Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Nobody ever goes to Miami games and they play in a crap stadium.
Aside from their history and name, it's really a crap job, other than being in the middle of all that great talent.
The stadium isn't crap. Not even close. Problem is its 1 hr from campus.

Please stop the Dino going somewhere worry. He ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

And I honestly think some of you put waaaaaaaayyyy too much value on weather. I've never, ever, ever heard a coach say he took a job because of the weather. I doubt it's even Top 20 concern. And as far as Oregon versus Miami - okay, Miami has a lot of sun. It also has a lot of hurricanes. Why is that never considered?

cristobal has a documented 8-10 million buyout depending on date. and that has stopped exactly 0 people from calling him the leader in the clubhouse.

i would wager Dino's aint that high.

and If Miami pays 8-10 mil, youre sure as positive Oregon will pay quadruple that if needed.
Cristobal is an alum and former coach there.

One of Dino's biggest things he values is his privacy. With his playbook being leaked at Arizona, the whole UCF agent debacle, and one of the terms for him coming to Syracuse was that we stay silent about it until BGSU conference championship, it has been shown in the past. He would have none of that at Miami.

Dino is the right age to appreciate what the Syracuse job offers him.

Syracuse is kind of like Liverpool football (soccer) - they last won the championship a long time ago, but they have some die hard fans and are building something great again.

What the Liverpool coach says to his players applies to the Syracuse job: "The people and players who bring this team back are going to be LEGENDS." They are going to climb the mountain and be alongside those all-time greats.

That's why Dino bent over backwards to lionize this senior class - "They will never buy a meal in this town."

Dino knows he can build a Boeheim-like legend here if he stays 10 years and makes a string of bowls games, and we have a couple Top 10 finishes.

Hell, we ALREADY won TEN GAMES and it's only year three of a total rebuild. Why leave now? He's just getting started, and this time, it appears that the Administration will be behind him.

cristobal has a documented 8-10 million buyout depending on date. and that has stopped exactly 0 people from calling him the leader in the clubhouse.

i would wager Dino's aint that high.

and If Miami pays 8-10 mil, youre sure as positive Oregon will pay quadruple that if needed.

Per Louisville site when they had Babers as a candidate, his buyout was EXACTLY that high. That was before the extension, so I don't know if it was adjusted.

Dino signed his extension. I would guess his buyout is prohibitive for pretty much everyone.

Nope.
At least a dozen schools wouldn’t blink to still sign him.

We’d get a war chest to use towards a replacement, but $ is literally no object for some programs.

Nope.

We’d get a war chest to use towards a replacement, but $ is literally no object for some programs.
Didn't Les Miles have a $20 mil buyout and they still canned him...

Nope.

Yes, a few schools could. That's what "pretty much everyone" implies.

Denzel Washington...

He was great in Remember The Titans

Reactions: FAL
Oregon, LSU, Bama, A&M, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, Clemson, USC, OSU, PSU, Michigan

These are the schools off the top of my head that can afford “Godfather” offers. Miami’s not that