Rocky Long | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rocky Long

he's not high paying but he still made $900k at sdsu. so if he wants to be a dc, he's gonna have to take a ~50% cut I figure.

Hear me out
MAYBE
He is hiring Dino
Then Mackey comes home to CUSE!

(did I do this right?)

Side note this would be a grand-slam hire

Which version?

he's not high paying but he still made $900k at sdsu. so if he wants to be a dc, he's gonna have to take a ~50% cut I figure.

Based on Cali taxes and cost of living, he wouldn’t need near that number here in Cuse to live the life that’s desired for him

See I see it different. U need 3 amazingly talented dline men or we are screwed. We have a hard time with that in my opinion. Now Coleman slayton and Robinson could maybe make it work. 2 outta 3 of the down lineman are getting doubled at least at point of attack and of course one lineman slides to a backer but we have a hard time with double teams. Now if we could get a 6’2” 320 lb ng who is cat quick I’m in.
Elmore would fit well in the middle as the nose, and fulltime defense, not wasted part-time on offense.

I hope we're willing to pay near that. 900K seems to be the going rate for P5. There are 54 assistant coaches making 800K or more. And another 20 that make between 700 and 800k.

Last edited:
I hope we're willing to pay near that. 900K seems to be the going rate for P5. There are 54 assistant coaches making 800K or more. And another 20 that make between 700 and 800k.
To keep up with the Arms race, and if you want to be at the top of the P5, you need to be at or above the $1M mark for coordinators. If we're not willing to get close to that amount then we need to rethink the future of who we want to be as a football program.

To keep up with the Arms race, and if you want to be at the top of the P5, you need to be at or above the $1M mark for coordinators. If we're not willing to get close to that amount then we need to rethink the future of who we want to be as a football program.

Private schools don't report but it looks like we need to be at least north of 600K within our division. NC State (640) and LVille (650x2) are paying that.

There's a big difference between paying a successful HC to become your DC versus hiring someone you know that is getting a promotion to become DC.

I'd be shocked if we aren't willing to get close to matching his current salary. This isn't a LB coach becoming a DC.

I prefer the 3-3-5 over the 4-2-5.

I had mentioned before that IMO a 3-2 with 2 SSs playing anOLB/DB hybrid is the way we should go.

Anyone know if Long’s D is 3-3-5 playing like a nickel in the backfield? Or is it more like a 3-5-3 with two SSs playing a hybrid role? Huge difference IMO.

I'm sorry. The thought just crossed my mind. Any chance that Rocky is in Syracuse to interview some coaches for his coaching openings and not the other way around?
I cant hear you.gif

we worry about stopping run heavy power teams that we struggle to stop almost every year anyway? lets stop the pitt/nc st/maryland teams and wouldnt have been sitting home with 5 wins..

if we slow down BC just a little we still might win that game with the offense too

Get your 69 jokes in while you can. He turns 70 three weeks from today.

Let’s bring back Coach P in some role. He’s also 70.

Is a joke.

other than Clemson and a couple outliers like foster, it appears the going acc rate for coordinators is between $500k - $650k.