Richardson entering, no agent | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Richardson entering, no agent

Every time I read the title of this thread, I'm reminded of "I have spoken, no pants"

Every time I read the title of this thread, I'm reminded of "I have spoken, no pants"
That post/thread was deleted just before I had a chance to read it. When I checked the forum the next morning, all I saw were the rave reviews about it as the legend began to grow.

Not being there when it happened is my biggest regret in life.

don't know if it's that absurd - I would count on 15ish from TL, 10ish from Robey, and a combined 10ish from the center tandem = 35
Maybe I took the post too literally. I agree Lydon will average 15-18 ppg, but not all of it will come from the "paint". I do think we could get 35-40 from all 4 combined, but not neccesarily "paint points". Lydon will should average about 2-3 made 3pt shots per game next year, hopefully more.

At this point I'm at peace with Malachi not being here next season.

Agents will be up his and his family's butts. NBA scouts will be impressed with his wingspan and measurables, along with his work ethic and character to the point where at least one team will promise him a late round pick. Not to mention NBA types being in his ear regarding the horrors of spending another year playing zone defense. All of this will be too much to resist.

This is why I was hoping he wouldn't declare. Now that he has, agent or no agent - he gone.

two3zone said:
Defense is huge in the NBA, that'll keep you on the roster longer than excellent offense. It's too easy for guys to be picked apart and scored on every time down the court. Lydon would give whatever SF in the league right now a 25-30+ point game every game.
I don't think that's true

two3zone said:
Defense is huge in the NBA, that'll keep you on the roster longer than excellent offense. It's too easy for guys to be picked apart and scored on every time down the court. Lydon would give whatever SF in the league right now a 25-30+ point game every game.

1. You don't know how he'll project defensively.

2. If he's a borderline lottery pick, their are a lot of professionals who disagree with you.

3. Defense was more important until the new rules changed how the game is played. Skill is more important than being a bruiser.

4. I don't think anyone is projecting him to be a top 5 pick. He'll be called upon to do what he's good at (shooting) until he picks up the rest. He's got enough talent and athleticism to learn adequate NBA defense.

5. Stretch 4's are huge right now. Bigs who can shoot will find a spot on an NBA roster independent of their defensive ability.

Good news is he'll have a second season in college to get better.

because from everyone, everyone, I know and trust, they say shooting isn't a positive for him.

I've seen him play a few times. he has solid 15-18 range. Needs to work on the 18-22 range. Plenty of time to work on that over the next six months.

Apparently a scout told Brent Axe that the wrong guy declared, and Lydon would be a borderline lottery pick had he declared this year fwiw.

It is interesting that Lydon is the guy more valued by the pro scouts. I don't think a lot of people on the board see it this way.

I'm not the least bit surprised at that assessment. Lydon has the potential to be an all out stud.

At this point I'm at peace with Malachi not being here next season.

Agents will be up his and his family's butts. NBA scouts will be impressed with his wingspan and measurables, along with his work ethic and character to the point where at least one team will promise him a late round pick. Not to mention NBA types being in his ear regarding the horrors of spending another year playing zone defense. All of this will be too much to resist.

This is why I was hoping he wouldn't declare. Now that he has, agent or no agent - he gone.

I'm not , we really need him next year.

I want what is best for Syracuse Basketball.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I want what's best for Syracuse basketball. I'm not genuinely concerned with the welfare of strangers so why bother with the pretense?
OK, understood. But that does seem a little cold. Thinking about ourselves? You want a good player and care about his abilities so he can do his best for SU basketball, then kind of spit him out if he makes a personal decision that may not satisfy the fan? These aren't robots and they give their all for SU basketball. I hope he stays 4 years, would be very happy to have him for 2, but if he ends up going after 1, I'm not thrilled but am thankful for what he did for the team and wish him well. Players (and coaches) make SU basketball great.

I'm on board with Mali being the better pro player. I just don't ever see Lydon to ever be able to guard the 3 nor having the size to play the 4.

Lydon is a legit 6'8-3/4" in bare feet from what I read and he looks it. He can easily put 10-15 pounds of muscle on his frame in the next couple of years.

I can't see Mali covering anybody in the NBA. His defense is his definite weak point.

Battle wouldn't be here if he wasn't going to start.
Yeh maybe you're right. I wondered about a guarantee (if there was one) and I think pearl31 mentioned to me before that it was assumed when he changed his committment to us. No matter who starts there will be plenty of minutes to go around.

Mal will be easier to replace than Lydon.

Disagree

We just lost our best 2 pullup shooters, and perimeter shooters outside malachi. If Malachi leaves that makes our 3 best. On top of that this could force Lydon to the perimeter for long periods if Battle and Moyer both didn't pan out. Not to mention Malachi is our best lane attacker from the perimeter.

We already have chuckwu dajuan roberson to run the boards. And Roberson is a beast on the boards already.

Loosing our top 2 scorers and 4th leading scorer, lose three members of your backcourt defensively
or lose one rebounder and replace him with a 7'3 jr. Lose one member of your frontcourt but replace with 3 probably 4.
Plus the team has more offensive questions then defensive.

I would take the latter if I have had to. That being said I am Nuts about Lydon.

Thankfully, it sounds like Mali is not officially gone yet. :)

Last edited:
Disagree

We just lost our best 2 pullup shooters, and perimeter shooters outside malachi. If Malachi that makes 3. aOn top of that this could force Lydon to the perimeter for long periods if Battle and Moyer both didn't pan out.

We already have chuckwu dajuan roberson to run the boards. And Roberson is a beast on the boards already.

But it sounds like hes not officially gone yet. :)

I hope hes not officially gone, we have two guards on the roster.

I want what is best for Syracuse Basketball.
What's best for SU basketball is that we support what's best for the players. If we are only about SU then we would want all our players to be 4/5 year guys... Not going to get guys like Mali if that's what we're looking for.

With that said , I feel like we are seeing a lot of players leave earlier than would be best for them in the long haul for short term $$. I hope the new rules help minimize that which will he best for both the individual player and the college program.

It's up to the coaches to fill the void.

They need to anticipate this and be ready to bring in a game ready player.

It's happens all the time at other schools.

There's no reason SU shouldn't have at least 3 quality guards next year.

If not, it's on the staff.

Lydon is a legit 6'8-3/4" in bare feet from what I read and he looks it. He can easily put 10-15 pounds of muscle on his frame in the next couple of years.

I can't see Mali covering anybody in the NBA. His defense is his definite weak point.

Where has Lydon been measured at that height? Never seen that. His wing span isn't very NBAesqe either.

It's up to the coaches to fill the void.

They need to anticipate this and be ready to bring in a game ready player.

It's happens all the time at other schools.

There's no reason SU shouldn't have at least 3 quality guards next year.

If not, it's on the staff.

But if a coach isn't expecting a player to leave after one year, it catches them off guard, its hard to recruit another top player in hopes of a player leaving early.