Remember when I said the coaching staff | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Remember when I said the coaching staff

Some of these kids are just delusional. TR is no way an NBA Or even Euro league player right now. Can't see him being asked to leave. He's a good kid, never in any trouble. Plus we have no depth as it is. Moyer is the only forward backup to TR and Lydon next year.
JB just trying to light a fire under TR to play harder.

This.

We've seen what he can do when fully engaged.
It's just that he hasn't been since the Duke game. And it has hurt us, badly.

IF he's not pulling down 8-10+ boards in a game, then he should be sitting, since that's his only true benefit to the team.
His D is just ok, and FT shooting atrocious.
He has a sporadic (at best) mid-range game, and zero outside game.

Don't know why he'd be "asked" to leave instead of Chinoso.

So if this is the case... wouldn't TR be doing everything he could to impress and up his stock - rather than checking out for multiple games in a row? Just seems like a an odd situation - what pro team (anywhere in the world) would want him based on how he disappears more than he performs well?

Maybe he knows he can't make it in the NBA is perfectly content with going overseas to make decent money. If that is truly the case--he gone
Exactly, if he has pro aspirations, it has nothing to do w nba imo

The big difference between Joseph and Roberson is we don't have anyone to replace Roberson. Roberson career reminds me of James Southerland: Moments of brilliance followed by lots of frustrating games. My hope is Roberson puts it all together for his senior year and gets rewarded. If he declares to enter the NBA in my mind it will be like Paul Harris declaring. My brain went WHAT?
Mal and Moyer are both probably better all around, more impactful forwards. Obviously i am purely speculating on Moyer, but Mal clearly this year has more impact as a frwd and it might not even be his natural position.

That would be outrageous. He's an undersized "big man" for the nba game so he'd probably have to play the 3...and he has no 3 skill-set whatsoever for the league.
Exactly right.
He can be a VERY good college player.
He may have a shot to play overseas...but even there he's a "tweener" with no real offensive skills away from the basket.
Far better recent SU players (CJ & Rak) haven't been able to make the big jump from being excellent college players to the NBA

re watching that presser this morning makes me even angrier. not once does JB own up to even one scintilla of guilt himself for the loss. instead he just blames his players. basically saying "we can't make shots and roberson blows"
So if JB says: we missed shots and TRob did nothing. Is he wrong? I thought JB coached lousy during wiscy game ( he went to a super small lineup i think w KJ and TL that he has never used since and then they killed us on the boards) but not sure what he could have done different in this game. When TL and TR were doung nothing on boards he yanked TR , put DC in which helped on boards but Pitt hit shots and Mal and TC shot like they were blind. Whats a coach to do?

Devil's advocate here- you are a family member/friend/future agent of Roberson, and you look to 16-17 when SU will have Lydon, Richardson, Moyer, and maybe Thompson available for minutes at the 3/4. (It's a stretch, but DC could possible play the 4 next to Chukwu against big teams). You know Tyler's offensive game is limited, his "motor" is off and on, and his HC will have other options to use, maybe you think his value isn't going to improve so you start filling him with the thoughts of turning pro? Is it the best move, probably not, but we've seen it before, and we will certainly see it again.

This is one of the things in this post that makes the most sense. We know Thompson won't come here next year if he won't get minutes. JAB is recruiting other 4's but he really wants Thompson. Maybe it does come down to Roberson or Thompson. I guess it's anyone's guess at this point.

" Whats a coach to do?"

accept the blame for the loss and move on. no need to throw your own players under the bus ever.
Agreed, should have been dealt w purely in private. I cant really blame JB for that loss but i guess thats not your point

The issue is that Mali should be a 2, not a 3.
Agreed but my point is i dont think TR is nec irreplaceable...

Edit A lineup of Howard, Battle, Mal, Lydon, Paschal is probably not all that bad...

Or a lineup of Battle or Howard, Mal, Moyer, Lydon, Paschal

Last edited:
slacker.
tyler-roberson-with-stichesjpg-a0edae216e41b7b3.jpg

and you're welcome for the duke win.

APR. He helped us get Chukwu.

How does it help the APR if either one of them leave?

So Chukwu wouldn't have come here without Chin? Come on.

Not just you but so many others around hear one little thing about a story and just run with it like its the whole story.

well i'm not quite sure of the exact poker value here but 4 boards in 10 fewer minutes probably beats one early trey if you're grading out. but i would certainly be here making the exact same case had the coach trashed golden boy by name post game. that shouldn't happen to any of our players.

Last edited:
How does it help the APR if either one of them leave?

So Chukwu wouldn't have come here without Chin? Come on.

Not just you but so many others around hear one little thing about a story and just run with it like its the whole story.

I'm just repeating what Jake posted.

He's right most of the time fwiw.

MAYBE THE COACH COULD DRAW UP PLAYS THAT GET US OPEN SHOTS

MAYBE THE COACH COULD DRAW UP PLAYS THAT GET US OPEN SHOTS
Great idea. You should ask JB about this on his radio show next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom