Robert Anae to NC State | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

Onondaga Supply?
Hmmmmm now you have me thinking. I remember it saying Zenith TV repair, but now u say that it rings a bell too, getting old stinks

What a day. How often does a school lose 2 coordinators in 1 day? I agree with handing the reins to Beck, but we all should remember that while he's an excellent QB coach, this will be his 1st rodeo as an OC (as far as I know), so he could have some growing pains. Happy he will get to coach the Bowl game.

I can't take any more drama tonight. Goodnight, enough for one day. I'm mentally exhausted. I hope the next few weeks leading up to the bowl game are better than this day.
Meh after the beck news I’m not at distraught I would like to see atleast some stability quickly. It’s an opportunity to possibly get a good d coordinator with better recruiting chops and a decent position coach. Really want to focus on people that cut there teeth recruiting.

I’m old enough to remember the Zenith repair shop on W. Genny across from NiMo

The first interview he did last year was odd. Creepy even. I remarked to friends that if I didn’t know he was a FB coach my next guess would be serial killer.
Was that the spring game? That interview creeped me out.

UNC specially? is there a connection there i’m missing?
UNC's OC just went to Wisconsin today I believe. Not sure if that's what you're asking, but there it is if so.

I think that Swag deserves a chance. He has been loyal, is our best recruiter and puts kids in the NFL. He should get a shot
I'm sure Swag would make a great DC if/when he wants but no way dino goes with two 1st time coordinators. No Way.

When the sky is falling and all our coaches quit, the thread gets hijacked to discuss Zenith (penith) repairmen and a dumpy music venue behind a strip club…only on Syracuse fan.
Have you heard about the fast food specials?

You are as good as your coordinators. That’s every coach though. I just don’t understand your takes at times. You automatically think it’s Dino’s fault when things go bad but when things go well it’s because of the other coaches work. Which one is it? What do you mean by dont blame them? Are you saying his assistants think he sucks and they don’t want to coach with an incompetent guy?
Yes, I think that Dinos incompetence in certain areas has to be obvious to good coaches if it is to fans and announcers. A successful lifelong coach like Bob is going to know if a head coach is good or not and I doubt that he considers Dino to be very good. He might like him and respect him as a man but as a coach I doubt it. I also think that Dino being a lame duck has a ton to do with Bob and White leaving. Both of these guys are very good and have choices. Given Dinos track record I don't blame them for moving on.

The other scenario is that Bob knew it was Becks turn and paved the way for him to be promoted. I hope this is what actually happened, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is actually how it went down.

The bottom line is that if we retain Beck we end up with a net gain. I hope that the news on Beck is accurate.

I'm sure Swag would make a great DC if/when he wants but no way dino goes with two 1st time coordinators. No Way.
I just posted this same thought in another thread. Agree, especially when next year is a do or die year for Dino.

The first interview he did last year was odd. Creepy even. I remarked to friends that if I didn’t know he was a FB coach my next guess would be serial killer.
I spoke to him twice. Once after the spring game for about 5 minutes the second after a fall practice. He is a very intense individual and very much a loner.

Yes, I think that Dinos incompetence in certain areas has to be obvious to good coaches if it is to fans and announcers. A successful lifelong coach like Bob is going to know if a head coach is good or not and I doubt that he considers Dino to be very good. He might like him and respect him as a man but as a coach I doubt it. I also think that Dino being a lame duck has a ton to do with Bob and White leaving. Both of these guys are very good and have choices. Given Dinos track record I don't blame them for moving on.

The other scenario is that Bob knew it was Becks turn and paved the way for him to be promoted. I hope this is what actually happened, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is actually how it went down.

The bottom line is that if we retain Beck we end up with a net gain. I hope that the news on Beck is accurate.
Yeah man your theories are weird. Sounds like you just be makin things up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom