RIP Robin Williams | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Robin Williams

Eerie.

even eerier and weirder is tonight by pure luck and happenstance I ran across his last movie ever released "The Angriest Man In Brooklyn". And what is it about? It's about Robin Williams (characters) upcoming pending death including suicide attempt! I kid you not.

It was not a very good movie straight to DVD and not successful and when combined with his recently cancelled TV series and the storyline of this movie you can see how he was depressed. And LouCK was in this movie as well. Gotta think all involved with this movie have to feeling very very sad and confused.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Angriest_Man_in_Brooklyn

Cuseregular said:
even eerier and weirder is tonight by pure luck and happenstance I ran across his last movie ever released "The Angriest Man In Brooklyn". And what is it about? It's about Robin Williams (characters) upcoming pending death including suicide attempt! I kid you not. It was not a very good movie straight to DVD and not successful and when combined with his recently cancelled TV series and the storyline of this movie you can see how he was depressed. And LouCK was in this movie as well. Gotta think all involved with this movie have to feeling very very sad and confused. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Angriest_Man_in_Brooklyn

Eerie indeed.

"Robin Williams was in early stages of Parkinson's disease, wife reveals"

Yeah, just saw in the local fishwrap this was a very recent diagnosis. Also, the toxicology report apparently indicates he was sober when he died, FWIW. Gotta figure such a diagnosis could readily have pushed him irrevocably over the edge.

it is certainly sad to see what has happened to robin as I have enjoyed many of his movies. the dude was a genuine nice guy in Hollywood. however what he did was an act of selfishness I hope his death gives awareness to suicide and how to prevent it. doesn't Michael j fox have Parkinson's? he's still making a career out of acting! keep going bud. rip robin

it is certainly sad to see what has happened to robin as I have enjoyed many of his movies. the dude was a genuine nice guy in Hollywood. however what he did was an act of selfishness I hope his death gives awareness to suicide and how to prevent it. doesn't Michael j fox have Parkinson's? he's still making a career out of acting! keep going bud. rip robin

Who are you to judge what someone else's act should be considered. I saw Robin Williams as someone deeply empathetic to the point of depression. It's been debated forever the nature of comedy versus tragedy. Who knows what dark parts of William's soul drove him over the edge but it was probably the source of all his comedic genius. The depression was just too overwhelming. I would not call him "selfish". All I have is feelings of pity for him for feeling so low.

Oh Lord

I was at a party tonight and people were arguing over the selfish versus deserving-pity aspect of Robin Williams suicide. People were arguing the exact same points expressed in this thread. I thought it was interested that people had such strong opinions about one side or the other. And I thought it was weird people were saying the same things as on this thread. It was like deja vu all over again.

Speaking of the party, you ever drink so much that you know you are not going to get sick yet you know you are going to be hung over really bad the next day. That's where I am right now.

And one more note. Someone brought kale chips to the party. If you ever have any shred of trust in anything I've say trust me on this. If ever you are at a party and there's a bowl of kale chips. Don't try them! Very bad!

I was at a party tonight and people were arguing over the selfish versus deserving-pity aspect of Robin Williams suicide. People were arguing the exact same points expressed in this thread. I thought it was interested that people had such strong opinions about one side or the other. And I thought it was weird people were saying the same things as on this thread. It was like deja vu all over again.

Speaking of the party, you ever drink so much that you know you are not going to get sick yet you know you are going to be hung over really bad the next day. That's where I am right now.

And one more note. Someone brought kale chips to the party. If you ever have any shred of trust in anything I've say trust me on this. If ever you are at a party and there's a bowl of kale chips. Don't try them! Very bad!
People who say that it is a selfish choice don't understand serious depression. When seriously depressed, often the thought process is that your family would be better off without you. Seriously depressed people don't make choices which are rationale to the outside world, but to them, they are perfectly logical.

People who say that it is a selfish choice don't understand serious depression. When seriously depressed, often the thought process is that your family would be better off without you. Seriously depressed people don't make choices which are rationale to the outside world, but to them, they are perfectly logical.

At the party, the one gal who were arguing it was selfish had a really bad experience with a coworker. The coworker hung herself at work during work hours because it was a small company and they were going to have layoffs. So I think she was arguing from her experience.

My argument with regards to Robin Williams is artist type people tend to be more sensitive than regular people. I can see the argument that it is selfish to the immediate family but I just have pity for him that he was feeling so low to be critical or condemning. Until you walk in other people's shoes you just don't know what it means.

I think for me it makes me sad to know that "whoever" thought the was no other alternative or was worn down enough to come to that. Also, who knows how long they have felt that way.