RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again | Syracusefan.com

RSN - Hulu - Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geode

Block Head
Hulu is now dropping RSNs...
Starting on October 23, 2020 Hulu will no longer have the rights to distribute certain Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) that are currently included with your Hulu + Live TV plan.

While we were unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair Broadcast Group to continue offering channels like your Fox Sports RSN, YES Network, and Marquee Network, the good news is that you will continue to have access to a wide variety of sports from other popular channels including ESPN, TNT, and TBS, as well as FS1 and FS2.

Check out the Hulu Help Center for the full list of RSNs impacted by this news more information about what’s included in your Live TV plan or how to make changes to your subscription.

Thanks for watching,

The Hulu Team

As well as losing locals in markets for things like ABC.

But dont worry Youtube is not far behind in losing them as well.

We doubled up on hulu and youtube tv to get the Yankees (didn't bother dropping yet)

Probably end up back on spectrum eventually
You can easily pause YoutubeTV for a couple months without issue. Just do it a day before your monthly billing date

Edit...if your billing date is for example: on the 15th. You can pause it today (the 22nd) but it won't go in effect until Nov 15th.

Last edited:
Wth are we supposed to do? I stopped cable to go to DirecTV but the signal was too intermittent and they were dropping channels from time to time because of disputes. So, I dropped DTV and went with Hulu as it was a lot cheaper. Then I tried YouTube and Fubo for free to watch NFL Thursday night games because Hulu doesn't have NFL network. I can't get the RSNs for ACC games where I live, so I signed up for ESPN+ and a VPN so I could watch SU games.
Sinclair owns both the local ABC and CBS affiliates. I also can't get the networks over the air because I live in the mountains. I really don't want to go back to Comcast (can't stand them), but I might be forced.

You can easily pause YoutubeTV for a couple months without issue. Just do it a day before your monthly billing date
That's good to know.

Wth are we supposed to do? I stopped cable to go to DirecTV but the signal was too intermittent and they were dropping channels from time to time because of disputes. So, I dropped DTV and went with Hulu as it was a lot cheaper. Then I tried YouTube and Fubo for free to watch NFL Thursday night games because Hulu doesn't have NFL network. I can't get the RSNs for ACC games where I live, so I signed up for ESPN+ and a VPN so I could watch SU games.
Sinclair owns both the local ABC and CBS affiliates. I also can't get the networks over the air because I live in the mountains. I really don't want to go back to Comcast (can't stand them), but I might be forced.

Cable baby!

they are always winning

they are all gonna have the disputes so dropping for one for that is gonna be a lost cause long term.

what part of Directv Single was bad?

Good, not that I was going to watch the dumpster fire this weekend but I can now get rid of tv again.

The whole cut the cord thing is awful. It's worth the $$ for cable to not have to deal with the hassle.

Pretty much have come to the same conclusion. I briefly considered youtube tv earlier this year, but I'm single and can afford cable with no problem. So it's worth it to me not to have to deal with the hassle.

From this article following the YouTubeTV drop of Sinclair stations:

"While we are disappointed that YouTube will discontinue carriage of the RSNs, we remain in discussions in an effort to find a mutually acceptable path to returning the RSNs to YouTube TV."

It sounds like Sinclair wants more money. The streaming services are going to have bump their rates a bit or allow customer to select their desired content to control their prices. For some of us, this could get ugly...

AT&T Now may encounter the same issue, though they might be spared due to their DirecTV offering.

Our local cable provider (Comcast) doesn't carry the ACC Network.

We really don't want to go back to DirecTV and contracts...

From this article following the YouTubeTV drop of Sinclair stations:

"While we are disappointed that YouTube will discontinue carriage of the RSNs, we remain in discussions in an effort to find a mutually acceptable path to returning the RSNs to YouTube TV."

It sounds like Sinclair wants more money. The streaming services are going to have bump their rates a bit or allow customer to select their desired content to control their prices. For some of us, this could get ugly...

AT&T Now may encounter the same issue, though they might be spared due to their DirecTV offering.

Our local cable provider (Comcast) doesn't carry the ACC Network.

We really don't want to go back to DirecTV and contracts...
I'm with you. I was with DirecTV for over almost 15 years. I really don't want to go back but the growth pains in streaming are starting to get vey annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.