RIP Eddie Van Halen *** | Syracusefan.com

RIP Eddie Van Halen ***

I just texted my friend about this...and he was listening to Poundcake at that very moment.

As a musician, long before I was a physician, how could we as youth not be impacted by his musicianship? I am still in awe listening to his guitar virtuosity, and he belongs in the pantheon of Guitar Gods. How many guitar players who followed were impacted heavily by his style? I'm not sure there is a single other guitar player who can say that, with all due respect to Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Berry, King, Beck and others. Another terrible loss...

Legend - in an era where the word is tossed around too easily. Legit and crazy young. Assume it was lung cancer as he always seemed to have a cigarette in his hand in the glory years.

As a musician, long before I was a physician, how could we as youth not be impacted by his musicianship? I am still in awe listening to his guitar virtuosity, and he belongs in the pantheon of Guitar Gods. How many guitar players who followed were impacted heavily by his style? I'm not sure there is a single other guitar player who can say that, with all due respect to Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Berry, King, Beck and others. Another terrible loss...
He was definitely a bad a s s - I say that with the utmost respect. RIP EVH..

Legend - in an era where the word is tossed around too easily. Legit and crazy young. Assume it was lung cancer as he always seemed to have a cigarette in his hand in the glory years.
throat/head/neck cancer

1983 or so Diver Down tour in Dome still the loudest show I've ever been to. RIP

1602017064975.png

Right now is one of the all time sports stadium jams. Sad news.

Wow. Another huge loss this year.

RIP Eddie!

2020 taketh, and it just keeps on taking.

1982. I had tickets on the floor row 17. It was a great show

I think I had you beat.

I was tending bar that Summer, so my peeps and I didn't show up at the Dome until after 2 AM the day tickets went on sale. We got our names on a waiting list, and there must have been a hundred people ahead of me. Maybe more.

When it got close to the time the Dome was going to open, it became pretty obvious that the wait list was out the window and it would be every man for himself. Sure enough, they made it through the first 10-20 names, and then abandoned all hope.

There was a mad scramble to get through Gate A and line up in the concourse to the box office at Gate B. It became a mob, and any barriers they had set up to keep the lines orderly were knocked over.

Dome management began pushing people back into one single file line along the outer wall of the concourse. As luck would have it, we just happened to be standing in front of the Men's room.

We hid out for maybe 20 minutes until the noise outside died down, and simply got in line in front of the Men's room entrance.

I think we ended up in Row 15.

Kids today have no clue how much trouble you could get into while camping out for tickets. :D

I think I had you beat.

I was tending bar that Summer, so my peeps and I didn't show up at the Dome until after 2 AM the day tickets went on sale. We got our names on a waiting list, and there must have been a hundred people ahead of me. Maybe more.

When it got close to the time the Dome was going to open, it became pretty obvious that the wait list was out the window and it would be every man for himself. Sure enough, they made it through the first 10-20 names, and then abandoned all hope.

There was a mad scramble to get through Gate A and line up in the concourse to the box office at Gate B. It became a mob, and any barriers they had set up to keep the lines orderly were knocked over.

Dome management began pushing people back into one single file line along the outer wall of the concourse. As luck would have it, we just happened to be standing in front of the Men's room.

We hid out for maybe 20 minutes until the noise outside died down, and simply got in line in front of the Men's room entrance.

I think we ended up in Row 15.

Kids today have no clue how much trouble you could get into while camping out for tickets. :D
Hah, yes you have me beat. Great story.

People today have no clue about camping out in the elements either. I remember freezing my tail off at 6am at The Landmark I think for Triumph or Iron Maiden tickets. The Utica Aud was better for shows I thought because of general admission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom