REMEMBER THE NEW STADIUM? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

REMEMBER THE NEW STADIUM?

Screw it! Just ask the Oneidas to build a new stadium at Turning Stone. Problem solved. Next! :p

to far away. but howe about the entire confederation of natives fund a stadium on say Onondaga Lake - take the naming rights and all their kids for a hundred generations could get free admission to Syracuse U (or any state school) if they want. maybe? :noidea:

Keep in mind that giving Syracuse a hand-out for infrastructure would set a precedent for every city and town in the state to ask for money and promote fiscal irresponsibility. Not the message that the state will want to send.

Haha. Now that was funny! Fiscal irresponsibility should be the NY State motto.

Keep in mind that giving Syracuse a hand-out for infrastructure would set a precedent for every city and town in the state to ask for money and promote fiscal irresponsibility. Not the message that the state will want to send.

handouts for infrastructure (the things the government should do) would promote fiscal irresponsibility

we need to make handouts stupid and unnecessary on purpose so that cities and towns don't ask for it

that's interesting!

we should stop calling it state aid. that implies that it aids something.

(i'd rather not do the handouts at all of course)

Millhouse said:
i'm not sure what you're referring to when you say the opposite effect

Hard to be a political winner if it's hard to explain.

Wow, your delusions know no bounds. This is why it is pointless to argue with someone like you...
drive by it sometime. talk to people around here. they'll tell you it's a new exit and not an interstate reconstruction

you really want a new stadium, i get it. it's ok

handouts for infrastructure (the things the government should do) would promote fiscal irresponsibility

we need to make handouts stupid and unnecessary on purpose so that cities and towns don't ask for it

that's interesting!

we should stop calling it state aid. that implies that it aids something.

(i'd rather not do the handouts at all of course)

This is Millhouse's standard response when he can't come up with anything.

"Deflect, deflect...deflect, deflect, deflect...is that a rabbit over there...deflect, deflect, deflect...You're wrong, I'm right and smarter than you...deflect, deflect, deflect...I don't really have anything...I will finish with...fungible, thank you"

Whenever I post something that he does not agree with, I am going to respond to my own self with the above stament and frustrate myself. It's like arguing with one of my brothers.

Yes, I said "my own self".

I'd be in favor of a new stadium if it were clearly something better than what we've got. The proposal to build a smaller stadium down the hill with no parking around it was not better. What Orangeyes was talking about sounds clearly better, if it could be done.

so it is sounding like the land owned by COR near Destiny is now the location being discussed for a potential --- ahead of the other COR land previously released by the paper.