RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you cord-cutters will now be duct taping that cord back together...lol Sorry I couldn't help myself. Just kidding

Seriously though, I think people are anti-cable companies and rush to cut the cord and end up with unnecessary headaches with this stuff. I know everyone hates their cable company (DirecTV, Spectrum, Fios, Comcast...etc), we all do. But at the end of the day in regards to TV, it's pretty much reliable and you aren't always having to run around to find which streaming service is carrying this or carrying that or dropping this or dropping that.

I view the cable company likes taxes. Ya hate paying as much as you do but at the end of the day, you hold your nose and just do it and try not to think about it.
or you leave cable companies for a few months then they offer you a promo deal again and re sign up, then when the promo ends you go back to streaming and repeat as needed

or you leave cable companies for a few months then they offer you a promo deal again and re sign up, then when the promo ends you go back to streaming and repeat as needed
seems like a lot of unnecessary work to save a few bucks. But I guess everyone's situation is different

seems like a lot of unnecessary work to save a few bucks. But I guess everyone's situation is different
its not a few bucks its 20-30

Hulu is now dropping RSNs...
Starting on October 23, 2020 Hulu will no longer have the rights to distribute certain Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) that are currently included with your Hulu + Live TV plan.

While we were unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to continue offering channels like your Fox Sports RSN, YES Network, and Marquee Network, the good news is that you will continue to have access to a wide variety of sports from other popular channels including ESPN, TNT, and TBS, as well as FS1 and FS2.

Check out the Hulu Help Center for the full list of RSNs impacted by this news more information about what’s included in your Live TV plan or how to make changes to your subscription.

Thanks for watching,

The Hulu Team

Hulu also just announced today that they’re raising their price from 54.99 to 64.99! LOL!

More money for less content. I dropped them. Clowns.

how long did people expect them to take a loss to bring in customers?

*Shrug*. Not my concern. All I know is they’re not getting any money from me now.

Illegal streaming it is! Until something better comes along.

*Shrug*. Not my concern. All I know is they’re not getting any money from me now.

Illegal streaming it is! Until something better comes along.
1st rule of business is to increase market share, especially for a new company/service.

Once you have the customer base, you can jack up the price. And if you've done your homework, the users that leave (and resulting drop in revenue) will be offset by the increase in revenue for the customers that remain. You're one of the customers they don't care about. If, and until, total revenue falls. Then they try to buy you back.

I am not sure I agree, but it's how many companies operate. I learned, when working for AT&T after divestiture, that it is much cheaper to retain a customer than to get someone to switch or come back to you.

The RSN issue is really a Sinclair issue.
I’m just surprised that they didn’t offer 3+-month extensions at their current rates. Some revenue is better than no revenue.

They’ll likely sell out to someone else and write off the loss...

If they don’t have anything arranged before the NBA restarts they’ll be worthless.

Wait.

I was about to drop spectrum.

can I now not get Cuse through youtube or hulu??

Not anymore they don't according to the ratings.

NBA ratings declined...at a similar rate to the decline of the NHL and MLB ratings this fall.

Not sure these most recent postseasons are the best way to judge the popularity of a league.

My Hulu app has been very annoying lately and then the price increase. Hmmmm. I do like the ease of being able to watch anything at anytime but might be time to shop around

Fubu seems to be positioning itself as the go to streamer for sports. Not sure if it’s any good. Does anyone have it? Do they have the acc network?

Fubu seems to be positioning itself as the go to streamer for sports. Not sure if it’s any good. Does anyone have it? Do they have the acc network?

I’ve read pretty mixed reviews of Fubu. Seems like a lot of buffering issues, etc for a decent amount of people. More than I read when I ultimately chose YTTV

at least going to FUBU now you miss the price increase and the drop in a bunch of channels this pass as it already happened a short time ago

So I cancelled Hulu, ends today. I like this dialogue, the only thing I need one of these for is network TV NFL games and everything Syracuse. What's the best bet between providers for ACCN, RSN, etc. to make sure I can get as much Syracuse as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.