Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’ | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell on transfer rumors: ‘I’m most likely coming back’

By playing a short rotation you have absolutely no margin for error.

If one of your marathon men have a bad game it’s almost impossible to win.
Having a bench allows players who struggle in individual games to take a seat and the team still be able to win.

How did we beat Pittsburgh by 20 on the road when Buddy got hurt?
How was that possible? We should fall apart because we didn’t have another shooter on the floor. It’s the only way to score.

Tournament games/postseason it makes sense to play your best players as much as you can. It’s still behoves to have a bench so you have depth.

Our national championship team had 8 players who averaged 15MPG.
Josh Pace was 14.7 but I am rounding that up to 15.

We were getting our a$$ kicked by Oklahoma State in the second round. Jim Boeheim put Josh Pace in the game and he helped spark the team. I remember him getting for 4 quick points and being active on defense.
He ended up playing 27 minutes in that game and we came back and won pretty easily.

Having depth is why we won that game.
Boeheim took Carmelo out when he put in Pace for the spark.
Then Melo came back in for Duany.

Josh Pace couldn’t shoot. Why did he play? He was a paint scorer and penetrater with a great floater.

The iron man routine is really old.
Buddy Boeheim played more MPG last year than Melo did in 2003.

That is funny.
You keep saying that Buddy and Joe aren’t good enough to be getting those minutes. It doesn’t matter how good they are. It’s how good they are relative to their back up that matters.

You keep saying that Buddy and Joe aren’t good enough to be getting those minutes. It doesn’t matter how good they are. It’s how good they are relative to their back up that matters.
That is kinda an indictment on somebody.
Recruiting, player evaluations, something.

Having only 2 “capable” guards to play when neither is a superstar is crazy for a program we think we are.

Our 2021 recruiting class will be important. We have Dior in 2022. How do we recruit guards for 2021 when they know we have a stud in 2022.

You see this roster will be interesting to watch.

Kadary ain’t chopped liver. Would be nice to add a guard this year or 2021, but may have to go with a GT, if not we just roll with three again. Junior JG, and Senior Buddy aren’t coming out much though. Hopefully by then, they can win the doubters over.

Kadary ain’t chopped liver. Would be nice to add a guard this year or 2021, but may have to go with a GT, if not we just roll with three again. Junior JG, and Senior Buddy aren’t coming out much though. Hopefully by then, they can win the doubters over.

That's dangerous territory, if we sustain an injury.

That's dangerous territory, if we sustain an injury.

For sure. Hoping the staff has a plan in mind. Someone fine with backup minutes.

There has to be a small chance that we add a HS kid to the 2020 class. Braswell didn’t come aboard until May in 2018, so it’s possible. Maybe someone gets canned, and we snag one of their kids. Doesn’t seem like many coaches are losing their jobs though, at least that I’ve heard about. Though, we probably don’t wanna use up a spot that could go to 2021. We’ll see how it all plays out. Fairly certain that we aren’t going into the year with just 10.

That is kinda an indictment on somebody.
Recruiting, player evaluations, something.

Having only 2 “capable” guards to play when neither is a superstar is crazy for a program we think we are.

Our 2021 recruiting class will be important. We have Dior in 2022. How do we recruit guards for 2021 when they know we have a stud in 2022.

You see this roster will be interesting to watch.
This I can agree with.

Im still kind of amazed that Washington wasn’t.

Seems that mommy got into his head, may have made him feel that he is better than he is, and deserved to start, or at least get more time.

Seems that mommy got into his head, may have made him feel that he is better than he is, and deserved to start, or at least get more time.

Yeah, the way she was griping on twitter early in the year was kind’ve stunning to me. Everybody WANTS to play, but cmon. Gotta be realistic about your situation.

Yeah, the way she was griping on twitter early in the year was kind’ve stunning to me. Everybody WANTS to play, but cmon. Gotta be realistic about your situation.

Yep. I mean, I get the frustration. Especially with what he went through, and how much he bleeds orange, but damn lady. Gotta be a better way to go about it. He really could have played around 15 MPG this year with BG gone. Would spell Buddy, and JG. 7-10 minutes each against the cupcakes, then 5-6 once ACC play hits. Eh, it ain’t terrible, and one injury then you’re starting. I’m guess that JB may have let him know that Kadary would be getting some run too, so he couldn’t guarantee minutes.

I doubt it

I doubt it
If Buddy is going to get better why couldn’t any of the guys younger than him and are leaving get better?
Girard played 32MPG
That is probably going up next year.

He could slid over to SG for some minutes and one of the guys leaving play but they don’t see that happening so they left.

Ideally we could play another PG with Girard on the floor and have multiple ball handlers at the same time.

If Buddy is going to get better why couldn’t any of the guys younger than him and are leaving get better?

If Buddy will always be awful on D with a ton of minutes, then why would the guys leaving get better on O if they got more time? We can all play this game.

If Buddy will always be awful on D with a ton of minutes, then why would the guys leaving get better on O if they got more time? We can all play this game.
Just asking do you really not know the answer to this? Or are you serious?

Just asking do you really not know the answer to this? Or are you serious?

Super serial. No one ever gets better year to year.

That we add someone, or they win over you guys? If the latter, then oh well, sucks for y’all.
I was riffing off the last line of your previous post. Trying to keep things light here.

I was riffing off the last line of your previous post. Trying to keep things light here.

Heard. Sadly, it may be true. Our backcourt duos tend to get it the worst around here. Then there’s always a kid on the bench that should get a shot. Rinse, and repeat. Hell, people always called for Mookie to come in, and fire away. D didn’t matter much then.

Super serial. No one ever gets better year to year.
Mr. Gore there problems on defense can’t be improved unless they force more turnovers. Which at most would like be 1-2 more per game. As they are going to become more athletic.

We just need to make sure we have a defensive big who can help compensate for the defense up top.

Mr. Gore there problems on defense can’t be improved unless they force more turnovers. Which at most would like be 1-2 more per game. As they are going to become more athletic.

We just need to make sure we have a defensive big who can help compensate for the defense up top.

They certainly aren’t gonna get bigger, longer, and faster, but we can hope that they learn to position themselves better. Along with improving their anticipation. We’ve had midgets up top before that did well enough. Takes time, so JG has room to improve. Buddy gonna Buddy, but I don’t think he’s as awful as it seems. Rarely does our 2 rebound, which people seem to expect from him. If anyone can get these two to maximize their abilities, well you know who I’m gonna say can.

It’s just stupid strawman arguments one after another.
You don’t need to be a 3 pt shooter to score the basketball.
Tyus Battle shot 32% from 3 and shot just under 6 of them a game.

He scored 19 PPG. We do need a shooter on the floor of course. We don’t need the entire wings/guards to be 3 point shooters to score.
Turns out I have a lot more time on my hands now, and got into a wormhole in this thread. I wanted to respond in-depth to what I think is your, and some others, irrational opinions as to the cause and effect of the program's general "mediocrity" after recent events. Also, I don't mean any of this personally Alsacs, but I see so many "facts" that aren't facts, and self-contradictions that I could just not stand idly by.

I find it very funny you are pointing to other fans "straw man arguments" when you are quite literally making multiple straw man arguments in this very thread. Tried to capture the specific argument below:

Person 1 (paraphrasing others' points but providing facts still in the sub-bullets) :
  • "Brycen Goodine and Howard Washington did not earn more minutes, and Jg3 + Buddy gave us the best chance to win most every night. Buddy and Jg3 deserved the bulk of minutes that they received."
    • Brycen Goodine averaged 1.9 ppg, 30% fg overall, and was 3/24 from three point land.
    • Howard Washington in his career averages 1.0 ppg, 27% fg overall, and was 4/26 from three.
Because of these numbers, and probably because JB is a hall of fame coach and sees these dudes every day in practice, decided that they should not cut into the minutes of Jg3 and Buddy. I shouldn't even have to present the numbers from Jg3 and Buddy to prove they were the better players who deserved the bulk of minutes, other than it being quite obvious their numbers were significantly better in extended minutes. Don't know for sure but I would bet there aren't 10 teams in College Basketball who are returning a backcourt that averaged 27.7 ppg this year. And they're both underclassmen! It's a core I'm personally excited about and think most cuse fans are.

Person 2 (your argument, and I won't even paraphrase. These are direct quotes.) :
  • "Buddy Boeheim played more MPG last year than Melo did in 2003. That is funny."
    • Simply not a fact (Now that's funny!) - Buddy averaged 35.6 mpg and Melo averaged 36.4 mpg but nice try
  • "It only makes sense if you have a player like Hakim Warrick or Zion Williamson. Guys who are significantly more talented. Not average players."
    • Straw man - No one said Jg3 or Buddy was on the level of those guys. That's not the argument. The argument is that Goodine and Washington weren't good enough to take minutes from them. Obviously you are implying Jg3 and Buddy are average players. If that's the case how on earth would you describe Goodine and Washington?
  • "Goodine didn’t get a chance to prove that in a game. It’s a just a fact."
    • Straw man (ish) and just not fact either - 8.7 mpg is not nothing and proves he did get game chances.
  • "Having only 2 “capable” guards to play when neither is a superstar is crazy for a program we think we are."
    • Major Straw man - I think you must have meant this looking forward to next season based on the context of your post. If my assumption is correct, this is just an asinine take. First, there's a massive gap of skill characterizations between "capable" and "superstar". While Jg3 and Buddy certainly aren't superstars, they've proven to be much more than "capable". Second off, we have a pretty damn good freshman coming here in Kadary Richmond so that's 3 guards. Third, it's downright disingenuous to suggest that JB doesn't see the risk of having 3 guards on the roster. I'm sure he and his assistants will do whatever they can to subsidize the risk of that very situation whether it be another high school recruit, grad transfer, or Juco transfer. The season just ended and the transfer portal is still shaking out, give it some time.
  • "You are obviously okay with mediocrity."
    • The biggest Straw man of all - Implying the program and our team is mediocre, and implying people are fine with mediocrity. Yet you're the one advocating to give more minutes to some of our worse players?
I present statistics and calling out your "facts" because I know you will not accept the subjective opinion (although it is really objective) that Buddy and JG3 are just much better players than Brycen + Washington and deserved the bulk of minutes. Because I've been reading this board for quite some time and see you post quite often, I assume you'll turn to the ol' "You think this program is headed in the right direction? You are okay with the results of the past 5 years?" I don't post a ton, and would like to start posting more, so to answer that question bluntly: I think 3 tourney appearances including a final four and a sweet 16, and some fun and amazing games in between is something to be happy about. Would I like more regular season success and to be a more feared entity in the ACC? Of course, but I think 95% of programs across the country would sign up right now for the results we've had in the last 5 years. And yes, I am optimistic about the future, including next year and beyond. To be honest, my biggest concern for this program is the day JB decides to hang it up, but that tangent is for another time.

What's funny about all this is I do personally believe Goodine could have gotten a few more consistent minutes because of his defense and still think he has a pretty high ceiling. He was much better in limited time defensively than Jg3 and Buddy, due to his athleticism, but didn't make enough of an impact to warrant the offensive liability that he seemingly was. Putting his stats to the side, if you can't tell he has issues handling the ball and making plays, I don't know what to tell you. His shots also tended to not even really be close. So he's not really a point guard because of a weak handle and also not really a shooting guard because he didn't attack or shoot well. It's really not hard to see that Joe and Buddy on the floor gave us the best chance to win, but even so, I do think Goodine earning closer to 11-12 minutes could have made a difference on the defensive end and his overall confidence. From a minutes perspective, I actually advocated for Jesse Edwards earning more time. His smoothness as a big and length are really intriguing to me and don't think his lack of strength and inexperience would have really made us any worse off when Sidibe was struggling the first 3/5ths of the season.

And not everything is perfect. I do think we've had some recruiting misses dating back to Kaleb Joseph that is concerning including Jalen Carey, Goodine, and Matt Moyer. All were considered 4 stars, did we do a bad job developing or were they just not that good to begin with? For Moyer and Joseph, the answer is seemingly the latter. For Carey and Goodine, the jury is still out. I do think Goodine has the best chance of all our recent transfers minus BJ to end up being a transfer that we regret. But I certainly am comfortable riding with Jg3, Buddy, Kadary, and hopefully another guard moving forward.

And I totally have concerns for next year. Much more real and tangible concerns that have nothing to do with Goodine or Washington.
  • Replacing Elijah's production in the transfer portal- How do you replace the leading scorer in the ACC? Even Seth Towns and Landers Nolley, while excellent players, aren't on Elijah's level otherwise they'd be going to the NBA too.
  • Shot-making from the wing - Sort of has to do with the above but more-so looking at our current roster than considering a transfer replacement.
    • Marek can score more consistently. I think as a senior, he will, but what's his ceiling? Is 15 ppg too much of a stretch? Probably, but I bet JB gives him the chance to be that kinda player. There's been countless press conferences where JB's stated that he tells Marek he needs to look to score more. Even if he can't score from the outside, I think he can go drive and score from the paint much more consistently/frequently.
    • Quincy to me is our X-factor next year. Assuming he gets closer to 30+ minutes per game, what's his output? JB swears that he can shoot it, but I'm skeptical. Still optimistic he can average 13-15 ppg in extended minutes plus his usual aggressive rebounding and toughness, which will be invaluable to next year's team. But Quincy taking a step up and being a go-to guy is I think a huge key for next year.
    • Braswell I'm just not as high on him as others seem to be. I think he's okay, can shoot it fairly well, and good things do seem to happen when he's on the court, but I just find him not to be an ACC level player. He's too stiff, awkward, and doesn't have enough skill as a playmaker, and I think that limits the impact he can have for us. Hope he proves me wrong though, I definitely am rooting for him.
    • Woody we will see. I will say that after watching his most recent highlights, I was struck by how much he seemed to have filled out over the past year. Has the makings of a good one, I'm just not sure how ready he is for ACC competition in year 1. Early season games and scrimmages will be big for him.
  • Guard defense - Of course! I actually think JG3's defense isn't as bad as most make it out to be, but I won't make excuses for their aggregate defensive performances this year. Joe's biggest problem to me is he fell asleep too often at the top of the zone. He needs to be more focused. I also think a part of that is just experience in the zone and getting more comfortable with it, knowing where to be. He certainly got better towards the end of the year as his instincts improved. But let's also not bypass him leading the team in steals per game and 10th in the ACC. Buddy I'm afraid is what he is defensively, his athletic limitations hold him back from stopping ACC guards getting past him (i.e. cole anthony who did whatever he wanted against buddy in the dome). I think he was better at closing out than Joe, and think he's serviceable in that spot, but there are undeniable limitations to his game.
  • Center Play - Probably the concern I'm worried least about even though I don't see a grad transfer coming here with 3 centers already on the roster (not including marek who can play center). I was just really encouraged to see Bourama turning a corner towards the end of the year, and am optimistic he can be more of that player consistently next season. As noted above, I'm also quite high on Jesse Edwards so I hope he takes a step up defensively as well. Won't act like I have any sort of feel for JBA's game, total mystery to me.

Okay that's enough. I apologize for anyone who read this whole thing. Slow day at the work from home office, and I wanted to reflect on the past season as well as my thoughts for next year. I promise my future posts won't be this long. Cuse by a million.

Last edited:
Turns out I have a lot more time on my hands now, and got into a wormhole in this thread. I wanted to respond in-depth to what I think is your, and some others, irrational opinions as to the cause and effect of the program's general "mediocrity" after recent events. Also, I don't mean any of this personally Alsacs, but I see so many "facts" that aren't facts, and self-contradictions that I could just not stand idly by.

I find it very funny you are pointing to other fans "straw man arguments" when you are quite literally making multiple straw man arguments in this very thread. Tried to capture the specific argument below:

Person 1 (paraphrasing others' points but providing facts still in the sub-bullets) :
  • "Brycen Goodine and Howard Washington did not earn more minutes, and Jg3 + Buddy gave us the best chance to win most every night. Buddy and Jg3 deserved the bulk of minutes that they received."
    • Brycen Goodine averaged 1.9 ppg, 30% fg overall, and was 3/24 from three point land.
    • Howard Washington in his career averages 1.0 ppg, 27% fg overall, and was 4/26 from three.
Because of these numbers, and probably because JB is a hall of fame coach and sees these dudes every day in practice, decided that they should not cut into the minutes of Jg3 and Buddy. I shouldn't even have to present the numbers from Jg3 and Buddy to prove they were the better players who deserved the bulk of minutes, other than it being quite obvious their numbers were significantly better in extended minutes. Don't know for sure but I would bet there aren't 10 teams in College Basketball who are returning a backcourt that averaged 27.7 ppg this year. And they're both underclassmen! It's a core I'm personally excited about and think most cuse fans are.

Person 2 (your argument, and I won't even paraphrase) :
  • "Buddy Boeheim played more MPG last year than Melo did in 2003. That is funny."
    • Simply not a fact (Now that's funny!) - Buddy averaged 35.6 mpg and Melo averaged 36.4 mpg but nice try
  • "It only makes sense if you have a player like Hakim Warrick or Zion Williamson. Guys who are significantly more talented. Not average players."
    • Straw man - No one said Jg3 or Buddy was on the level of those guys. That's not the argument. The argument is that Goodine and Washington weren't good enough to take minutes from them. Obviously you are implying Jg3 and Buddy are average players. If that's the case how on earth would you describe Goodine and Washington?
  • "Goodine didn’t get a chance to prove that in a game. It’s a just a fact."
    • Straw man (ish) and just not fact either - 8.7 mpg is not nothing and proves he did get game chances.
  • "Having only 2 “capable” guards to play when neither is a superstar is crazy for a program we think we are."
    • Major Straw man - I think you must have meant this looking forward to next season based on the context of your post. If my assumption is correct, this is just an asinine take. First, there's a massive gap of skill characterizations between "capable" and "superstar". While Jg3 and Buddy certainly aren't superstars, they've proven to be much more than "capable". Second off, we have a pretty damn good freshman coming here in Kadary Richmond so that's 3 guards. Third, it's downright disingenuous to suggest that JB doesn't see the risk of having 3 guards on the roster. I'm sure he and his assistants will do whatever they can to subsidize the risk of that very situation whether it be another high school recruit, grad transfer, or Juco transfer. The season just ended and the transfer portal is still shaking out, give it some time.
  • "You are obviously okay with mediocrity."
    • The biggest Straw man of all - Implying the program and our team is mediocre, and implying people are fine with mediocrity. Yet you're the one advocating to give more minutes to some of our worse players?
I present statistics and calling out your "facts" because I know you will not accept the subjective opinion (although it is really objective) that Buddy and JG3 are just much better players than Brycen + Washington and deserved the bulk of minutes. Because I've been reading this board for quite some time and see you post quite often, I assume you'll turn to the ol' "You think this program is headed in the right direction? You are okay with the results of the past 5 years?" I don't post a ton, and would like to start posting more, so to answer that question bluntly: I think 3 tourney appearances including a final four and a sweet 16, and some fun and amazing games in between is something to be happy about. Would I like more regular season success and to be a more feared entity in the ACC? Of course, but I think 95% of programs across the country would sign up right now for the results we've had in the last 5 years. And yes, I am optimistic about the future, including next year and beyond. To be honest, my biggest concern for this program is the day JB decides to hang it up, but that tangent is for another time.

What's funny about all this is I do personally believe Goodine could have gotten a few more consistent minutes because of his defense and still think he has a pretty high ceiling. He was much better in limited time defensively than Jg3 and Buddy, due to his athleticism, but didn't make enough of an impact to warrant the offensive liability that he seemingly was. Putting his stats to the side, if you can't tell he has issues handling the ball and making plays, I don't know what to tell you. His shots also tended to not even really be close. So he's not really a point guard because of a weak handle and also not really a shooting guard because he didn't attack or shoot well. It's really not hard to see that Joe and Buddy on the floor gave us the best chance to win, but even so, I do think Goodine earning closer to 11-12 minutes could have made a difference on the defensive end and his overall confidence. From a minutes perspective, I actually advocated for Jesse Edwards earning more time. His smoothness as a big and length are really intriguing to me and don't think his lack of strength and inexperience would have really made us any worse off when Sidibe was struggling the first 3/5ths of the season.

And not everything is perfect. I do think we've had some recruiting misses dating back to Kaleb Joseph that is concerning including Jalen Carey, Goodine, and Matt Moyer. All were considered 4 stars, did we do a bad job developing or were they just not that good to begin with? For Moyer and Joseph, the answer is seemingly the latter. For Carey and Goodine, the jury is still out. I do think Goodine has the best chance of all our recent transfers minus BJ to end up being a transfer that we regret. But I certainly am comfortable riding with Jg3, Buddy, Kadary, and hopefully another guard moving forward.

And I totally have concerns for next year. Much more real and tangible concerns that have nothing to do with Goodine or Washington.
  • Replacing Elijah's production in the transfer portal- How do you replace the leading scorer in the ACC? Even Seth Towns and Landers Nolley, while excellent players, aren't on Elijah's level otherwise they'd be going to the NBA too.
  • Shot-making from the wing - Sort of has to do with the above but more-so looking at our current roster than considering a transfer replacement.
    • Marek can score more consistently. I think as a senior, he will, but what's his ceiling? Is 15 ppg too much of a stretch? Probably, but I bet JB gives him the chance to be that kinda player. There's been countless press conferences where JB's stated that he tells Marek he needs to look to score more. Even if he can't score from the outside, I think he can go drive and score from the paint much more consistently/frequently.
    • Quincy to me is our X-factor next year. Assuming he gets closer to 30+ minutes per game, what's his output? JB swears that he can shoot it, but I'm skeptical. Still optimistic he can average 13-15 ppg in extended minutes plus his usual aggressive rebounding and toughness, which will be invaluable to next year's team. But Quincy taking a step up and being a go-to guy is I think a huge key for next year.
    • Braswell I'm just not as high on him as others seem to be. I think he's okay, can shoot it fairly well, and good things do seem to happen when he's on the court, but I just find him not to be an ACC level player. He's too stiff, awkward, and doesn't have enough skill as a playmaker, and I think that limits the impact he can have for us. Hope he proves me wrong though, I definitely am rooting for him.
    • Woody we will see. I will say that after watching his most recent highlights, I was struck by how much he seemed to have filled out over the past year. Has the makings of a good one, I'm just not sure how ready he is for ACC competition in year 1. Early season games and scrimmages will be big for him.
  • Guard defense - Of course! I actually think JG3's defense isn't as bad as most make it out to be, but I won't make excuses for their aggregate defensive performances this year. Joe's biggest problem to me is he fell asleep too often at the top of the zone. He needs to be more focused. I also think a part of that is just experience in the zone and getting more comfortable with it, knowing where to be. He certainly got better towards the end of the year as his instincts improved. But let's also not bypass him leading the team in steals per game and 10th in the ACC. Buddy I'm afraid is what he is defensively, his athletic limitations hold him back from stopping ACC guards getting past him (i.e. cole anthony who did whatever he wanted against buddy in the dome). I think he was better at closing out than Joe, and think he's serviceable in that spot, but there are undeniable limitations to his game.
  • Center Play - Probably the concern I'm worried least about even though I don't see a grad transfer coming here with 3 centers already on the roster (not including marek who can play center). I was just really encouraged to see Bourama turning a corner towards the end of the year, and am optimistic he can be more of that player consistently next season. As noted above, I'm also quite high on Jesse Edwards so I hope he takes a step up defensively as well. Won't act like I have any sort of feel for JBA's game, total mystery to me.

Okay that's enough. I apologize for anyone who read this whole thing. Slow day at the work from home office, and I wanted to reflect on the past season as well as my thoughts for next year. I promise my future posts won't be this long. Cuse by a million.
Good post. I respect posts that actually want debate and aren’t what the first guy who I went back and forth with.
I saw Buddy was 35.6 not 36.6.
So I was wrong there. I admit when I am Wrong. Melo played a minute longer. So I was wrong and I will say it again.

Again to your overarching the morons who fight the point here again the first guy are making excuses for what has happened.
I don’t consider JLine or DW morons they just disagree and actually know how to have a discussion.

The general consensus for the people I go back and forth with is that the people who are frustrated with the status quo are wrong.
The program is mired in a 6 year slump.
That is our fault.
That falls on the HC.
I don’t want the HC fired.

My whole presume is to see change that actually fixes our problems.
We don’t change and we get the first person I argue with who just fights to fight. If he did 1/10 of what you did here I wouldn’t get frustrated.

I respect your post. You took the time to get your point across and it was well done.

I am not anymore right than anyone else. I concede that. I can’t take people who can’t do what you just did.

I just sick of the status quo. I think our program should be better. The short rotations are a problem. The talent is not good enough for that. The fact we are forced to play the players we play that many minutes is not good.

We need change. Good post though. I will respond more detailed when I research.
Unlike others good job walking the walk.

Last edited:
Good post. I respect posts that actually want debate and aren’t what the first guy who I went back and forth withZ
I saw Buddy was 35.6 not 36.6.
So I was wrong there. I admit when I am Wrong. Melo played a minute longer. So I was wrong and I will say it again.

Again to your overarching the morons who fight the point here again the first guy are making excuses for what has happened.
I don’t consider JLine or DW morons they disagree.

The general consensus for the people I go back and forth with is that the people who are frustrated with the status quo are wrong.
The program is mired in a 6 year slump.
That is our fault.
That falls on the HC.
I don’t want the HC fired.

My whole presume is to see change that actually fixes our problems.
We don’t change and we get the first person I argue with who just fights to fight. If he did 1/10 of what you did here I wouldn’t get frustrated.

I respect your post. You took the time to get your point across and it was well done.

I am not anymore right than anyone else. I concede that. I can’t take people who can’t do what you just did.

I just sick of the status quo. I think our program should be better. The short rotations are a problem. The talent is not good enough for that. The fact we are forced to play the players we play that many minutes is not good.

We need change. Good post though. I will respond more detailed when I research.
Unlike others good job walking the walk.

Again, I don't mean anything personally, and am not meaning to attack you in any way. Totally understand not wanting to be complacent with the program's general lack of regular season success these past 5-6 years, and I respect that. I'd be lying if I too didn't share some feelings of disappointment in recent years.

I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be, nor do I believe it is all sunshine and rainbows. I'd love to breakdown all the various reasons why it's been trending downward since let's say the 2013-2014 season in a separate thread. Tbh, I'm also a pretty hardcore JB supporter, when I know many aren't. I don't want to say that clouts my judgement, but a guy who has coached here for nearly 45 seasons without a losing record and still sharp as a tack has my undying loyalty. I think you have to look no further than what we saw at UNC this year to appreciate what we have in JB. I find it so mind-boggling that many think we are better off without him. Time will tell.