Retro Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Retro Bowl

Day2

Living Legend
I know OrangeDW and OttoinGrotto play this, maybe some others. Has anyone thrown 50 TDs in a season? I just did and didn’t get credit for the achievement. What gives?

Never mind, got credit for it after my first playoff game.

So I guess we can use the thread to talk about how fun this game is.

The $0.99 upgrade is well worth it. I’ve turned it into a College Football game now.

3F755383-EADD-4CB6-B05A-FBF3AA5894A5.png

I've been playing this way too much, but thanks to some cap management, solid drafting, player development, and getting the talent boost coach, I've got a 5 star QB, 5 star running back, 2 5 star TEs, and a 5 star wideout. The other wideout is a 4 star with the lethal speed/stamina combo.

Needless to say, I score points.

I've been playing this way too much, but thanks to some cap management, solid drafting, player development, and getting the talent boost coach, I've got a 5 star QB, 5 star running back, 2 5 star TEs, and a 5 star wideout. The other wideout is a 4 star with the lethal speed/stamina combo.

Two TEs?

Btw, has anyone had any success with offensive lineman? What exactly do they do?

Does that open up new plays then?
I don't think so. It just means every play you've got big time players to throw to.

I don't think so. It just means every play you've got big time players to throw to.
I don’t recall ever seeing two TEs on the field at once.

That's never been an issue for me.

Does it make your running game way better?
Having an OL helps more during the early years. Better running game and added protection for your QB.

At this point, I’ll either carry an OL or have two stars at every defensive position.

I don’t recall ever seeing two TEs on the field at once.
Ok it must open up new plays then, because they definitely both go out on routes sometimes.

That’s legit. I managed to have a 5 star QB, RB, WR, and one TE. Enjoyed it while it lasted easily won a SB, but flat out couldn’t keep them all the next year.

One year I went 16-0 and won the SB by saving money with a nobody QB and WRs and only running the ball basically every single play, and loading up the defense. But that wasn’t as fun, because you don’t actually get to use or see the defense.

That’s legit. I managed to have a 5 star QB, RB, WR, and one TE. Enjoyed it while it lasted easily won a SB, but flat out couldn’t keep them all the next year.

One year I went 16-0 and won the SB by saving money with a nobody QB and WRs and only running the ball basically every single play, and loading up the defense. But that wasn’t as fun, because you don’t actually get to use or see the defense.
I always re-sign my RB and WR1. The QB depends on how much he wants, because there’s usually a FA you can get for less. I let my TE and WR2 walk, then draft their replacements.

I always re-sign my RB and WR1. The QB depends on how much he wants, because there’s usually a FA you can get for less. I let my TE and WR2 walk, then draft their replacements.
That has generally been my strategy too. Yeah, QB’s get way too expensive. My WR - I’ve probably had for 9-10 years now.

That has generally been my strategy too. Yeah, QB’s get way too expensive. My WR - I’ve probably had for 9-10 years now.
He’s about to literally lose a step.

I had a veteran QB when I switched teams and he cut me a break when it was time for him to re-sign. Just kept signing one-year deals in the high teens until he retired.

You guys ever pull the "trade a dude for a draft pick before he hits FA and you won't be able to afford him" move and just ride weak for a little while at a position? I do that some times.

He’s about to literally lose a step.

I had a veteran QB when I switched teams and he cut me a break when it was time for him to re-sign. Just kept signing one-year deals in the high teens until he retired.
Haha, yeah I was thinking I might trade him soon before he falls off. He’s 30, and nobody catches him in the open field but I’m thinking he’s gotta start declining soon.

Haha, yeah I was thinking I might trade him soon before he falls off. He’s 30, and nobody catches him in the open field but I’m thinking he’s gotta start declining soon.
He totally will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom