Roberson is making huge leaps | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson is making huge leaps

Who was the weirdo who got blasted for predicting Roberson would be the player to step up and make huge strides?

Ef that dude yo.

Roberson is definitely getting better and you can see his potential to become a very, very good college player, but he had a really rough game on the boards last night. The UNC bigs repeatedly went over or through him on the offensive glass for most of the game. I was really impressed with the combination of size and athleticism for their bigs. Roy just kept sending fresh frontline players in and they physically wore down our frontline.

Roberson is definitely getting better and you can see his potential to become a very, very good college player, but he had a really rough game on the boards last night. The UNC bigs repeatedly went over or through him on the offensive glass for most of the game. I was really impressed with the combination of size and athleticism for their bigs. Roy just kept sending fresh frontline players in and they physically wore down our frontline.
yep, that's why I think - if they get anywhere near the shooting they got last night from Paige/Britt - they just might emerge by season's end as the best ACC team. Also part of that is if Bryce Johnson asserts himself like he did in the 2nd half. They're scary with that frontline and guys hitting shots

I think Robersons mid range jumper is one of those deals where he is money in practice but in games he tightens up. That will go away as he relaxes and becomes more used to his new role.

Couple easy things he can do that Im sure the coaches are telling him

-stop hesitating...catch it and shoot it. much more likely to score than after you catch it. wait...head bob, shoot.

-stop setting up for the shot 19 feet away from the basket (The Billy Owens Special). Teams will let him catch the ball 15 feet away just as soon as 19, they aren't afraid of his hot at this point.

One other negative from last night's game - Tyler got beat baseline like 3 or 4 times resulting in easy baskets. He just can't allow that to happen so easily. Maybe that's being tired as well, because I don't recall seeing that previously.

The wings were ordered to extend out on the shooters in the 2nd half after it was clear that Paige, et al could not be given any room. UNC guards - to their credit - recognized this over-commitment and drove baseline because that's essentially what the zone was giving them. Not Roberson's fault.

The wings were ordered to extend out on the shooters in the 2nd half after it was clear that Paige, et al could not be given any room. UNC guards - to their credit - recognized this over-commitment and drove baseline because that's essentially what the zone was giving them. Not Roberson's fault.
I thought about that. Add in the fact they were sucking down to the paint to help with the rebounding and then flying out to the wings, it was a rough night for them.

EDIT - BUT, he needs to make sure he gets out in a way that still cuts off the baseline.

If he hits the weightroom hard in the offseason and ads about 15 lbs Tyler could be a real difference maker. As a rebounder he isn't a space eater but he goes after every miss hard and that kid can really get up. I am looking forward to seeing him blossom him next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom