Rutgers attendance...meh | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers attendance...meh

OttoForLife

2nd String
Don't get me wrong. I want to see the Dome packed all the time.

Glad to see the buzz that seems to be building for this game, but why the push for this game? Why not for WVU or someone else? Just seems to me that in recent years, SU has one shot to gimic their way into a big crowd.

Could it be Dougy & co have recruits in the building they are looking to impress considering our lack of fan support is used against us in recruiting?

Winnable game against a recruiting rival. If we win this game, one would think a lot of people would follow to the WVU game.

Because it is next up.
Do something for the other home games when the time comes.

Would love to have the loudhouse rockin' for this game.

I think we'll need it with all the injury issues.

Plus, I think the Scarlet Snookies will have problems if they can't call signals verbally... Schiano / poor game day coach/ etc.

This build up reminds of the Pitt game last year, once again we will have a decent amount of fans there, not a great crowd but respectable. I just hope we don't lay an egg here, we need to play well and build off of this...

This scenario is begiining to remind me of the Charlie Brown football thing. WE somehow win the next two with a buy week and a good build up for the WVU game we could see a legit 46 K in the dome

was at the pitt game. couldn't have been more pissed off over the outcome.talk about a huge build me and bring you down game.

it wreaks of desperation
True -- but you either accept a 30K house, or you make moves like these to fill it up and hope the freebies turn into paying customers. At least you sell more hot dogs.

i think it just condition people into $10-15 tickets and then hurts season tickets the following year.

True -- but you either accept a 30K house, or you make moves like these to fill it up and hope the freebies turn into paying customers. At least you sell more hot dogs.

What demand...they are pulling all the gimmicks out for this one.

I think you made his point...

When oil costs lower, it's not out of desperation, rather out of lack of demand. just an example. Please no lectures on oil production/supply/politics.

Its a rebuilding process - first win games and second win back fans. I would ask "why not"?

What demand...they are pulling all the gimmicks out for this one.
Because a Friday night game against WVU or USF sells itself.

Anybody with a clue will want to see the game with Cinci.

That's why.

I think you made his point...

When oil costs lower, it's not out of desperation, rather out of lack of demand. just an example. Please no lectures on oil production/supply/politics.

haha. thanks ATL.

Push now, win the game, have people enjoy the atmosphere, and then they come back. Keep promoting, have to do it.

The problem, as many of us have been saying for a few days now, is that the come to the game promotions for SU football have a roadblock that SU basketball, and that college football at other locations do not have. And that's people in the good seats. Usually you have the inside and you try to fill the outside. But SU football has to sell it's tickets from the inside out. And very few people are going to see this promotion, think hey I should go to this event, and then pay $90 - $135 per ticket in the good seats. Promotions sell the cheap seats.

lol, one could resonably presume the person selling oil is desperate for customers because no one will buy...so you've all made my point. thanks for playing.

the atmosphere sux though. get rid of the commercials and the announcer and let the band play.same for hoops games.

lol, one could resonably presume the person selling oil is desperate for customers because no one will buy...so you've all made my point. thanks for playing.

lol. we need to end this. Your interesting logic trumps my MBA in Finance. you win. :)

i will segue into this...most people are ok with dropping the price of a ticket from $35 to $10 or even free, but dropping the $12 fee for parking is crazy... how does it go... ::rolls eyes::

this is my last parking post...sorry for the troll desperation post, just thought it would make the point stronger.

the atmosphere sux though. get rid of the commercials and the announcer and let the band play.same for hoops games.

Fans make the atmosphere.

Tailgate, cheer, chant, sing... have a good time.

Jesus, Syracuse fans are entitled and whiny.

HERE WE ARE NOW, ENTERTAIN US.

:bang:

How about the wave? That's pretty cool too.

Not as many as some here who have traveled to some of the SEC venues (which we would never be able to compete with) but I have been to a lot of other college games and away games. SU has one of the worst, if not the worst, game day experiences. It's not just one thing it is the whole package.

it wreaks of desperation

Yes, because we're playing a last-place opponent that no one outside of Piscataway cares about. The only reason we care is because we want their annoying, delusional fanbase to shut up. I just don't want to have to listen to them ever again. Let them be Kent State's problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom