RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are all gonna have the disputes so dropping for one for that is gonna be a lost cause long term.

what part of Directv Single was bad?
Is this question directed to me regarding signal loss?
If yes, I would frequently get a weak signal when weather came in. Much more frequent than I was led to believe it would be. As I alluded to, I live in the mountains in southern vermont. There is a mountain almost literally across the street to the WSW, which happens to be in the general direction of the satellite. Obviously, the mountain doesn't block the signal, or I would never have gotten one to begin with, but the mountain tends to concentrate the clouds when even slightly stronger weather rolls through. And forget about snowstorms. 3 years ago, we got a foot of snow during the Super Bowl. The dish filled with heavy wet snow and the signal gave out during halftime. It took me a half hour of throwing snowballs to knock enough snow off to regain the signal. I probably only need 15 minutes, but do you think anyone in my family let me know when it came back? NO! My wife's reply when I came back in all cold and snow covered was, "Where were you?". My response, "tinder meetup."

yea We get the occasional heavy cloud issue as well. But it probably adds up to a couple hrs in the whole year and my internet is down for more than that in any given yr so still better than streaming. I made them mount my dish at ground level so that removed the snow issue. Actually I mounted the dish at ground level moved the wires to it, called in a signal issue and they came in re-alligned it for free.. Had the E/W feeds up until the last rd of deals and that was great for games for a long time.

Of course! Looks like I’m going back to Spectrum, tail between my legs.

I might be doing that shortly too. Except the wife pays the cable and she now kind of likes having a much smaller bill and could care less about my sports viewing needs.

I might be doing that shortly too. Except the wife pays the cable and she now kind of likes having a much smaller bill and could care less about my sports viewing needs.
My wife’s only true sports interest is the Yankees, so since YES is gone, full autonomy will be granted!

I'm with you. I was with DirecTV for over almost 15 years. I really don't want to go back but the growth pains in streaming are starting to get vey annoying.

I did the same. Had Direct TV for 15 years. Finally I said I was going to cut the cord. I had Direct TV Now,You Tube TV, Hulu, and sling, a year later I am back to Direct TV. I signed up thru Costco and I feel like I got a decent deal. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I did the same. Had Direct TV for 15 years. Finally I said I was going to cut the cord. I had Direct TV Now,You Tube TV, Hulu, and sling, a year later I am back to Direct TV. I signed up thru Costco and I feel like I got a decent deal. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
We may end up doing the same. We’ll see in the Spring and price the rates. We signed up through Costco the first time AFAIK, though we had AT&T’s U-Verse (worked great) before that.

We don’t need 300 channels. 25 or so, that we select, would be fine. ;)

I don't know how you cord cutters keep up, or how this is a sustainable model.

I'm going to give my FiOS remote control a hug. (but stop there).

Yeah I will just keeping bitching once a month when I pay my spectrum bill but then go back to watching pretty much everything I want to see for another 30 days.

Might as well go back to cable. Between the price increases and limited coverage

Only 2 more "opportunities" for RSN. Clemson, Wake are ACC Network. Louisville is ESPN. Notre Dame is NBC.

That leaves BC and NC State. BC week is a possibility of us being the weakest game of the field.

NC State will probably at least get ACCN. Duke/Georgia Tech that week probably gets bottom billing. Plus there are two Friday games, so not as much Saturday content.

I don't know how you cord cutters keep up, or how this is a sustainable model.

I'm going to give my FiOS remote control a hug. (but stop there).
please world of warcraft freakout kid has nothing on you when it comes to mistreating remotes

So you cord-cutters will now be duct taping that cord back together...lol Sorry I couldn't help myself. Just kidding

Seriously though, I think people are anti-cable companies and rush to cut the cord and end up with unnecessary headaches with this stuff. I know everyone hates their cable company (DirecTV, Spectrum, Fios, Comcast...etc), we all do. But at the end of the day in regards to TV, it's pretty much reliable and you aren't always having to run around to find which streaming service is carrying this or carrying that or dropping this or dropping that.

I view the cable company likes taxes. Ya hate paying as much as you do but at the end of the day, you hold your nose and just do it and try not to think about it.

So you cord-cutters will now be duct taping that cord back together...lol Sorry I couldn't help myself. Just kidding

Seriously though, I think people are anti-cable companies and rush to cut the cord and end up with unnecessary headaches with this stuff. I know everyone hates their cable company (DirecTV, Spectrum, Fios, Comcast...etc), we all do. But at the end of the day in regards to TV, it's pretty much reliable and you aren't always having to run around to find which streaming service is carrying this or carrying that or dropping this or dropping that.

I view the cable company likes taxes. Ya hate paying as much as you do but at the end of the day, you hold your nose and just do it and try not to think about it.
Are you old enough to remember people saying that we’ll never pay for tv or water. In twenty years we will be paying for oxygen otc.

What is gonna happen is we paid $100 for 250 channels and life was good because you never had those channels before..
Now streaming comes in and people are paying $40 for 75 channels and people are happy because they save money.
Then over time they realized they dont get a channel or 2 or 3 and thats Ok they only watch them once in awhile.. Then it slowely becomes 4-5-6 and 1-2 key channels they really do watch are missing and the price is going up $5-10-15 and the contracts that the Hulu/Youtubes ate the cost on come do and now after 3-4-5 yrs people are paying $60-$70 for 65 channels and they dont get locals or RSNs and other things so they hop ship all over playing the pricing game.

So people are paying 2-3x per channel to these streaming sites who make more money by offering less product and people do it and in the not too far off they will be back to paying $100 for 60 channels and the cable people will be paying $120 for 250 channels..

wait until they crack down on all the sharing they are happy to ignore to get customers even though it violates the terms of the deals with the channel companies..

I cancelled DirecTV this summer, & gave YouTube TV a run. I was fed up with calling AT&T seemingly every month... the thing that drives me crazy about DirecTV is the monthly bill is so rarely the same each month, I feel like I'm calling all the time to figure out why my bill is continually fluctuating (I have also had employees tell me in chats & on the phone that something will happen that doesn't)

However, when I cancelled initially, my internet price doubled since we use AT&T wifi. It's nice that some of the cost of DirecTV is offset by the bundle deals they offer with internet. After a few more frustrating calls I'm actually pretty pleased with the bundled costs & access to the channels my family & I want. The interface/DVR is so familiar & simple, it's significantly better for my family experience.

Are you old enough to remember people saying that we’ll never pay for tv or water. In twenty years we will be paying for oxygen otc.

A friend was offered in on Los Angeles cable TV in the early 70s,,,his response was, who would be stupid enough to pay for TV? Yeah well...

As a Hulu customer this drives me nuts, it seems like a constant rotation of going between Hulu and YouTube Tv for games/channels.

With that being said aren't all the games in question for the regional networks on ESPN+ (Insider). As a subscriber to that for $4.99 a month I have been able to get all CUSE games if not on Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.