San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

San Diego St / CBS 9:40 PM

The SDSU offense can be streaky. We rely on defense. I will steal one of your quotes:
If our defense puts up an A performance and Buddy (insert Shakel or Gomez)remains hot, you're going to lose. Both teams are known for their D. As of late, we have not shot well from 3, but have been clutch at the right time. If Buddy is hitting and we are not, it probably goes your way. Same can be said the other way.

The SDSU offense can be streaky. We rely on defense. I will steal one of your quotes:
If our defense puts up an A performance and Buddy (insert Shakel or Gomez)remains hot, you're going to lose. Both teams are known for their D. As of late, we have not shot well from 3, but have been clutch at the right time. If Buddy is hitting and we are not, it probably goes your way. Same can be said the other way.
This will be a fun game.

One thing to watch for. Our zone defense isn't as formidable as it usually is... at least with the starting lineup.

It changes in a hurry when the bench comes in, specifically Kadary Richmond. He's a nightmare at the top of the zone.

A lot of us have been clamoring for him to start over Joe Girard. The defense transforms when he's in the game so dramatically, we wonder why Boeheim doesn't start games that way.

Conspiracists suspect that it may be because Boeheim knows he can sucker a team into thinking the zone is soft, and get his opponent playing a little lazy, then wham, Richmond comes in and completely shuts things down and gets two quick steals for easy transition buckets going the other way.

MWC regular season and conference champ as 6 seed. Probably should be 4 seed

WVa over seeded, but tough match.

Survive first weekend we hitting final four
Though the committee loaded our region with Clemson and Georgia Tech to neutralize our zone mystique in case we do move forward

But we have In N Out and the the beach
Welcome. Just a quick pointer - each post has a Reply link. If you want to reply to a specific post, click that and it quotes the post. Then we'll all know exactly what you are replying to.

Best of luck this week! You'll need it. ;)

1615773495833.png

Honest opinion I think we win by double digits. I watched all the MW games this week. We play like we did against Virginia and we ll roll. I think we can make it through the bottom half of this bracket!
I agree but too many times I have seen us play to the level of our opponent. I hope we stay focused, take one game at a time and roll!!!! LGO

they were seeded right where there numbers say they should be 6 or 7 seed

Right. I just think they're more talented than that. That's all. By the numbers, they are right where they should be.

I dont want to put this out there in case I'm way off...but my gut feeling is JG3 has a big tournament. There i said it...its happening! Seriously though, I feel like he's going to hit some big time shots.
We have several players that can show up real big, especially with all the focus teams will try to put on Buddy. Not sure many of these teams have seen a big man like Dolezaj that can bring the ball up and throw pin point passes. If Joe gets hot he can really burn the coverage on Buddy. Quincy will play tough and as everyone has suggested, if good AG shows...kitty bar the door. LGO

im going to be really bummed if Griffin is off again.

SDSU’s bigs are physical and can score, but they’re not formidably tall. Guerrier and AG may have a field day with weak side blocks, then offensive boards on the other end.

Hope Jesse gets out there and looks a little more comfortable too. Robert’s typically solid vertically on D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom