RIP Greg Robinson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Greg Robinson

Echoing all that's been said. Horrible disease and a good man. RIP
My sentiments exactly. Always seemed to be a real gentleman even during bad times. My dad went through alzheimers in his mid to late 80's. Horrible disease at that age. Can't even imagine having to deal with it much younger. Prayers to his family.

Forget his record here. Genuinely one of the nicest people you would have ever met. Cares a ton for the kids, the community, and wanted nothing more than to make it work here. World lost a great one in Greg.

Always seemed to have a smile on his face. I enjoyed calling into his show. Alzheimers is a tough way to go, maybe even moreso for the family than the man. My condolences to all of them.

Last edited:
Awful. So young.

I say this with no agenda or mean spirited. I wonder if the disease started during his tenure at Syracuse. Some of those phrases a snowball that caught fire, win just to win, little engine, etc. could have come from a man who was already suffering from dementia/alzheimer's.

Greg and Laura were very good people ... whose friendship I enjoyed. He was disappointed about how things worked out on the field at Syracuse, but he was never bitter about the school, the community or the fans.

That’s a great picture, must be after the Notre Dame upset.
That picture reminds me of a real classy GRob moment. Right after we beat heavily-favored Notre Dame in 2008, the media surrounded him on the field and started throwing questions at him. Rather than gloating about the win, he asked them to stop talking ... and to show respect during the playing of the Notre Dame alma mater by the Notre Dame band. That memory is imbedded in my brain. Pure class. (And don't forget, he had been fired the previous week so he would have had every reason to gloat).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom