Roddick loses(and retires) | Syracusefan.com

Roddick loses(and retires)

SteveC

Starter
Really solid player throughout his career. Gonna miss watching him play.

Really his career was a disappointment. For the level of talent he has and to have only won a single grand slam is very disappointing. He was also a hard guy to cheer for because of his attitude.

I never warmed up to him. I'm not sure why. Federer has just been my guy for the last ten years; perhaps I didn't have enough affection to spread to around. Some people root for Roddick because he is American, but nationality doesn't mean much to me.

My favorite player has been Nadal for the past 6 years (when i started watching tennis haha) but i enjoyed watching Roddick because of his attitude.it's the same reason i liked Devendorf. I agree that his career was a disappointment but he was definitely solid. Didn't win majors but he was one of the better players in the world.

It isn't about him retiring when he still has some prime years left, it's about being home while his wife still has some prime years left...

Can't say that I blame him.

Really his career was a disappointment. For the level of talent he has and to have only won a single grand slam is very disappointing. He was also a hard guy to cheer for because of his attitude.

It's hard to win majors when the GOAT is busy winning them all.

his biggest issue was playing at the same time as Federer.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

his biggest issue was playing at the same time as Federer.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
I guess, but it's not like Federer is the only guy that has been knocking him out of tournaments all of these years.

I guess, but it's not like Federer is the only guy that has been knocking him out of tournaments all of these years.

True, but he would have1 or 2 wimbledon titles and another US Open if not for Roger.

No one except roger could have beaten him in that 09 wimbledon final. Finishing with four majors would have put him on par with Courrier.

Andy's night matches at the Open, especially in his early years, were a lot of fun to watch.

I'm hopeful for American tennis for the first time since Andy started his career. Sock and Harrison have some real talent and have had some decent results. Hopefully one of them breaks through to a quarter or semi of a major next year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That '09 wimbledon finals was such a great match!

I'm betting on Harrison to be the next american to get to a quarter. I like what i've seen from him but really i don't remember seeing Sock play. I have no idea who he is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom