Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

Bennett played Guy, and Jerome (Okay, 34) 35 MPG, and how’d that work out? As they say, there’s more than one way to skin a cat.
Upper class Guy and Jerome vs Buddy and JG3...

I don’t get the love for braswell here. Rumors are he can shoot but there is hardly a sample size for that. He hasn’t done it in games or proven he can do it over a season. If at best he’s a catch and shoot guy he doesn’t bring that much to the table IMO and I don’t know why people are so high on him. Not only is he coming off an injury but he hasn’t looked good offensively or proven he can rebound and outside of a few mins playing D his freshman year vs Clemson he hasn’t really done anything defensively. He needs to add muscle and prove that he is healthy before I’d pencil him in for anything. But again other than being able to shoot (so we hear) I don’t see him as the answer. I think Woody can get more mins than him.
Did you watch him play? Kid has a great shot. Hes athletic and long. If he is healthy i think he plays a big role. Can play 3 or 4.

Did you watch him play? Kid has a great shot. Hes athletic and long. If he is healthy i think he plays a big role. Can play 3 or 4.
I def would not say great, his form looks nice but he hasnt done anything in games outside of the 5/8 mentioned above although his FTs look good and that is usually a good indicator. Also Guerriers shot looks nice too but it never goes in, he needs to prove he can make them in games and with defenders up on him. I will say he looks the part of a 3/4, he def has the size and length but needs to get stronger and be able to rebound. Hes an interesting prospect but i think thats all he is at this stage is a prospect. The injury set him back alot this year but if he can overcome it he can def get some burn, i just dont see him getting the minutes people on here are saying but we can agree to disagree.

Braswell play in the zone was pretty good for a guy getting very few minutes.

if you play him, Marek, and Guerrier in spots it creates some interesting matchup issues even if he cant attack like Hughes. Marek can still take the big outside his area and you cant leave Braswell when the other 2 drive. What we lose is the attack drive from the 3 spot, but thats really more an unknown, he may have some game there we just dont see yet. But if he is healthy he may be a pretty solid rebounder.

Outside of rolling up Eli to the 2 and having Marek and Q on the front line, still at end of the day:

-Washington isn't an ACC player.
-Goodine got early run, didn't produce, broke his nose and was set back. And again we have no idea of the guy for 95% of everything else.

By playing a short rotation you have absolutely no margin for error.

If one of your marathon men have a bad game it’s almost impossible to win.
Having a bench allows players who struggle in individual games to take a seat and the team still be able to win.

How did we beat Pittsburgh by 20 on the road when Buddy got hurt?
How was that possible? We should fall apart because we didn’t have another shooter on the floor. It’s the only way to score.

Tournament games/postseason it makes sense to play your best players as much as you can. It’s still behoves to have a bench so you have depth.

Our national championship team had 8 players who averaged 15MPG.
Josh Pace was 14.7 but I am rounding that up to 15.

We were getting our a$$ kicked by Oklahoma State in the second round. Jim Boeheim put Josh Pace in the game and he helped spark the team. I remember him getting for 4 quick points and being active on defense.
He ended up playing 27 minutes in that game and we came back and won pretty easily.

Having depth is why we won that game.
Boeheim took Carmelo out when he put in Pace for the spark.
Then Melo came back in for Duany.

Josh Pace couldn’t shoot. Why did he play? He was a paint scorer and penetrater with a great floater.

The iron man routine is really old.
Buddy Boeheim played more MPG last year than Melo did in 2003.

That is funny.

By playing a short rotation you have absolutely no margin for error.

If one of your marathon men have a bad game it’s almost impossible to win.
Having a bench allows players who struggle in individual games to take a seat and the team still be able to win.

How did we beat Pittsburgh by 20 on the road when Buddy got hurt?
How was that possible? We should fall apart because we didn’t have another shooter on the floor. It’s the only way to score.

Tournament games/postseason it makes sense to play your best players as much as you can. It’s still behoves to have a bench so you have depth.

Our national championship team had 8 players who averaged 15MPG.
Josh Pace was 14.7 but I am rounding that up to 15.

We were getting our a$$ kicked by Oklahoma State in the second round. Jim Boeheim put Josh Pace in the game and he helped spark the team. I remember him getting for 4 quick points and being active on defense.
He ended up playing 27 minutes in that game and we came back and won pretty easily.

Having depth is why we won that game.
Boeheim took Carmelo out when he put in Pace for the spark.
Then Melo came back in for Duany.

Josh Pace couldn’t shoot. Why did he play? He was a paint scorer and penetrater with a great floater.

The iron man routine is really old.
Buddy Boeheim played more MPG last year than Melo did in 2003.

That is funny.
Well, Melo didn't spread the floor like Jackson does, now did he?

Upper class Guy and Jerome vs Buddy and JG3...

With the other options being a 27% shooter in HW, or 30% BG. JG wasn’t much better at 35%, and sat more than Buddy, but he was the best ball handler, and passer that we had. I would have been okay with HW playing more, since he wasn’t that far behind JG in those aspects, but he just wasn’t a threat to score at all. Defenses sagged off of him, pretty blatantly, making our offense 4 on 5, so they could double Eli, and face guard Buddy. Sid wasn’t a threat early, so it ends up being Eli, Marek, and Buddy having to do it all. If y’all wanna bitch about recruiting, and not having good enough talent, that’s fair. But, we had a lot of issues, and playing our best guys 35+ a game was down on the list of ‘em, IMO.

With the other options being a 27% shooter in HW, or 30% BG. JG wasn’t much better at 35%, and sat more than Buddy, but he was the best ball handler, and passer that we had. I would have been okay with HW playing more, since he wasn’t that far behind JG in those aspects, but he just wasn’t a threat to score at all. Defenses sagged off of him, pretty blatantly, making our offense 4 on 5, so they could double Eli, and face guard Buddy. If y’all wanna bitch about recruiting, and not having good enough talent, that’s fair. But, we had a lot of issues, and playing our best guys 35+ a game was down on the list of ‘em, IMO.
Tyus Battle shot 32% from 3 why didn’t shooting matter when we played the previous year?
30 vs. 32?

Battle scored the ball without being a shooter.

With the other options being a 27% shooter in HW, or 30% BG. JG wasn’t much better at 35%, and sat more than Buddy, but he was the best ball handler, and passer that we had. I would have been okay with HW playing more, since he wasn’t that far behind JG in those aspects, but he just wasn’t a threat to score at all. Defenses sagged off of him, pretty blatantly, making our offense 4 on 5, so they could double Eli, and face guard Buddy. If y’all wanna bitch about recruiting, and not having good enough talent, that’s fair. But, we had a lot of issues, and playing our best guys 35+ a game was down on the list of ‘em, IMO.

Yeah. Last year wasn’t anywhere close to ideal...but it was a talent issue. I’m frustrated too but I’m not going to pretend that guys were good, when they weren’t. We had 4 decent players for much of the year...thankfully Quincy and Sidibe came on and made it 6.

Tyus Battle shot 32% from 3 why didn’t shooting matter when we played the previous year?
30 vs. 32?

Battle scored the ball without being a shooter.

Man. If that line was like 8 inches closer, Tyus is probably a 38% 3 point shooter. Not sure I’ve ever seen someone who was an excellent “long two” shooter but a mediocre 3 point shooter to that extent. Of course those were almost all heavily contested shots.

Tyus was crushed by the horrific offensive talent around him his last two years here. When he had some guys to play with as a freshman, he was close to 40% from 3.

Those numbers for HW, and BG aren’t from 3. That’s overall FG%. They didn’t score from anywhere.
Howard Washington played 148 minutes the entire season.
Brycen Goodine played 200 minutes the entire season.

That argument is a joke. They didn’t get a chance to play. Let them start against the midmajors and see if their shooting percentages are that low.

Those numbers for HW, and BG aren’t from 3. That’s overall FG%. They didn’t score from anywhere.

And nobody guarded them. Tyus was hitting hero ball shots, because they were the only makable shots our offense could get. Tyus was roughly 1,000 times better shooter than Howard or Goodine. And that might be underselling it.

Man. If that line was like 8 inches closer, Tyus is probably a 38% 3 point shooter. Not sure I’ve ever seen someone who was an excellent “long two” shooter but a mediocre 3 point shooter to that extent. Of course those were almost all heavily contested shots.

Tyus was crushed by the horrific offensive talent around him his last two years here. When he had some guys to play with as a freshman, he was close to 40% from 3.
I love Tyus Battle.
I just can’t stand the shooters argument.
Like we can’t play a guy if they can’t shoot.

I love Tyus Battle.
I just can’t stand the shooters argument.
Like we can’t play a guy if they can’t shoot.

It might be more accurate to substitute “score” for “shoot”.

If Washington or Goodine were getting in the lane and scoring, I’m sure they would’ve played.

If Washington or Goodine were getting in the lane and scoring, I’m sure they would’ve played.
Cmon man Goodine didn’t get a chance to prove that in a game.

It’s a just a fact.
The spin is he can’t shoot so we can’t play him.

Yeah. Last year wasn’t anywhere close to ideal...but it was a talent issue. I’m frustrated too but I’m not going to pretend that guys were good, when they weren’t. We had 4 decent players for much of the year...thankfully Quincy and Sidibe came on and made it 6.

Another year for everyone coming back should close the talent gap against other teams a good bit. While throwing in Kadary, Bras, Woody, JBA, and at least one grad transfer. Though I gotta believe we add two to get to 12 guys on scholarship. People wanted Goodine to play more to get better, but don’t seem to think that the extended time for JG, and Buddy will pay dividends for next season.

Cmon man Goodine didn’t get a chance to prove that in a game.

It’s a just a fact.
The spin is he can’t shoot so we can’t play him.

He got plenty of chances early in the year and did nothing. He wasn’t ready and then he got hurt. That’s ok. Sometimes guys aren’t ready in November of their freshman year.

I was really hoping Howard would have driven more, but he got tentative with that as well.

He got plenty of chances early in the year and did nothing. He wasn’t ready and then he got hurt. That’s ok. Sometimes guys aren’t ready in November of their freshman year.
Most times, not sometimes

Another year for everyone coming back should close the talent gap against other teams a good bit. While throwing in Kadary, Bras, Woody, JBA, and at least one grad transfer. Though I gotta believe we add two to get to 12 guys on scholarship. People wanted Goodine to play more to get better, but don’t seem to think that the extended time for JG, and Buddy will pay dividends for next season.

I think we’re most likely similar to what we have been, next year. 18-13, .500 in the league territory.

Unless Kadary is way better than his rankings AND ready to make an impact, and we get best case scenario improvements from guys like Marek and Quincy, and Sidibe continues his strong end of season play and has a really good senior year. I think we need a lot of things to break right to have what we think of (or used to)as a “Syracuse season”.

Hopefully that 2022 class ends up being the monster class that it looks like it can be.

Howard Washington played 148 minutes the entire season.
Brycen Goodine played 200 minutes the entire season.

That argument is a joke. They didn’t get a chance to play. Let them start against the midmajors and see if their shooting percentages are that low.

No sense in arguing with you. When your opinions are facts, and the numbers aren’t. Not sure what you possibly saw from HW to think more time would have made him a better scorer. The guy was given wide open threes. But, I’m done. They’re gone, and luckily for me, I can live with that. Your facts are priceless. Keep on keeping on, brother.

I think we’re most likely similar to what we have been, next year. 18-13, .500 in the league territory.

Unless Kadary is way better than his rankings AND ready to make an impact, and we get best case scenario improvements from guys like Marek and Quincy, and Sidibe continues his strong end of season play and has a really good senior year. I think we need a lot of things to break right to have what we think of (or used to)as a “Syracuse season”.

Hopefully that 2022 class ends up being the monster class that it looks like it can be.
I’m so tired of next year...

I’m thinking 15-15 next year or thereabouts

We disagree which is fine.

I just don’t like the argument we have to be obsessed with shooting when people’s criticism are legitimate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom