Rice fired! | Syracusefan.com

Rice fired!

Rutgers in a world wind of suck!

There aren't many reasonable adults that could watch those films, knowing this is only a small sampling of what went on, and not think that Rice should have been fired on the spot.

Pernetti is next. You can't condone video evidence of physical abuse, degradation, and homophobic slurs by calling it a "first offense." The pressure to hold Pernetti accountable will be intense.

There aren't many reasonable adults that could watch those films, knowing this is only a small sampling of what went on, and not think that Rice should have been fired on the spot.

Pernetti is next. You can't condone video evidence of physical abuse, degradation, and homophobic slurs by calling it a "first offense." The pressure to hold Pernetti accountable will be intense.

boeheim could fire horse tranquilizer darts into players necks for missed free throws and I'd be tempted to cover it up but what selfish reason could there be for looking the other way for a coach as sh!tty as rice? he's terrible even if you ignore that he's a horrible ahole

Rutgers new byline:

"We abuse and insult our players and still suck at everything. Come to Rutgers and lose !"

boeheim could fire horse tranquilizer darts into players necks for missed free throws and I'd be tempted to cover it up but what selfish reason could there be for looking the other way for a coach as sh!tty as rice? he's terrible even if you ignore that he's a horrible ahole

I am more stunned by the fact that Pernetti, who always presents as articulate, intelligent, and well measured, would go on national tv and try to defend his response to the evidence that he had.

Rice obviously has deep seated issues.

Unless there is more to the story, I don't think Pernetti can survive this lack of judgement. Rutgers needs to distance itself as fast as possible from what his lack of action implies.

who is going to hire this guy? he needs plastic surgery and a name change. i dont see redemtion in this case, which is sad to say.

Well, the difference is tranquilizers wouldn't help them make free throws. Boeheim might not be above electric shocks or some kind of skinner box stuff though.

Of course, we know we're clean here because we habitually struggle with free throws.

who is going to hire this guy? he needs plastic surgery and a name change. i dont see redemtion in this case, which is sad to say.
Well...Rutgers hired him.
Are we supposed to believe that Rice suddenly developed this demeanor at Rutgers?
That it wasn't going on at Robert Morris?

Rutgers had to know his style.
If Pernetti didn't he should be fired for that failure to do due diligence alone.

I don't see how he survives.
And this may wind up getting all the way up the RU food chain.

Rutgers in a world wind of suck!
And this is something new? They haven't been relevant in basketball for a generation.

Well...Rutgers hired him.
Are we supposed to believe that Rice suddenly developed this demeanor at Rutgers?
That it wasn't going on at Robert Morris?

Rutgers had to know his style.
If Pernetti didn't he should be fired for that failure to do due diligence alone.

I don't see how he survives.
And this may wind up getting all the way up the RU food chain.

really? so the tape changes nothing? :crazy:

In other news, the Big 10 and the America 12 are now arguing over who has to take Rutgers.

only because the NAIA denied their application as well. Would love to see them stuck as an independant in hoops. they could then epitomize the team in the BWW commercial when they announce there will be 256 teams..

I would presume this would give any players who want to transfer the ability to do so without delay. Is there even one player worthy of a bench spot for us? I don't care for Carter or Mack much but they can shoot..

Hey at least he didn't make them run naked wind sprints!!

I wonder if all of this news saves that Pac 12 head of officiating's job. Haven't heard much about that since this video came out. He should be fired as well of course.

The Rutgers' Prez really comes off badly in this. From this Washington Post report:

"The roughly 40-minutes of footage, which Pernetti and Rutgers President Robert L. Barchi saw in December, was obtained from Eric Murdock, a former assistant with the team. ESPN says it has hundreds of hours of other tape of Rice from his three seasons at the school."

"“Yesterday, I personally reviewed the video evidence, which shows a chronic and pervasive pattern of disturbing behavior. I have now reached the conclusion that Coach Rice cannot continue to serve effectively in a position that demands the highest levels of leadership, responsibility and public accountability. He cannot continue to coach at Rutgers University. Therefore, Tim Pernetti and I have jointly decided to terminate Mike Rice’s employment at Rutgers.”

Got that? He and Pernetti watch the tape in December and came to one conclusion. They watched the tape again yesterday and came to a different conclusion.

I grant you that Barchi was playing a bad hand, but he was the dealer.

AD made horrible decision a few months ago- wouldn't be surprised to see him go. He saw the video and thought 3 games off was fair. Now it's fireable? Hmmmm

The Rutgers' Prez really comes off badly in this. From this Washington Post report:

"The roughly 40-minutes of footage, which Pernetti and Rutgers President Robert L. Barchi saw in December, was obtained from Eric Murdock, a former assistant with the team. ESPN says it has hundreds of hours of other tape of Rice from his three seasons at the school."

"“Yesterday, I personally reviewed the video evidence, which shows a chronic and pervasive pattern of disturbing behavior. I have now reached the conclusion that Coach Rice cannot continue to serve effectively in a position that demands the highest levels of leadership, responsibility and public accountability. He cannot continue to coach at Rutgers University. Therefore, Tim Pernetti and I have jointly decided to terminate Mike Rice’s employment at Rutgers.”

Got that? He and Pernetti watch the tape in December and came to one conclusion. They watched the tape again yesterday and came to a different conclusion.

I grant you that Barchi was playing a bad hand, but he was the dealer.
Sounds to me like Barchi is all in with Pernetti.

I would presume this would give any players who want to transfer the ability to do so without delay. Is there even one player worthy of a bench spot for us? I don't care for Carter or Mack much but they can shoot..

The one player I really liked from Rutgers as a freshman was Gilvydas Biruta (2011-2012 team). I found it odd that he transferred to Rhode Island after his freshman year (odd that 1) he transferred, and 2) he did not transfer somewhere better).

But I guess Rice may have been the reason he left after a solid freshman year. IIRC, Rutgers was very close to where he lived (after he moved to USA for a few years), and he wanted to stay close to home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom