Rumor mill | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor mill

Re: the timing of an announcement in 2 weeks, this does seem to coincide with LSU game week. Coincidence perhaps?
Are you insinuating the new Dome/Remodelling will include a Cajun Shack serving crawfish, etoufee, and jambalaya, a bayou will be cut into the surrounding area and Syracuse fans are treated to pre-game gator wrestling, wherein if the fans wins against the gator, the winner will move to the fifth row, 50 yard line with unlimited concessions for the game? Or did you just mean to make the whole week a big week?

I like the idea of announcing the week of the LSU game. Keep the fans riding high and wow them when the most focus will be on the team. (I'm also OK with the other suggestions

Are you insinuating the new Dome/Remodelling will include a Cajun Shack serving crawfish, etoufee, and jambalaya, a bayou will be cut into the surrounding area and Syracuse fans are treated to pre-game gator wrestling, wherein if the fans wins against the gator, the winner will move to the fifth row, 50 yard line with unlimited concessions for the game? Or did you just mean to make the whole week a big week?

I like the idea of announcing the week of the LSU game. Keep the fans riding high and wow them when the most focus will be on the team. (I'm also OK with the other suggestions

either that or LSu is paying for the renovation out of their recruiting fund

This is BRILLIANT! I can picture a grass terrace with leaves in the 3rd tier overlooking the end zone. People can go there, rake leaves and watch the game at the same time.
Glad I gave some of you a laugh.

The only problem is if they are going for a renovation, they have to get the city's approval first. Building a new complex outside the city, they don't need the mayor. The mayor will be a problem for any type of renovation of the dome, she'll cause delays, that's the way she has operated in the past.

baggerbob said:
The only problem is if they are going for a renovation, they have to get the city's approval first. Building a new complex outside the city, they don't need the mayor. The mayor will be a problem for any type of renovation of the dome, she'll cause delays, that's the way she has operated in the past.

For real, just look at what she did with the IPF

Is this really what we should expect? I don't know much about Minor other than she was kept out of the State Funded Stadium deal and then effectively killed it.

Why would she be against a Dome reno? I'd be interested to hear the local buzz.

Is this really what we should expect? I don't know much about Minor other than she was kept out of the State Funded Stadium deal and then effectively killed it.

It has nothing to do with whether she's for or against something. She's just an obtuse small-time product who has somehow convinced herself that political grandstanding is her way to climb the ladder. If she really cared about the issues behind the politics she would know when to get out of the way and play nice.

This is all you need to know about our city's "leader"

Back to the original rumor...here's one thing to keep in mind. If next football season is truly lost in its entirety, then it has to affect basketball. The entire month of November is a two sport overlap.

If it doesn't affect basketball, then it would be ready by November and we would have at least one, maybe two home games to christen the new building.

My wet dream scenario:

Colgate, USF, FSU at Ralph Wilson.

Retractable roof completed by mid October. We open the damn thing 3:30 ABC on Halloween against Va Tech with the damn thing open and get NCState at the dome later in November.

I'm realistically hoping the venue would not change the outcome of the first three and help us for the last two.

How crazy would the crowd be against VaTech?

Oh please please please. If Coyle and Syverud make this happen...

What are the odds this thing actually moves forward that quickly to impact next season?

Paint lines into one of the fields at the faigrounds, pull up a bunch of bleachers and let's get after it. Don't have these games out of town.

What are the odds this thing actually moves forward that quickly to impact next season?

Paint lines into one of the fields at the faigrounds, pull up a bunch of bleachers and let's get after it. Don't have these games out of town.

LAWNCHAIRS

I really don't get all the fuss about hating Miner. So she doesn't want to use public funds for a stadium? Good for her.
The business environment in Syracuse is better now than it was under previous regimes. Shes right when she says the infrastructure in the city needs improvements.

I really don't get all the fuss about hating Miner. So she doesn't want to use public funds for a stadium? Good for her.
The business environment in Syracuse is better now than it was under previous regimes. Shes right when she says the infrastructure in the city needs improvements.
Im not sure the business environment is any better. I just don't think she is very creative with her ideas. The fact that she bit the hand that feeds just shows me she doesn't know what's she's doing.

As an alum from far away, I'd be very bummed if they built an off campus stadium. (But my $$ doesn't talk given that I can't make many games.) The on campus experience - walking to to the Dome - was a big draw to me when I came east from California. But times change as do funding opportunities, I guess.
The inner harbor is minutes from campus. You could take the connective corridor from Marshal St to the new stadium for your gameday feel. ;)

Cusefan0307 said:
I really don't get all the fuss about hating Miner. So she doesn't want to use public funds for a stadium? Good for her. The business environment in Syracuse is better now than it was under previous regimes. Shes right when she says the infrastructure in the city needs improvements.
I have no opinion of miner but I agree that paying for stadiums with public tax dollars is complete and utter bullspit

Jake said:
Back to the original rumor...here's one thing to keep in mind. If next football season is truly lost in its entirety, then it has to affect basketball. The entire month of November is a two sport overlap. If it doesn't affect basketball, then it would be ready by November and we would have at least one, maybe two home games to christen the new building. My wet dream scenario: Colgate, USF, FSU at Ralph Wilson. Retractable roof completed by mid October. We open the damn thing 3:30 ABC on Halloween against Va Tech with the damn thing open and get NCState at the dome later in November. I'm realistically hoping the venue would not change the outcome of the first three and help us for the last two. How crazy would the crowd be against VaTech? Oh please please please. If Coyle and Syverud make this happen...

As you know, I've heard nothing on my end over the past couple years about basketball games in the Dome being impacted like football will.