RIP Greg Robinson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Greg Robinson

Greg and his family were terrific people. Much respect for all of them. I will never forget his poor wife walking up and down aisles, praying and worrying as her husband’s team continued to struggle.

Condolences to his friends and family.

That picture reminds me of a real classy GRob moment. Right after we beat Notre Dame, the media surrounded him on the field and started throwing questions at him. Rather than gloating about the win, he asked them to stop talking ... and to show respect during the playing of Notre Dame alma mater. That memory is imbedded in my brain. Pure class. (And don't forget, he had been fired the previous week so he would have had every reason to gloat).
Yep, this has me genuinely sad, genuinely.

Very sad news and such a horrible way to go for him and his family. I will always remember how he conducted himself after the Notre Dame win also. He did have quite a lengthy distinguished coaching career with 2 Super Bowl rings regardless of what happened at SU.

Wow so sad. I feel tremendously for the family. Passing from alzheimers, another disease that takes in really cruel ways. Effin alzheimers. RIP Greg. Seemed like a genuinely good person and was good to others. A wonderful way to be remembered.

Greg and Laura were very good people ... whose friendship I enjoyed. He was disappointed about how things worked out on the field at Syracuse, but he was never bitter about the school, the community or the fans.
That's good to hear.

Very sad news and such a horrible way to go for him and his family. I will always remember how he conducted himself after the Notre Dame win also. He did have quite a lengthy distinguished coaching career with 2 Super Bowl rings regardless of what happened at SU.
Yes, he was a good guy who had a tremendous career in football. Nothing that happened at SU tarnishes that. RIP, Greg.

That picture reminds me of a real classy GRob moment. Right after we beat heavily-favored Notre Dame, the media surrounded him on the field and started throwing questions at him. Rather than gloating about the win, he asked them to stop talking ... and to show respect during the playing of Notre Dame alma mater. That memory is imbedded in my brain. Pure class. (And don't forget, he had been fired the previous week so he would have had every reason to gloat).

He coached two of our greatest upsets. of course, one of the reasons they were such big upsets...but that's a story for another thread.

Such sad news. I met him at the beginning of his coaching time in Syracuse. I think it was Chris Gedney or someone who bought him to our NNJ alumni holiday party. He was in NJ recruiting, and heard about the alumni party and wanted to stop by. He was extremely personable. The nicest person. So sorry to hear this. Way too young (also just a couple of years older than me).

You lose the person before they lose their lives. I've heard stories of Alzheimer's patients shouting that there's an intruder in the house because they look in a mirror and didn't recognize the person they saw in it.

Yep. Watched this happen with my great grandparents. They had the physical health of 50 something year Olds in their 70s but alzheimers hit quickly and changed everything. My great grandfather smashed more than a few mirrors at the nursing home.

I really thought he was going to kill it here given his resume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom