Religous Nutjobs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Religous Nutjobs

As I tell my kids, just ignore someone if what they say bothers you. Is it that hard?

This past summer at brew fest they were on opposite street corners yelling at the people waiting in line to get in. Needless to say, they got a reaction back from everyone waiting in line for 45 minutes

I thought this thread was going to be about Providence College's influence over the direction the Big East Conference is taking.

As I tell my kids, just ignore someone if what they say bothers you. Is it that hard?
You cant ignore these guys. They a shouting non-stop into a megaphone right next to your head. You literally cannot have a convo with the person next to you. Its completely disruptive.

One thing that really bugs me about them is that they assume you aren't religious. They assume everybody's going to hell but them.
What bugs me is that they believe every unbelievable thing written in a book that was written over a thousand years ago that has been altered and re-translated dozens of times. If you're a spiritual person that's one thing, but to so blindly believe a religion based on an ancient book is just being gullible. So stupid how they attach the incentive/threat of heaven/hell onto worshiping their god, but you're only supposed to realize this by someone else telling you. I don't know about you, but if I were a god I wouldn't want my creations to be mindless gullible idiots that can't think for themselves and who don't bother seeking truth themselves.

But these guys don't bother me more than any other sheepnut who sits quietly in his home believing the same things. They have every right to embarrass and make a fool out of their religion in public. Actually, I find it quite impressive how they can manage to shout for as long as they do and rant continuously without pause. One of these days I'm going to catch them in their own moment of doubt, and what a glorious day that shall be.

Why do those religous nutjobs think that it's a good idea to harrass the fans walking up the hill to an SU game?

:crazy:
Relax. It's part of the atmosphere. Kind of fun. Sort of like the guitar player.

I believe those who preach your going to hell are being tricked by a great hidden truth they can't see.
Just my two cents if they can preach it so can we :)

The same reason members of the Westboro Baptist Church picket the funerals of our servicemen (and women).
Street corner religious zealots have been around forever. Ironically, their approach is so offensive that it elicits the complete opposite of the desired effect.

Why do those religous nutjobs think that it's a good idea to harrass the fans walking up the hill to an SU game?

:crazy:

It used to be much worse years ago in airports. Every group known to man would harass you

Public solicitation is annoying but they are at least in a public place.

The ones who come to my door are much more annoying to me personally. They aren't aggressive and in their mind they "mean well", but they have no interest or respect for my beliefs. They only want to convince me to believe as they do.

Why is it that the best public speakers are always these cultist religious types?

I firmly believe that if the world was Agnostic, this would be a far better place to live

Several years ago we were tailgating in the Women's Building lot & a group of Jehovah's Witness approached us. My friend, who believes there's a higher power but that "organized religion" is the cause of most of the world's problems, had some choice words for them. They quietly turned & walked away & we never saw them after that. To be honest, I kind of felt bad for them, but that's what happens when you approach a group where heavy drinking is in full force.

The building behind them religious crazies - shows a quote in the windows as you walk past them. Maybe the Maxwell building?

Something like ...

"prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people"

No idea where they got that quote but it applies. ;-)

I prefer to think of those kind of people as mentally disturbed. The ranters going to hell types are probably suffering from schizophrenia.

Everything is the president's fault. When Bush was president, everything was his fault. When Clinton was president, everything was his fault. When Daddy Bush was president...well, you get the idea. Obama just needs to suck it up and deal with it. Everything is his fault until a new president is sworn in, at which time we will all blame the new president for everything. We are AMERICANS, it is our God given right to blame the president!

The problem is, though, that Obama still thinks everything in W's fault. Does he even realize he's President and that the buck stops with him?

As for the religious freaks on the hill, gladly take his pamphlet and then put your lighter too it right in front of him. Tell him you're unleashing the fiery power of hell upon him and curse him a Hoyas fan.

I love it when the Jesus-lover freaks come to my front door...I quickly change into my wife-beater and boxer shorts and invite them in for conversation. I even offer them coffee. Ha Ha!!

As the all-wise George Carlin once said...the 11th commandment should read "Thou shall keep thy religion to thy self."

Walking up to the Dome for the Wake Forest game, about 10 of my friends and I started a "LET'S GO, JESUS! clap-clap, clap-clap-clap" chant and all tried to high-five Megaphone Guy as we walked by him.

Needless to say, that completely confused him and he was quiet for about 30 seconds.

Eli the Guitar Player, if you're reading this, I apologize for AccuRater comparing you to Religious Megaphone Guy. You're 100x cooler.

;)
Is that the guy that stands near the dome with his guitar and can't play a lick? I love that guy lol.

Is that the guy that stands near the dome with his guitar and can't play a lick? I love that guy lol.

Yes - short, friendly African-American guy. Come on, he's not that bad!

I love it when the Jesus-lover freaks come to my front door...I quickly change into my wife-beater and boxer shorts and invite them in for conversation. I even offer them coffee. Ha Ha!!

As the all-wise George Carlin once said...the 11th commandment should read "Thou shall keep thy religion to thy self."

A guy I know once got a visit from one of these groups at like 8 AM on a Saturday morning. He was so angry at the hour they chose to visit that he decided to answer the door completely naked. They promptly turned around and left without saying a word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom