Ryan Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib

anomander

Living Legend
McShay now has Nassib going 8th to Buffalo in his new updated mock draft. Analysts are doubting it, but Marrone is definitely arrogant enough to do it.

I would think Buffalo could trade down to #15 or so, pick up some more depth and still get Nassib. But what do I know??

Eh, Marrone owes him one. Without Nassib, he has no shot at HC job this year with the Bills...and might not have at Syracuse for other reasons. None of his original QB recruits were close to ready.

Chris Mortenson also wrote that there is a growing sense around the league that the Bills take Nassib at 8.

Keep in mind, though, that sports truism, which is even truer in the days leading up to the draft:

"Everybody lies."

If Marrone does pick Nassib at #8 he is basically signing his own resignation letter and post dating it three years. The Bills have so many holes all over the roster that they can't afford to waste their first round pick on a talent who won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years. I for one believe due to Ryan's inability to throw an accurate long ball he is not capable of starting in the NFL today. I don't think you can take a qb with such a huge flaw so high in the draft.

My non-informed guess is that they go with one of the two guards or a good tackle. Marrone knows he needs to build from the line out.

If Marrone does pick Nassib at #8 he is basically signing his own resignation letter and post dating it three years. The Bills have so many holes all over the roster that they can't afford to waste their first round pick on a talent who won't be ready for at least 2 or 3 years. I for one believe due to Ryan's inability to throw an accurate long ball he is not capable of starting in the NFL today. I don't think you can take a qb with such a huge flaw so high in the draft.

My non-informed guess is that they go with one of the two guards or a good tackle. Marrone knows he needs to build from the line out.

Does that mean Justin Pugh has a chance to be picked higher than Nassib? Interesting possibility.

ESPN this morning mentioned Nassib (and Smith) as an option for the Jets with the extra first they've just picked up in the Revis trade.

Two questions occur:

1. Which of the two teams would be better for Nassib?

2. Why does it feel like a bad move for either team to pick him in the top half of the first round? (And no, I'm not bashing Nassib. He had a great career here, worthy of a draft pick, though I see him as more of a second-third round developmental guy)

They are about to talk to McShay on Mike and Mike in a couple minutes, and they are clearly going to talk about Ryan based on the tease going to commercial.

I actually think nassib is going to be a good nfl qb and like the fit in buffalo obviously . I just think they can get him later in the 1st. Unless they think someone else may be onto him? The thing we know about Marrone though is he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room... Which he probably is close to being . I would trust his judgment

I would love for Buffalo to take Nassib so that Bills fans can start talking about what Marrone will do once he has his own QB.

Please not Buffalo for Ryan. Hide as quick as you can Ryan. Cleveland's a better fit(lol)!!

They are about to talk to McShay on Mike and Mike in a couple minutes, and they are clearly going to talk about Ryan based on the tease going to commercial.
Mcshay basically said since he won't predict trades, he mocked Nassib to Buffalo. He feels that the bills are a candidate to move back into the 1st in the 20's to secure Nassib.

So in other words, it's a mock cop out essentially. But hopefully he does go at 8 in the end.

Mcshay basically said since he won't predict trades, he mocked Nassib to Buffalo. He feels that the bills are a candidate to move back into the 1st in the 20's to secure Nassib.

So in other words, it's a mock cop out essentially. But hopefully he does go at 8 in the end.

What kind of a mock is it if you don't actually predict what you think will happen? The guy who mocks for CNNSI has been showing the Jets trading Revis to the Bucs and his prediction for that pick for at least two weeks. ESPN is a joke.

I actually think the nassib to stevie johnson connection would be solid. I am a jets fan and johnson kills us frequently. Throw in the rbs they have and that would be solid.

I would think Buffalo could trade down to #15 or so, pick up some more depth and still get Nassib. But what do I know??
tough part is finding someone who wants the 8th slot in a supposedly weak draft. I think if there were more QB needs towards the tail end of the first round (which there rarely ever are), Ryan would be perfectly suited in that 20-30 range.

If Buffalo is going to take Nassib I would think they will trade back with San Diego or somebody who wants the DE Mingo from LSU or Lane Johnson from Oklahoma if either is on the board. Nassib as a first round pick wouldn't shock me, but the expectations of being the 8th pick selected might be too much for Nassib if he starts slow. I don't want Nassib going to Buffalo because I am Patriots fan and want him to succeed. The 2 teams that are reportedly in on Nassib the most are Buffalo and the NY Jets and the reason why Buffalo may take Nassib at 8 is because with the Revis trade many are saying the Jets may take a QB at 13 now.

please tell me nassib hasnt been invited to NYC.

he may be in the green room till saturday.

Oh Lord

Oh Lord

I think he said he wasn't going even if invited.

Oh Lord

And the drum beats on :rolleyes: . If he doesn't get drafted until Saturday, then I'll ban myself from the pay side for a year.

Eh, Marrone owes him one. Without Nassib, he has no shot at HC job this year with the Bills...and might not have at Syracuse for other reasons. None of his original QB recruits were close to ready.

no he doesnt.

the same thing could be said that nassib owes marrone/hackett for making him what he is.

there is no such thing as "owing him 1" business is business. nothing personal.

it may work out in the end, but it most certainly is not because marrone "owes him 1"

I actually think nassib is going to be a good nfl qb and like the fit in buffalo obviously . I just think they can get him later in the 1st. Unless they think someone else may be onto him? The thing we know about Marrone though is he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room... Which he probably is close to being . I would trust his judgment

Honestly, there is no "good fit" in Buffalo for most players... and certainly not for a QB...

And if Marrone was so smart, he wouldn't be at Buffalo... He'd be in Philly...

Honestly, there is no "good fit" in Buffalo for most players... and certainly not for a QB...

And if Marrone was so smart, he wouldn't be at Buffalo... He'd be in Philly...

Because of all of those Super Bowl rings the Eagles have, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom