RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to Spectrum yesterday. Had to ask for Cloud DVR and challenged rep who told me I had to have at least one box (you don’t if you have Rokus or Samsung Smart TVs) and ended up paying a total of $3 less than I was with Hulu w/live TV, HBO Max and Spectrum broadband. I know it’s just for a year, but as long as I have none of their equipment I can easily switch again when teaser rate expires. Oh, and their $44.99 teaser does NOT include a $16.75 Broadcast Programming fee that the streamers don’t charge, or at least don’t break out.

If you are a sports fan and you don’t want cable or satellite, it looks like there is one option left for you. It is pretty expensive but you get a ton of sports content for your money.

At the bottom of this link is the list of RSNs they provide. It is impressive.

I think this solution should work anywhere in the continental US. All you need is high speed internet and an AT&T TV subscription.

If you are a sports fan and you don’t want cable or satellite, it looks like there is one option left for you. It is pretty expensive but you get a ton of sports content for your money.

At the bottom of this link is the list of RSNs they provide. It is impressive.

I think this solution should work anywhere in the continental US. All you need is high speed internet and an AT&T TV subscription.

I had it for a free trial week, so that I could get one of those Cuse games earlier this season. Liked it a lot. Expensive compared to the other streaming options, but it does have the best channel lineup too.

Methinks the soon-to-be rebranded RSNs will be back on streaming services by start of baseball season. If not, they’ll be losing a lot of customers...

Alternatively, Sinclair could offer their own service.

Methinks the soon-to-be rebranded RSNs will be back on streaming services by start of baseball season. If not, they’ll be losing a lot of customers...

Alternatively, Sinclair could offer their own service.

Saw this coming...a smart move by them. Opens them up for a takeover at a nice profit too...

yup so all the people who complained about a cable rate will now pay $10-15 for a sports pack of 1-2 RSN on top of the cost of Hulu/Youtube/etc and find out they will be paying more than they were 6 months ago when the RSN was included in the youtube/Hulu/etc package..

now some people who dont watch sports at all will be fine with it.

There are probably a lot of people who would pay for the service of sorting all of these options out. I can tell you as a “senior” it’s overwhelming. There is just no way to keep up with the constant shifting landscape.

Screw cable, buy an amazon firestick and find someone to jailbreak it. Watch all sports, any movie, any tv show for free.

Currently watching yes network for free on the app Mobdro.

Screw cable, buy an amazon firestick and find someone to jailbreak it. Watch all sports, any movie, any tv show for free.

You can’t DVR though right, have to watch it live or not at all?

yup so all the people who complained about a cable rate will now pay $10-15 for a sports pack of 1-2 RSN on top of the cost of Hulu/Youtube/etc and find out they will be paying more than they were 6 months ago when the RSN was included in the youtube/Hulu/etc package..

now some people who dont watch sports at all will be fine with it.

And for TV minimalists this will be great news. Mike, it is all about freedom of choice. I don't need 200 channels with Youtube, Amazon Prime and Roku.

it really becomes a pain though if you are wanting to keep track of 2 games.. moving from a game on youtube to another app just isnt clean..

not a problem for me, i solved that one with the TV cave,,

87675D73-D98D-4C20-BB39-8F39B6F56284.jpeg

Great idea. While you’re at it, would you please Venmo me some money? Since you are stealing from the industry that pays my salary, and allows me to provide for my family.

Rant alert... I’m so f-ing sick of these threads about stealing video services. I assume you guys go to your local grocery store and stuff steaks into your coat and walk out without paying, right? Is that cool? Many of us on this site work in media, and I’m tired of staying quiet about this.

If you think these services are too expensive, or aren’t a good value, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend what you guys are doing has no consequences. It’s theft, pure and simple.

Don’t spend your time here complaining about the “corrupt” NCAA, or whining about how “soft” today’s players are, and then congratulate yourselves for stealing.

Rant over, have a lovely f-ing day.

Last edited:
it really becomes a pain though if you are wanting to keep track of 2 games.. moving from a game on youtube to another app just isnt clean..

not a problem for me, i solved that one with the TV cave,,
Simple solution: multiple TVs. If we want to watch/follow multiple games we'll add 1-3 additional TVs.
For us the biggest issue is simply accessing the games. Sinclair's screw-ups are the main issue.
YouTubeTV gets us a number of concurrent streams. The ESPN app gets us others and previously one of the Fox Sports apps would work as well. Ideally Sinclair & YouTubeTV resolve their issue.

Great idea. While you’re at it, would you please Venmo me some money? Since you are stealing from the industry that pays my salary, and allows me to provide for my family.

Rant alert... I’m so f-ing sick of these threads about stealing video services. I assume you guys go to your local grocery store and stuff steaks into your coat and walk out without paying, right? Is that cool? Many of us on this site work in media, and I’m tired of staying quiet about this.

If you think these services are too expensive, or aren’t a good value, that’s fine. But let’s not pretend what you guys are doing has no consequences. It’s theft, pure and simple.

Don’t spend your time here complaining about the “corrupt” NCAA, or whining about how “soft” today’s players are, and then congratulate yourselves for stealing.

Rant over, have a lovely f-ing day.
Yeah, I’m surprised the moderators allow posts encouraging illegal activities.

Last edited:
Oh who will think of the poor.. poor corporations :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Maybe they shouldn’t be such greedy B-words and not add tons of fees and prices raises every year

Shoplift from Walmart because they’re greedy bastards!
I have before lol. I also helped people get extra breaks when I worked at Amazon and helped keep people getting fired from the Bezos Grinder. I will never feel sorry for a corporation losing a tiny fraction of money due to greed

I have before lol. I also helped people get extra breaks when I worked at Amazon and helped keep people getting fired from the Bezos Grinder. I will never feel sorry for a corporation losing a tiny fraction of money due to greed
Whose asking you to feel sorry for a corporation? It’s stealing, which is illegal.

Greed? Who made you the arbiter of greed?

A retailer sets a price, and a consumer can choose to buy that product or not.

Do you own a Tesla? Why not? Is the exorbitant price greed? Why don’t you head in down to your local dealership and steal one off the lot? I mean, you’re not harming Elon Musk, right,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.