Class of 2019 - S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC

Im seeing Orange
I've been that way for years.
If we do get him it would be a recruiting re-coup: outduel USC and garner a recommitt. Not a lot of schools manage to re-land decommitts. Plus we'd be exercising our Texas connection.

He’s heading to USC this weekend. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

I took my daughter to look at USC. My wife and I are SU alums and we love SU, but I've got to say, USC shows REALLY well. Their athletics memorial hall, or whatever they call it, with all of their trophies, is really impressive. Their 7 Heismans in a ring is pretty sweet.
That said, I hope he hates it there.

I rarely question your info, but is that a definite? been hearing he was going to, but then wasn't visiting.

May be he just wants to take his visits and check it all out before NLI

May be he just wants to take his visits and check it all out before NLI

could be. The USC staff is one not so great season away from being canned, so maybe that will play into his decision. we can hope.

While USC will always be formidable because of its card carrying status as a blue blood program, they are really hurting right now. The Bru McCoy transfer was a big deal in football circles here in Texas, and Hewett - being at North Shore with many other high level recruits - would certainly be plugged into the story. You just don't see a guy like McCoy - lifelong USC fan, 5 star recruit at Mater Dei - seek to transfer after 2 weeks at school (and face the possibility of sitting out a season), just because his OC left to take another job. Supposedly the relationship/communication between coaches and players is terrible and the culture is really bad. There's a very strong chance Helton gets canned next year, along with Swan the AD, and a new guy comes in with a mandate to clean house and change the direction of the program. Fit is everything in a college football program, and a guy like Hewett could easily find himself blowing 2-3 years of his eligibility swept up in the chaos and its aftermath there.

I'll never be totally surprised seeing any recruit pick USC, but this USC situation is very, very different from a typical USC situation.

That's their symbol for "fight on", the USC motto. It was drilled into us on my daughter's tour.
Umm.,.this is the symbol for “fight on”.
E74AC9EF-C509-490C-B2EC-A7CF7BC802D5.png

That's their symbol for "fight on", the USC motto. It was drilled into us on my daughter's tour.

I thought it was a "V" for victory. or maybe the V stands for play the Violin for Helton after this coming year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom