Retro Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Retro Bowl

You guys ever pull the "trade a dude for a draft pick before he hits FA and you won't be able to afford him" move and just ride weak for a little while at a position? I do that some times.
Yes. I’ve tanked a season too, when I was bored with my team and needing to retool. Just chucked interceptions everywhere to make sure I got high draft picks. CuseRunner would’ve been proud.

Yes. I’ve tanked a season too, when I was bored with my team and needing to retool. Just chucked interceptions everywhere to make sure I got high draft picks. CuseRunner would’ve been proud.
I had no idea that would make a difference.

You guys ever pull the "trade a dude for a draft pick before he hits FA and you won't be able to afford him" move and just ride weak for a little while at a position? I do that some times.
I did that with a kicker once and got a first rounder in return.

I had no idea that would make a difference.
Well, I mean I was ensuring losses and throwing picks was the easiest way.

I think I traded my 5 star $30 million RB for a first rounder, and was able to both draft a replacement stud RB who would soon become 5 stars, and a stud WR, while freeing up money to sign a good QB.

Current strategy:

-Employ 5 defenders that will give me a 5 star defense. I can’t play and control the defense. There’s nothing worse than when the cpu just lights up your defense while you can’t do a thing about it. A good defense will even get some turnovers too.

- Cheap TE. Like, 3rd round pick cheap. They will all catch those certain routes that are wide open every time just the same, and break a tackle or two just the same. I can put up 1,000 yard seasons with a scrub TE.

- I can get buy with 2-3 star WRs. I prefer one burner and one with hands. You’re not going to get both without paying for it.

- I pay up for a stud RB. Weirdly, I’ve had some high rated RB’s suck. Fumble often, never break a big run, etc. Gotta find the right one.

- I draft an accurate QB with potential to build arm strength, and once he gets into the $18-20 million stage I just keep extending his contract one year at a time. It costs a lot of coaching credits, but I’m getting a $30-$40 million type player for $20.

Current strategy:

-Employ 5 defenders that will give me a 5 star defense. I can’t play and control the defense. There’s nothing worse than when the cpu just lights up your defense while you can’t do a thing about it. A good defense will even get some turnovers too.

- Cheap TE. Like, 3rd round pick cheap. They will all catch those certain routes that are wide open every time just the same, and break a tackle or two just the same. I can put up 1,000 yard seasons with a scrub TE.

- I can get buy with 2-3 star WRs. I prefer one burner and one with hands. You’re not going to get both without paying for it.

- I pay up for a stud RB. Weirdly, I’ve had some high rated RB’s suck. Fumble often, never break a big run, etc. Gotta find the right one.

- I draft an accurate QB with potential to build arm strength, and once he gets into the $18-20 million stage I just keep extending his contract one year at a time. It costs a lot of coaching credits, but I’m getting a $30-$40 million type player for $20.
I have a similar strategy, although I go big on the receivers and kinda do whatever at running back.

I have a similar strategy, although I go big on the receivers and kinda do whatever at running back.
I’ve done that too. Those stud WRs are certainly a lot of fun. Makes the offense more boom or bust though, for me.

For awhile I lucked into a 3 star young RB who played way above his rating, and had two star WRs who were young and not overpaid yet. That eventually became hard to keep money wise though.

“Footage has surfaced of your Tight End and a glamour model dressed as a Detroit cheerleader.”

LMAO!!! Someone had some fun writing some of these things. And you’re darn right that I declined to fine him.

I think I meant, tarnation. Either way, I feel like I've been living under a rock. I don't need anymore distractions from work, but here we go anyway

Just started playing today. Got houston in my first season and went 10-7 to win the AFC south. Got a development DB paired with a 4 1/2 star DB with 3-4 star offensive players. Hoping to make a run in the playoffs but overall just glad to make it there

I downloaded Retro Goal last night. I hate soccer but soccer video games are fun.

It's really good, but expect to pay $10 for coach credits. Gets next to impossible to field a team with any legitimate talent until you get a big pot of cash, and you won't accumulate enough on your own like you can in Retro Bowl.

I downloaded Retro Goal last night. I hate soccer but soccer video games are fun.

It's really good, but expect to pay $10 for coach credits. Gets next to impossible to field a team with any legitimate talent until you get a big pot of cash, and you won't accumulate enough on your own like you can in Retro Bowl.
That’s funny, I started playing yesterday as well.

Did y'all know there's a college retro bowl now? Just saw it in the Google Play Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom