Robey | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Robey

lydon apparently doesn't contest inside or on breaks cuz he's afraid of picking up fouls. he obviously plays soft to play 40.

lydon apparently doesn't contest inside or on breaks cuz he's afraid of picking up fouls. he obviously plays soft to play 40.
Apparently. yep. Lydon has been the problem with this team.

ok so you're perfectly ok tearing down one player on the team but it just ruffles your feathers when you hear people disparaging your faves.

ok so you're perfectly ok tearing down one player on the team but it just ruffles your feathers when you hear people disparaging your faves.
have you read any of my posts? Really? Where did i tear this kid down. I said that he should have ran hard down the court in the last seconds of a must win game. You brought other things up. You. Not me. I responded to you because you wanted to expand the conversation. I don't have faves. Every kid that wears Orange is my fave unless they do something OFF the court. I wish robey all the best and hope he has a great end to his career. Have you read where I have torn our coach down for his treatment of Robey? Christ. Read.

I'm still waiting to hear you explain how a senior Roberson has managed to see his minutes fall by 33% in a year where the team has essentially lost three front court players to injury.

you've ripped roberson's season effort throughout this whole thread. quote.

"And he doesn't always hustle. That is part of the issue with him. He doesn't always come to play."

but oh so quick to the defense of your favorites standing flatfooted.

Those guys were looking to spot up in that situation. Roberson's job was to run to the rim and perhaps occupy a defender. Instead, he chose to remain in the backcourt and be a spectator.

Good thing JG didn't pass to either of those guys. There wasn't enough time left on the clock. :crazy:

By the time Gillon finally received the ball from Battle and dribbled down the court, Roberson could have been under the basket and halfway up the tunnel to the locker room.

lol you are hilarious. Lydon made a beeline to the hoop and wasn't even past the foul line when JG released the ball.

look who's watching.
promo312414256-640x360.jpg

let's cut tyler some slack he ain't sat for 10 games.

lol not fair. You're pointing to game action where lack of hustle actually had an impact on the game.

br801 thinks Roberson should have been sitting on top of the backboard with :03 left so that he could drain the alley-oop.

FFS we're 17-13 and JUST guaranteed ourselves a winning record last Wednesday. Pretty sure there's more than enough blame to go around.

lol not fair. You're pointing to game action where lack of hustle actually had an impact on the game.

br801 thinks Roberson should have been sitting on top of the backboard with :03 left so that he could drain the alley-oop.
Game action that had an impact on the game? Right, right... UL up 21 with 1:15 remaining.

LOL Yeah, compare the efforts this team has got from Gillon, White and Lydon this year with the effort they have got from Roberson. Perfect.

Dude I think you need to trade in your tv set because the one you're using has a fuzzy picture. Referencing White as somebody who hustles is lol funny. He's one of the more disinterested defenders/rebounders I've ever seen play on the hill. Re-watch a tape of the L'ville game and you'll be embarrassed that you offered his name up re hustle.

Game action that had an impact on the game? Right, right... UL up 21 with 1:15 remaining.

So you think that was the only play that involved lack of hustle?

Nah, I'd just prefer to not be playing 4 on 5 on the potentially game-deciding possession in a critical game.

Dude I think you need to trade in your tv set because the one you're using has a fuzzy picture. Referencing White as somebody who hustles is lol funny. He's one of the more disinterested defenders/rebounders I've ever seen play on the hill. Re-watch a tape of the L'ville game and you'll be embarrassed that you offered his name up re hustle.
Without White, we wouldn't have won 10 games. And we haven't had Robey all year. At least as far as production goes.

you've ripped roberson's season effort throughout this whole thread. quote.

"And he doesn't always hustle. That is part of the issue with him. He doesn't always come to play."

but oh so quick to the defense of your favorites standing flatfooted.
I'm quick to defend guys that have helped us win. Why you want to knock guys that have helped us win is beyond me. Goes with your takes on our coach I guess. And it is being ripped when it is just the truth. Do you think Robey has hustled all year?

I'm quick to defend guys that have helped us win. Why you want to knock guys that have helped us win is beyond me. Goes with your takes on our coach I guess. And it is being ripped when it is just the truth. Do you think Robey has hustled all year?
For the record, Dashers post was an extremely fair critique. Not bashing a
Player at all.

Oh I get it. The game was out of reach so no reason to hustle.
LOL But when it is pointed out that someone didn't hustle when the game and maybe the season was on the line, that is a bridge too far.

For the record, Dashers post was an extremely fair critique. Not bashing a
Player at all.
Of course it wasn't. I feel very bad about the way Jb has treated Robey. I made a post a week ago about calling in to JB's show and asking him why he is doing that. Whatever the reason, it hasn't worked. But with that, there was no excuse not to run up the floor with the game on the line.

Nah, I'd just prefer to not be playing 4 on 5 on the potentially game-deciding possession in a critical game.

There is no scenario where Roberson or anybody else on SU would be involved in the play and you guys are ridiculous in your refusal to acknowledge that the only offensive play was a JG heave with no time left for a pass or rebound. When a guy turns up court with :04 left and he is 70 feet away from the bucket and his teammates are barely past half court there is no other play.

Without White, we wouldn't have won 10 games. And we haven't had Robey all year. At least as far as production goes.

White has certainly been more productive than Roberson. Not my point. But White is a lousy defender and indifferent rebounder. Two of this team's biggest weaknesses. He was treated like a child under the hoop by Pitino's frontline. It got so bad that at one point JB shifted Battle and White in the zone for a couple of possessions. Btw how does he do when he has a serious defender on him as was the case in the past two games? Matt Jones locked him up and threw away the key.

He's not allowed to shoot and it'd hurt us if they fouled him. I have no doubt that his hanging back was deliberate, and the right move.
How everyone here doesn't immediately understand this completely baffled me.

There is no scenario where Roberson or anybody else on SU would be involved in the play and you guys are ridiculous in your refusal to acknowledge that the only offensive play was a JG heave with no time left for a pass or rebound. When a guy turns up court with :04 left and he is 70 feet away from the bucket and his teammates are barely past half court there is no other play.
If Battle hadn't held the ball for about 3 seconds, the possible end game scenarios were quite different and certainly more expansive, and Roberson's indifferent effort could have cost the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom