Rumor mill | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor mill

Dallas may want to close their roof for 2 games in January. We may want to open our roof for 2 games in September.

The locals in Texas voted to increase taxes and fees to cover 325 million.

Tell me then, why does Dallas need a fancy roof when 99% of their events have beautiful weather? The utility angle is completely missing the point. This type of investment should be about flaunting cleavage. Recruits get caught up in the cleavage.
because they learned the lesson from the texas rangers. people don't want to sit and roast in 100 degree weather

teams with retractable roofs keep them closed way more than anyone ever thought they would.

I'm excited. As soon as any bit of info is told, someone bitches about how something else would be better. Jesus H, no one here knows if it will be spectacular or not, so assume it will be great. Quit bitchin'.

Anyway, doesn't this pick look like a potential blow out if the 81 side, and connected to Archbold?

View attachment 50651

That picture does look like it has both a connection to Archibold and some sort of new construction on the 81 side.

That's the point. People are going to complain - doesn't mean that we should tuck our tail between our legs. We need more people sleeping with the governor besides you know who. We've been the losers for too long. It's time for someone else to "lose".
in the end we all lose. it's 20 million people going to dinner, splitting the check, and figuring if i skip the lobster and whatever dessert is expensive, i'm only saving 1/20millionth o fthe cost, screw it i'm having lobster and fancy dessert

More than half the money for the original build of the Dome was a state grant. So is it really impossible?

That doesn't mean there might not be private money available if the school wants to turn it into a money making venue.

So this may have been mentioned but obviously if we're going to a hard surface...I guess it'll no longer be "The Dome" then, eh?

That's going to make me a little sad, I think. It'll just be "Carrier Arena" or "Carrier Stadium" or whatever else they decide to go with.

So this may have been mentioned but obviously if we're going to a hard surface...I guess it'll no longer be "The Dome" then, eh?

That's going to make me a little sad, I think. It'll just be "Carrier Arena" or "Carrier Stadium" or whatever else they decide to go with.

I personally believe this is the time in history where carrier is nixed. Just my opinion.

Not necessarily imho. If you look at pics of the Alamadome in San Antonio, I'm not sure one would call that a traditional dome but it still has the name.

Superdome.

Astrodome.

Kingdome.

i think you guys are being much too particular about what is or isn't a dome.

is someone going to sue if we still call it a dome?

i think you guys are being much too particular about what is or isn't a dome.

is someone going to sue if we still call it a dome?

IF we are spending 200+ mil on buildings I bet they can peel off a couple for a settlement.

Superdome.

Astrodome.

Kingdome.

a rounded vault forming the roof of a building or structure, typically with a circular base.

a flat roof, probably wouldnt be a dome.

a rounded vault forming the roof of a building or structure, typically with a circular base.

a flat roof, probably wouldnt be a dome.
Wouldn't the flat roof have a pitch so the weight of the snow is reduced? Can't imagine it would have zero pitch.

I think it will always be the Carrier Dome, even if the roof is made of cheese. Too much of a brand, at this point.

Wouldn't the flat roof have a pitch so the weight of the snow is reduced? Can't imagine it would have zero pitch.
Yeah, I was wondering if, for the sake of consistency, they may build a roof similar to the one on the IPF (on a much larger scale obviously).

Got a pretty solid update on the dome future : Hard top. NOT retractable. Will not disrupt any games of any sports because of the build style / process.

Dome extended into Archbold for concession space. A/C added.

No idea on an announcement timeline.
Any Possibility of a Upper Ring concourse to service the 3rd level from the top and relieve congestion concession needs?

I think it will always be the Carrier Dome, even if the roof is made of cheese. Too much of a brand, at this point.
That's just unsound construction. Can't imagine cheese would hold up very well through a CNY winter.