Jamie Trimboli :)
Danny Varello :)

Not returning
Andrew Helmer
Willie Klan ?
Nick Mellen :oops:
Jake Nelson ?

Last edited:
To be clear, the article says he hopes to return but is subject to financial aid etc. Since the aid situation has not been settled as far as we know, he is not a definite returnee at this point...

Despite blanket Waiver ,,,ACC has no money and Cuse needs to come up with it...may see 1 or 2 guys return...possibly 3...could be wrong, but would be surprised to see more than that

Anyone have any idea what factors would weigh--pro vs con (money, pro prospects, educational goals, etc)--on Porter's decision to stay or leave?

Anyone have any idea what factors would weigh--pro vs con (money, pro prospects, educational goals, etc)--on Porter's decision to stay or leave?

I'm sure most of the seniors who were starters would love to come back to have another shot at making championship weekend. Porter was only in his 2nd season as starter. Money and educational options are probably the biggest issues for most players and their parents. Going to grad school is not for everyone but may be a smart decision in an uncertain job market. Unless you are a Sowers, Ament or Teat type player, pro prospects are by no means a slam dunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
1586824271571.png

I'm sure most of the seniors who were starters would love to come back to have another shot at making championship weekend. Porter was only in his 2nd season as starter. Money and educational options are probably the biggest issues for most players and their parents. Going to grad school is not for everyone but may be a smart decision in an uncertain job market. Unless you are a Sowers, Ament or Teat type player, pro prospects are by no means a slam dunk.
Good points, especially about the job market. It's not clear how quickly the economy is going to recover from the Novel Coronavirus mess, but it's unlikely to happen before the summer is over.

Mellen’s career went by in the blink of an eye I almost can’t remember it.

Last edited:
Nelson is in the transfer portal.
Klan & Helmer not returning, from what I've been told
I think Nelson has already been to 3 schools, including cuse.

Nelson is in the transfer portal.
Klan & Helmer not returning, from what I've been told

Not surprised about Nelson, good player who never seemed to find the right school. Thought he showed some skills but its a big hill to get regular playing time at attack here. I think he might also be the first D1 guy to play for 4 D1 schools, crazy. Best of luck to him.

Not a men's lacrosse player, but according to Chris Jastrezembrki this is a good sign for SU 5th years.

Good news. I also believe Laxitively or another poster indicated in the transfer thread that SU would be welcoming back their 5th year guys but no 5th year transfers.

Jeremy are you referring to the below quote -

No good for Sowers - only offered to current SU senior undergrads

My understanding is the tuition deal would only be available for current SU seniors, but I don't think they are saying no admission to outside fifth year players. So a Sowers or Griffin Brown would still be welcomed by the team, but they couldn't get the half-off deal on tuition. Apologies if I missed something.

Jeremy are you referring to the below quote -

My understanding is the tuition deal would only be available for current SU seniors, but I don't think they are saying no admission to outside fifth year players. So a Sowers or Griffin Brown would still be welcomed by the team, but they couldn't get the half-off deal on tuition. Apologies if I missed something.

Oops yup I think your right on that, so many moving parts I am starting to cross lines here. Still seems like Sowers is a bridge to far at this point but would be nice to bring in another 5th year guy the staff really likes especially a close D or LSM guy.