Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Roy Williams Retiring / UNC hires Hubert Davis

I think they stay on the family. Davis, Miller or Stackhouse. Rasheed Wallace has been coaching a high school here in Durham for a few years. I don't think he will be considered but he would be an interesting option.

I think they stay on the family. Davis, Miller or Stackhouse. Rasheed Wallace has been coaching a high school here in Durham for a few years. I don't think he will be considered but he would be an interesting option.
That would be absolutely absurd.

A true giant and a gentleman. Ae shucks or not the game is diminished without him. Class act and a great coach. Whoever they get will be compaRed to Dean Smith and him. When Dean leftthey tried the asst route and the up and coming route. I look for NC to get well established star power guy.

If you look at the ten coaches CBS lists as possible replacements, it makes you wonder what the list will look like when JB retires. Not impressive.

Going to miss good ole Roy but I win my bet with my UNC buddy who said Boeheim would retire before Roy.

He can coach. Based upon their academic scandal, I think 2 of those NC's are questionable.
This was my first reaction when. I heard he was retiring, is NCAA about to lay the hammer down finally? And he’s getting out before it happens? Where do the violations stand with UNC? Did they get dismissed?

LOL. Cuserunner post. Nice try.
How?

He’s the best coach at the moment in the ACC. Give him all the resources and support of UNC? That’s an unstoppable force.

UVA will reload with another solid coach if there’s one to be had.

The only other guys I’d be more worried about at UNC is Jay Wright.

It’s like...I’d LOVE to watch a b-ball game with Boeheim. He’s probably the number 1 person in the world I’d love to watch a game with. In that sense, I appreciate and enjoy his candor.

But as an Orange fan, in today’s climate - he’s gotta stop talking publicly about other team’s players. I cringe every time. Any other coaches out there comment publicly on any of our transfers?

If you look at the ten coaches CBS lists as possible replacements, it makes you wonder what the list will look like when JB retires. Not impressive.
I think you wonder a lot about things that don’t matter!!