

Here's what I hope takes place:
  • Marrone's name sufaces
  • He actually meets with a team that pulls out
  • He uses his moment to hold SU hostage per se, getting the University to make tangible commitments to salaries (including his), facilities, etc.
  • He stays
This would be the best thing for the program. The NFL validates Marrone as a strong coach and he uses that to enhance the future of the football program. Would be a great CEO move on his part.

I'd love to have Marrone do that Madny and use this to SU's advantage.

Marrone was on lists as an nfl head coach 4 years ago, he could have one of these openings if he sought it out. I don't think he will leave this year probably in 2-3 years. If I were him I would leave ASAP. Syracuse does not support big time college football anymore as indicated by dome attendance. This job isn't what Doug thought it would be, it isn't 1989...

The attendance next year will suck once again...

Here's what I hope takes place:
  • Marrone's name sufaces
  • He actually meets with a team that pulls out
  • He uses his moment to hold SU hostage per se, getting the University to make tangible commitments to salaries (including his), facilities, etc.
  • He stays
This would be the best thing for the program. The NFL validates Marrone as a strong coach and he uses that to enhance the future of the football program. Would be a great CEO move on his part.

I still don't think something with Marrone being a "serious" candidate occurs for a year or two, which is when I expect your scenario to play put. It would be stellar to see it happen now, because it would be critical for us returning to being a consistent program at the top. But I just don't think we are ready for that just yet...

I believe he was on the list at Indy when dingy stepped down, and when Indy fired that dude last year...polian liked him a lot as did irsay

Marrone was on lists as an nfl head coach 4 years ago, he could have one of these openings if he sought it out. I don't think he will leave this year probably in 2-3 years. If I were him I would leave ASAP. Syracuse does not support big time college football anymore as indicated by dome attendance. This job isn't what Doug thought it would be, it isn't 1989...

Things will change as the team improves. You forget how awful the product on the field was for years. It takes time to change that mind set and i think that is now happening. Going to the ACC and playing teams with bigger reputations will put more people in stands gauranteed.

Put a big winner out there and syracuse will pack the dome. When is the last time people went to the dome expecting to see winning and entertaining football?

I wish somebody would offer me the San Diego job, once Turner is fired.

I am not one bit concerned about HCDM jumping to the NFL at this time. Down the road, perhaps. But not yet. I am concerned about the trickle down effect of coaching changes, however. Some college coach jumps to the NFL and the new guy has to fill a staff, and goes after Schafer or Wheatly. I know you lose assistants. All good programs do. Just hate to see it, and it will happen.

I am normally pretty pessismistic regarding attendance for football but for next season, I think we might see a significant increase in attendance.

When trying to sell season tickets, there is a huge difference selling a team that lost its last 5 games versus a team that won 6 of its last 7. Especially when the team has one of the most high scoring, fast paced and entertaining offenses in the country. Add in the newness that comes with playing in the ACC for the first time (don't think it will make a huge impact but it should help) and I think we sell 2 or 4 thousand extra season tickets right off the bat. If we beat Penn State in the opener, as I think we might, and if we have a decent season, which I think we might, we might end up averaging 43 or 44K. Regardless, I think we increase attendance by a couple of thousands per game.

It could be better, it should be better but it is going to take a few years of sustained winning and entertaining football before we start getting sellouts again.

Just like for anyone evaluating an NFL job, it's all about the QB. Many of these openings are with teams that need QB help, and there isn't a lot of that out there this year. Unless Doug wants to tie himself Nassib as a draft pick, I think he's best to use the NFL talk as leverage with SU.

If he can keep up the trajectory of this program, he could be a top candidate for either NY pro job in the next year or so.

I honestly don't think Marrone is ready for an NFL gig just yet. If the program continues on the uptick over the next 2 years I think his name will start getting serious NFL pub after the 2014 year. Until then his name might be mentioned, but not particularly seriously.

And Schiano was ready based on one good season and a huge list of What defeats?

I hope he doesn't leave ... but never bet against the stupidity of NFL owners and their willingness to take a chance on what appears to be a good candidate.

And Schiano was ready based on one good season and a huge list of What defeats?

I hope he doesn't leave ... but never bet against the stupidity of NFL owners and their willingness to take a chance on what appears to be a good candidate.
Schiano wasn't ready. Next year TB will come back to being a 5-11 team as Freeman falls apart further, despite a ton of money being spent to provide him a good list of offensive weapons to work with. Schiano will be out on his ass after year 3

I am normally pretty pessismistic regarding attendance for football but for next season, I think we might see a significant increase in attendance.

When trying to sell season tickets, there is a huge difference selling a team that lost its last 5 games versus a team that won 6 of its last 7. Especially when the team has one of the most high scoring, fast paced and entertaining offenses in the country. Add in the newness that comes with playing in the ACC for the first time (don't think it will make a huge impact but it should help) and I think we sell 2 or 4 thousand extra season tickets right off the bat. If we beat Penn State in the opener, as I think we might, and if we have a decent season, which I think we might, we might end up averaging 43 or 44K. Regardless, I think we increase attendance by a couple of thousands per game.

It could be better, it should be better but it is going to take a few years of sustained winning and entertaining football before we start getting sellouts again.
i agree with this. i would be surprised if we dont average around 41-43 next year (thats announced not butts in seats). like you said, combine the team coming off a winning record and a season which showcased a high powered offense will help. the big thing i think will be the name recognition of some of the teams potentially coming in. casual fans will know of florida state or clemson and will come out i think to see them live and that should generate higher attendance

Schiano wasn't ready. Next year TB will come back to being a 5-11 team as Freeman falls apart further, despite a ton of money being spent to provide him a good list of offensive weapons to work with. Schiano will be out on his ass after year 3

Actually that proves the point I was (too subtly) trying to make.

HCDM may not be ready ... but that doesn't mean he won't be considered, interviewed or even offered an NFL head coaching job.

It's a crazy world.

Agree with most of that. I also don't think the ACC schedule will be a huge boost, some but not a lot and only because I'd the newness. The only 2 things that increase attendance are winning and marquee games. We are beginning to win but if the plan holds to put the marquee OOC games in NJ, the attendance here takes a hit. People keep poo pooing that, but it is fact.

I also bet many of the people who complain about attendance don't go to as many games as they could.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Our 4 seats are always used and have been for years...just wanted to get that attendance thing out there because I complain a lot about it!

Hold onto your hats. Marrones name will sure to surface somewhere. Gotta figure gailey and others will also get punk slipped...

There will be fewer true openings this year in the NFL than we might think. Going by how NFL GMs operate, I have no doubt that someone will hire Andy Reid (Buffalo?) and someone will hire Lovie on the rebound.

Lovie will have a job by the end of the day today. Geez the guy was 10-6 and loved by his players. Unbelievable.

If I were him I would leave ASAP. Syracuse does not support big time college football anymore as indicated by dome attendance. This job isn't what Doug thought it would be, it isn't 1989...

That's the spirit...

Seriously, What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom