Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

I think he is hinting at good news, which seems to be coming from multiple sources... on a day of a pretty important announcement. How many nods & winks do you need!?
In my book it's already a given that we will get Dakari.

In my book it's already a given that we will get Dakari.
Which kind of surprises me because if Dakari was so set on coming here, then why re-classify to a class that pending the NBA draft may not even have a scholarship to offer? Obviously there is a lot more to his decision than just our scholarship situation, but those two things seem to conflict with each other.

Which kind of surprises me because if Dakari was so set on coming here, then why re-classify to a class that pending the NBA draft may not even have a scholarship to offer?
Because this is freaking SU damn it!!!

Which kind of surprises me because if Dakari was so set on coming here, then why re-classify to a class that pending the NBA draft may not even have a scholarship to offer?

Only reason I can think of is that someone is going pro...maybe Jimmy told him so and so are going to the draft.

Only reason I can think of is that someone is going pro...maybe Jimmy told him so and so are going to the draft.
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe all along DC2 has told JB he's one and done for sure so JB knows he'll have a spot for Dakari come spring.

Which I think is a ludicrous and irresponsible thing to tell a recruit before the start of a season. What if each player expected to enter the draft gets injured & miss the season? Now you've got to take away some kid's scholarship... which is just bush league. I don't want to Calhoun anyone or watch the team I love so much stoop so low.

Which I think is a ludicrous and irresponsible thing to tell a recruit before the start of a season.

i agree, but then you see things like this and it makes more sense

Seth Davis@SethDavisHoops
FWIW I just talked to an NBA scout who visited a bunch of practices and said Dajuan Coleman was the best player he saw.

I agree with that scout, I think DjC is our Trojan Horse of a secret weapon right now (actually happy he was kept under the radar during the SDS game)... but the point stands that you cannot predict what will happen during a season & to overpromise schollies based on such presumptions is reckless.

LOL that is funny. Like Bees said a sixth in this class is likely and if you think about it the person isnt to hard to see.
...annnd would this be a new commit and not just (someone) re-classifying?

Which I think is a ludicrous and irresponsible thing to tell a recruit before the start of a season.
I don't think that it's a travesty to tell a guy "I understand you're concerned about playing time, BUT, our 5 is 95% declaring for the draft after this season. I've seen him play and I have spoke with scouts who have said that he will be drafted if he declares. If you want to wait until the spring signing period, that's fine, but we'll have a spot for you."

If Boeheim thinks that Coleman's game will play in the NBA, I don't think he's going to stop the kid from declaring, hell, he'll probably encourage it.

Roberson and Dakari would cap one helluva class that people were shitting on in September.

Been pretty quiet today. Any whispers about where Roberson is leaning? Or if he's still for sure declaring tonight?

i agree, but then you see things like this and it makes more sense

Seth Davis@SethDavisHoops
FWIW I just talked to an NBA scout who visited a bunch of practices and said Dajuan Coleman was the best player he saw.
This is accurate. He's impressed big time.

Been pretty quiet today. Any whispers about where Roberson is leaning? Or if he's still for sure declaring tonight?
Yes, he's committing to Syracuse tonight. Happy?

Hate to be that guy who didn't read the entire thread, but my dad just fwd me an email mentioning Roberson is deciding tonight. Are we confident he's coming or no? (I tried reading the last 4 or 5 pages but I couldn't really keep up. Sorry)

I don't think that it's a travesty to tell a guy "I understand you're concerned about playing time, BUT, our 5 is 95% declaring for the draft after this season. I've seen him play and I have spoke with scouts who have said that he will be drafted if he declares. If you want to wait until the spring signing period, that's fine, but we'll have a spot for you."

If Boeheim thinks that Coleman's game will play in the NBA, I don't think he's going to stop the kid from declaring, hell, he'll probably encourage it.

Roberson and Dakari would cap one helluva class that people were shitting on in September.
I should probably clarify ... I don't have any problem with it if he chooses to wait and see if anyone leaves before committing, but I do have a problem if we were to offer a scholarship that doesn't yet exist & that player commits before anyone has declared. I want to believe SU is doing the former, but I don't know what these kids are being told. It just seems like from the sound of some fans here that they only care about getting Dakari to commit ASAP, consequences be damned. That's not a good idea.

Hate to be that guy who didn't read the entire thread, but my dad just fwd me an email mentioning Roberson is deciding tonight. Are we confident he's coming or no? (I tried reading the last 4 or 5 pages but I couldn't really keep up. Sorry)
Hes coming home

HE IS DECIDING TONIGHT ON ESPNU AND WILL CHOOSE SYRACUSE SO YOU SHOULD WATCH K THANKS.

:D