Robey | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Robey

roberson's game is defense and rebounding. adjust for minutes played (about 20 in acc) and he's tops on the team and top 10 ACC offensively.

and you have the sense to call that lazy ??

roberson's game is defense and rebounding. adjust for minutes played (about 20 in acc) and he's tops on the team and top 10 ACC offensively.
I love the adjust for minutes played stats. There is a reason he doesn't play more.

and there's a reason you don't compare numbers when someone plays 40 and the other plays 20. use your head.
Using your head, this thread was about him not hustling in the final seconds against Duke. If you want to take it to another place, fine. It's hard to say anything but up to this point, his sr year has been a disaster. He hasn't improved one bit.

i thought we won that game. so who really cares ? one more thing about roberson. you wonder why tyler doesn't shoot more ? that's be cuz the last 6 games since clemson tyler lydon has logged 245 minutes and taken 56 shots. Tsquare has logged 127 minutes and taken 54 shots. roberson on the court actually allows lydon take some shots. and roberson cleans up the misses. as well as any player in this conference.

i thought we won that game. so who really cares ? one more thing about roberson. you wonder why tyler doesn't shoot more ? that's be cuz the last 6 games since clemson tyler lydon has logged 245 minutes and taken 56 shots. Tsquare has logged 127 minutes and taken 54 shots. roberson on the court actually allows lydon take some shots. and roberson cleans up the misses. as well as any player in this conference.
I would rather have a tired Lydon out there over a rested Roberson. But that's just me. And obviously the Hall of fame coach. One thing I will say, if we are to make a run, we need Roberson to play very well when he is in the game. He does some things we need. But there was no excuse for not hustling on that play. None.

it's obvious lydon ain't sitting any time soon. the numbers cited above are lydon's and thompsons minutes/shots. 2 :1 . yet shots about equal.
so you wonder why lydon scores his points second half ? cuz thompson is on the bench and lydon gets to shoot. roberson is a boarder. that's all.
but when he does occasionally shoot his fg% (.55) is the highest of our active players. and DJC (535) ain't coming off the bench anymore.

I mean did anyone K losing his mind on the sideline the other night? Berating guys that he pulled? He looked like he was going to have a stroke.

Yes, he's changed a lot in his bench demeanor the last couple of years.

and there's a reason you don't compare numbers when someone plays 40 and the other plays 20. use your head.
What does it tell you about Roberson's season when he plays only 20 minutes per game (as opposed to 30 last season) as Coleman has been unable to answer the call and a defensively challenged freshman is gobbling up more and more minutes?

What does it tell you about Roberson's season when he plays only 20 minutes per game (as opposed to 30 last season) as Coleman has been unable to answer the call and a defensively challenged freshman is gobbling up more and more minutes?

Oh sure, throw that in our faces ...

:D

The clock was the same different for his teammates who all ran up court. You hustle. Period. Oh, and the clock at 6.8 seconds on it when battle got the ball. DVR is a great thing. There is zero excuse for not running up the court.

6.2 when he had control

Had he run to the rim initially, he might have been in position to receive a pass for an easy layup or dunk, or been in position to rebound a missed shot. Instead, he was just nearing mid-court when Gillon's shot went in.

That is beyond stoopid. Why doesn't that critique apply to White or Lydon?

and you have the sense to call that lazy ??

You do read some crazy sheet on this board.

it's obvious lydon ain't sitting any time soon. the numbers cited above are lydon's and thompsons minutes/shots. 2 :1 . yet shots about equal.
so you wonder why lydon scores his points second half ? cuz thompson is on the bench and lydon gets to shoot. roberson is a boarder. that's all.
but when he does occasionally shoot his fg% (.55) is the highest of our active players. and DJC (535) ain't coming off the bench anymore.

We could watch a replay of that game on Sunday and see numerous plays involving White, Lydon or Thompson where they had their heads completely up their azzes with no focus. Absolutely no box out or they get alley-ooped on while their thumb is up their azz. Yet somehow they were playing all out on Sunday. lol

That is beyond stoopid. Why doesn't that critique apply to White or Lydon?
Those guys were looking to spot up in that situation. Roberson's job was to run to the rim and perhaps occupy a defender. Instead, he chose to remain in the backcourt and be a spectator.

Roberson should have rushed down court so he could have impeded Gillon and made the buzzer beater all the more spectacular.
By the time Gillon finally received the ball from Battle and dribbled down the court, Roberson could have been under the basket and halfway up the tunnel to the locker room.

look who's watching.
promo312414256-640x360.jpg

let's cut tyler some slack he ain't sat for 10 games.

look who's watching.
promo312414256-640x360.jpg

I know, it would have been much better if Lydon tried to contest a meaningless play and perhaps injured himself.

We could watch a replay of that game on Sunday and see numerous plays involving White, Lydon or Thompson where they had their heads completely up their azzes with no focus. Absolutely no box out or they get alley-ooped on while their thumb is up their azz. Yet somehow they were playing all out on Sunday. lol
LOL Yeah, compare the efforts this team has got from Gillon, White and Lydon this year with the effort they have got from Roberson. Perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom