Roster moves | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Roster moves

Yeah I am a Lutz fan because he does all the things needed pretty good and blitz pickup really well. Howard is an excellent and punishing runner. A steady diet of Tucker and Howard could wear down a number of future defenses we will see.
Love Davis being back...loving Bleich and Bergeron physicality. I am still a little concerned with center and RT going into ACC play.
Really like what Cooper showed and obviously Alford.
not a fan of lutz. i believe he has ball security issues. i do appreciate his dedication and believe he goes at 100% all the time.

Any idea how long he will be out ?

no idea. But maybe I shouldn’t say he’s hurt. I do know He didn’t dress the last two games and he is on the sideline with no visible injuries. Doesn’t mean he’s not hurt so who knows. I also noticed he is smiling and engaged and congratulating players.

At WR Sat was a tryout for Alford, Gadsden, and Cooper. Taj sat and SJ didn’t play much, he had one of his thumbs taped up.

I didn’t see it until yesterday but the guy that was behind Pena on the interception was Gadsden, which was the third possession for SU. They got the two big guys in early.

I’d make the move and start Alford for SJ and make Jackson the 4th WR (assuming he can go). Cooper looked more dynamic than Pena, and I’d move him ahead as the third slot guy. Pena might have better straight ahead speed but there’s more to the position than that.

Queeley has gotten a lot of targets, he hasn’t shown the ability to win man to man, I wouldnt hesitate to play Gadsden equal reps.

I’d start Alford, Harris, Queeley. Jackson comes in in 4 wide packages. Roll Gadsden in heavily. There’s your 5 guys.

I’d make the move and start Alford for SJ and make Jackson the 4th WR (assuming he can go).

Is Jackson banged up? I hadn't caught that.

Cooper was a highly recruited kid, you can see why.

he had 18 catches for 368 yards in 2018 for Arizona as a Sophomore.

too bad Javonte Williams isn’t dressing out whether he’s hurt or not but he definitely missed out on his opportunity to get PT and now Cooper probably leapfrogged everyone. When you get your chance make the most of your opportunities boys….dropping passes that get intercepted isn’t getting it done.

listening to Dino it sounds like much of the issue with the younger kids is not running the correct plays

listening to Dino it sounds like much of the issue with the younger kids is not running the correct plays
I wonder how much of this will change with the team seeming to eliminate the "choice" routes. Get your best athletes on the field and tell them to run specific routes so DeVito has a better chance of throwing to an open guy (if he hasn't locked in only Taj).

Appreciate all the info, Go. Interested in your thoughts on RT. Currently Tis and Vet are manning the position by committee but neither has impressed. Is Bradford the future there?
I’d rather Ilaoa moved to center, but it doesn’t look like that’s the path they want to go down. My guess is Vetterello gets RT, and Tisdale spells Davis until he gets in game shape.

as For Bradford, team needs at least one tackle next year.

The good news is that Tisdale graded the highest of the OL in pass blocking. Bleich and Davis were the two lowest. Run blocking Bleich was the highest with Davis and Vet the lowest graded.

He got dinged towards the end of the game on a punt return

Just watched that replay. Looked like it was definitely a cramp. He took a shoulder to shoulder hit, but then limped off and was laughing while they worked on his leg.

I think his teammates were busting his balls about running right into the defender.

At WR Sat was a tryout for Alford, Gadsden, and Cooper. Taj sat and SJ didn’t play much, he had one of his thumbs taped up.

I didn’t see it until yesterday but the guy that was behind Pena on the interception was Gadsden, which was the third possession for SU. They got the two big guys in early.

I’d make the move and start Alford for SJ and make Jackson the 4th WR (assuming he can go). Cooper looked more dynamic than Pena, and I’d move him ahead as the third slot guy. Pena might have better straight ahead speed but there’s more to the position than that.

Queeley has gotten a lot of targets, he hasn’t shown the ability to win man to man, I wouldnt hesitate to play Gadsden equal reps.

I’d start Alford, Harris, Queeley. Jackson comes in in 4 wide packages. Roll Gadsden in heavily. There’s your 5 guys.
I wish there was a button I could press to make this so

This Instantly upgrades the weakest unit on O

Good news is the game 3/4 mark is typically when DFB has historically given more reps to a more talented younger (frosh/soph) player on offense (happened with Howard, Taj, Tommy, NJ)

Just watched that replay. Looked like it was definitely a cramp. He took a shoulder to shoulder hit, but then limped off and was laughing while they worked on his leg.

I think his teammates were busting his balls about running right into the defender.

That was a heck of a collision. I winced.

I’d rather Ilaoa moved to center, but it doesn’t look like that’s the path they want to go down. My guess is Vetterello gets RT, and Tisdale spells Davis until he gets in game shape.

as For Bradford, team needs at least one tackle next year.

Will be interesting to see whether Cruz sees the field for any appreciable PT this year.

That might help solve RT, too [would enable staff to consider shifting Bergeron there].

That was a heck of a collision. I winced.

I started getting Jawhar Jordan run really fast north-south, but nothing east-west flashbacks.

Hopefully Jackson has the sizzle, we just haven't been able to see it yet.

yeah we know and we’ve all decided it’s better to get the kids who can make plays into the game instead.
I haven’t rewatched the game yet but I think Gadsden must have been running the wrong route on the interception. Pena should have caught the pass but what was Gadsden doing so close behind? There’s no way he could have been a target that close. If Gadsden isn’t right behind Pena that ball probably doesn’t get intercepted

But yes I agree. Put the gamers in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom