Rumor mill | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor mill

We'll transport the drunk frat brothers to the roof to pee the snow away.
Haha now there is a use of readily available local resources, somebody get this man a LEED point!

The Dean Dome has a hard top. It's still called a dome.

ccm1_032756.jpg

but its not the dean dome kids.

its the dean smith center.

dome is a nickname.

how does opening up to the archbold side help concession and flow issues? thats away from the bball court and means 60% of the people have to go further during the busy time to get food. if you open up the other end you could do something that created more bball seats/boxes. if you did something on both ends you might decrease the people wondering the sideline areas and help traffic flow.

The beauty of the fall in upstate New York is overshadowed by the poor economy, onerous tax structure and liberal politics. I just moved my business out of California after 18 years for the same reasons. Palm trees and bikinis can't make up for $500/sq ft housing and a state that would rather run out of water than infringe on the habitat of a tiny fish.
Actually, it's mega-agribusiness that uses the lion's share of the water in California. But we all must have our almonds.

how does opening up to the archbold side help concession and flow issues? thats away from the bball court and means 60% of the people have to go further during the busy time to get food. if you open up the other end you could do something that created more bball seats/boxes. if you did something on both ends you might decrease the people wondering the sideline areas and help traffic flow.

Don't write this in stone, but I understand there will be an expansion at both ends, and I also think that basketball will no longer be played at the west end.

I don't know for a fact but it seems to me that you could easily place the basketball court on the Archbold side of the field.

I don't know for a fact but it seems to me that you could easily place the basketball court on the Archbold side of the field.

All the TV/Radio/Media hookups are on the West side. Not to mention all the locker rooms.

All the TV/Radio/Media hookups are on the West side. Not to mention all the locker rooms.
That's true, but if they are doing a major renovation then at the very least they could move the TV/Radio/Media hookups in the process. Locker rooms are a much trickier situation.

Tell me then, why does Dallas need a fancy roof when 99% of their events have beautiful weather?
Answer: Because of the beastly hot weather.

Why did they make it retractable?

Answer: Because of Jerry Jones and his monstrous Ego.

That's true, but if they are doing a major renovation then at the very least they could move the TV/Radio/Media hookups in the process. Locker rooms are a much trickier situation.
i see nothing wrong with the Syracuse hoop team running through a tunnel of fans screaming encouragement.

and the opponent running through a tunnel of fans screaming profanities.

to get to the new court on the other side.

The question is where the snow goes... if it slides off the ends does it fall 4o ft and crush scurrying freshmen that haven't learned where not to walk? Do we need a heat traced melt system? Could the current heating system be used in the same manner it is now?
On a vaguely related note - I'll never understand why melting icicles don't routinely take out pedestrians in Manhattan.

maybe all that changes. that's chump change in comparison to the rest of this

MaxwellCuse said:
Also seems like Cuomo, like every other politician out there, can smell a photo op ten miles away blindfolded. Yes, I think some State funds will be committed to a stadium renovation. Who knows how much but it will be adequate to get the Governor a front row seat and front page coverage on the day the project is announced.

Small price to pay.

On a vaguely related note - I'll never understand why melting icicles don't routinely take out pedestrians in Manhattan.
Pedestrians get hit by falling ice nearly every winter in Manhattan.