Rocky Long | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rocky Long

other than Clemson and a couple outliers like foster, it appears the going acc rate for coordinators is between $500k - $650k.

Agreed. I noted that later on.

The whole source thing I take it is Long's agent? Nobody in San Diego even knew or reported on it until after the Thamel tweet.

The whole source thing I take it is Long's agent? Nobody in San Diego even knew or reported on it until after the Thamel tweet.

Hopefully this comes about and we have ourselves one hell of a catch for DC.

I wonder if Long just wants to enjoy his last days coaching with his goomba Dino and will teach the way of D to an assistant on the hill so when he retires the wreaking ball D continues!

No, I don't think you understand this scheme at all.

A major tenant of the defense is that it is easier to recruit speed than size. The defense is built on speed. You don't need 300 pound freaks who run 4.8 40s and bench press 600 pounds to run it.

It is far easier to find athletic, undersized but relatively fast DL than traditional ones. If we can find a Chris Slayton, we would definitely take him. But you don't need those types of players to be successful running this scheme.

Exactly.

WVU's Johnny Dingle and Scooter Berry made their 3-3-5 work very well.

1578351713778.png

So what are the chances this even happens? I mean some of our insiders even suggested a while back we had a DC in the bag, and just were waiting on the appropriate time to announce things.

So is there smoke to this fire?

He could sell his modest 2,200 square foot house in San Diego for $1.7M, buy a 6,000 square foot house in CNY and still have money to spare.
I've actually considered buying a place in Syracuse as a rental property even though I live in the mountain time zone because it looks like you can get a pretty good place at a good value.